Group B - Iran, Spain, Portugal, Morocco Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
    Morocco's upcoming games according to FIFA match centre, does anyone know if these are part of a tournament or only friendly matches?
    Sunday 14/01/2018, Casablanca, Morocco vs Mauritania
    Monday 22/01/2018, Casablanca, Morocco vs Sudan
    African nation championship. It is hosted by Morocco and their group also features Guinea.
    It will be interesting to see how they perform in the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
      African nation championship. It is hosted by Morocco and their group also features Guinea.
      It will be interesting to see how they perform in the tournament.
      Africa has two tournaments, is this the one that teams use only their African based players or is it the proper tournament where they all use their main squads?

Comment

Originally posted by JamB View Post
        Just because they warm the bench or aren't hot for
        Their club team doesn't mean they aren't dangerous for their country. Prime example is azmoun. They
        Probably look at him and think the same exact thing-can't score in Russian league and doesn't start every game
        Exactly! On or off bench, scoring or not scoring for club or country my opinion is based on the quality and the potential of the players. You can put a woodstick in front of goal and it can score if lucky. Does the stick have potential?

Comment

Not saying IRAN will beat Portugal or Spain, but lets look at their records

Portugal games:

Country Ranking Result
          Hungry 53 W 3-0
          Sweden 18 L 2-3
          Cyprus 91 W 4-0
          Latvia 131 W 3-0
          Mexico 16 D 2-2
          Russia 61 W 1=0
          New Zealand 122 W 4-0
          Chile 10 D 1-1
          Mexico 16 W 2-1 aet
          Faroe Island 142 W 5-1
          Hungry 53 W 1-0
          Andorra 139 W2-0
          Switzerland 10 W2-0
          8-0 63 W3-0
          USA 24 D 1-1

Total 11-1-3
          I really think if IRAN played all these countries this year
          we might have a record like 8-2-5

Its unfortunate that European countries get more FIFA point for beating Andorra than Asian teams for beating Japan

Comment

Iran can beat spain and portugal, Iran can also lose to Morocco.
            Many factors have to go either way for either outcome.
            Realistically speaking Portugal and Spain are the two teams that will go to the next round, while Iran and Morocco will fight for 3rd spot, where Morocco has the upper hand due to their French legionaires and as a national team playing in a stronger continent i.e. Africa.

BUT here is te situation:
            Irans first game is not the most difficult game in the group i.e. a narrow 1:0 win is possible!
            If then at the same time Portugal beats Spain, Spain will desperately have to win by all means vs a very defensive Iran (remember Irans defense in WC14 Argentina) and that can be the chance for sensation, where Iran will play on counter and wait for Spains mistakes as the clock ticks towards min. 80. and CQ is the expert in this!
            Hecne, it is possible, but we must be damn good, much more better than in WC14!
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
              Iran can beat spain and portugal, Iran can also lose to Morocco.
              Many factors have to go either way for either outcome.
              Realistically speaking Portugal and Spain are the two teams that will go to the next round, while Iran and Morocco will fight for 3rd spot, where Morocco has the upper hand due to their French legionaires and as a national team playing in a stronger continent i.e. Africa.

BUT here is te situation:
              Irans first game is not the most difficult game in the group i.e. a narrow 1:0 win is possible!
              If then at the same time Portugal beats Spain, Spain will desperately have to win by all means vs a very defensive Iran (remember Irans defense in WC14 Argentina) and that can be the chance for sensation, where Iran will play on counter and wait for Spains mistakes as the clock ticks towards min. 80. and CQ is the expert in this!
              Hecne, it is possible, but we must be damn good, much more better than in WC14!
              I agree with you Adesor.
              I saw Portugal live at the Confederations Cup in the Spartak Arena. I have to say that they are absolute beatable.
              But:
              Our Defense has to be very concentrated. The Portuguese team is so strong that they would benefit from every mistake our defense would make. I know many don´t like Christiano Ronaldo, but he was always a big danger for the Russian team. They never could manage to exclude him the whole time from the game. If we have a golden day, it will possible for us to hurt them.

Morocco is on the same level like we are. And here again the big but - Historically we always failed against teams which have been on the same level like us.
              (AC 2000 vs. SKO / WCQ 2002 vs. BAH / AC 2004 vs. China / WC 2006 vs. ANG / AC 2007 vs. China / WCQ 2010 vs. KSA / WC 2014 vs. Bosnia / AC 2015 vs. IRQ)
              It will all depend on the tactic CQ will prepare and how fit our players are - remember how Ali Karimi got injured before the WC2006 and never returned back to his form. If all the player stay healthy, I am sure that we can beat them. Of course not with 3:0, like some expect. A 1:0 is more than enough.

The only unknown factor is Spain. In Asia we never play against teams who dominate so extreme the field with a ball-possession of more than 70%. I am honestly not sure, how our defense will handle this pressure.

Comment

i just saw we playing Spain in Kazan at 21:00? Kazan is the stadion of Sardar Azmoun, so Why he can not score in that game against Spain?

Comment

Lets be honest and not lose ourselves in emotions. If Iran Played Portugal and Spain 10 times, we would probably lose 90% of the time, draw 9% and win 1%. This is the reality. with Morocco its 50-50 as they play exactly like us, a tightly defensive unit. but going back to Portugal and Spain, can we beat them? , most probably not! can we draw them possibly YES! which means we can truthfully get away with 5 points on VERY GOOD DAY! CQ knows this, I saw it on his face, he was hoping for an easier group, but he knows god has challenged him with the TWO countries closest to his heart and is previous life when he coached a Ronaldo led Portugal that lost to Spain ! This is personal for him and he has an Iran to train to get even ! its like Rocky vs Clubber lang! just depends which fight will be us, the first where Rocky got clubbered by Lang or the comeback fight?...

Comment

We have a good chance of winning the game with Sardar Azmoun in the second half, why not it is in he's own stadion! I looking some games of Spain and if we playing good like the game of Argentina at World Cup 2014 we can even suprise Spain and Portugal.
                    Euro 2016:
                    Bordeaux -- Croatia- Spain 2 - 1
                    https://youtu.be/uju77_jxXj8

Euro 2016:
                    Portugal-Austria 0:0
                    Portugal-Iceland 1:1
                    Hungary-Portugal 3:3

Portugal had difficulty with this weak teams, so why it is not possible for us to win or draw?
                    https://youtu.be/Npv18KKj6b0
                    https://youtu.be/8fpprjTAGeM
                    https://youtu.be/k0836RXF6DA

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                      Anyome know what the situation is regarding Morocco's El-Arabi? He seems to be their most accomplished goalscorer but doesn't seem to be picked by Renard.
                      Salam all here, I’m from Morocco and it was interesting reading all of you here, so i subscribed and it will be pleasure to exchange about football with you if you don't mind.

about El Arabi, Renard the coach and all big majority of Moroccan agree on that, Moroccan who go play in middle-east have no place in National team because they lack rhythm and can't afford play in high rhythm, in deep africa for 90mins or more, the only player who play there but still Renard call him, is Boussoufa because there is no other player actually who can do his job, and he have big experience, with Benatia and Ahmadi, they are the "big brothers for others", there substitutes are good, maybe better but still young and have need little more experience, and no matter how "physically small" is Boussafa,he can fight with stronger African players and have breath for 90mins , because he is very professional player, something many moroccan player are not, they can be good player but destroy themself because of their way of living.

El Arabi had many chances with all coaches we had, including Renard but he missed too much easy goals and last times Renard is looking for efficient striker but Morocco in history didn't have big strikers, we use to say it's in Moroccan DNA to not score and prefer dribbling nonstop, we have high level players but not great forwards, actually in my eyes Hamdallah is probably best striker we have but he wanted secure good life for himself and his family so he gone to Norway, then china and now play in Qatar too, another interesting forward Azaro gone to El Ahli, Egypt, and there is 2-3 in Moroccan league,especially Bencharki, who play for Wydad,team that won African Champions League and will play in clubs world cup on saturday against Pachuca,Mexico and other few young strikers in Holland, 1, 30 y old in Germany, actual post holder who play in turkey is "Boutaib" but we are not confident about him too, so we still not sure about who will be in Russia, maybe El Arabi will have another chance like others again but we trust Renard and it's miracle Moroccan believe in coach, it didn't happen from 1986 i think.

hmmm, i will say, Moroccan team need striker and left defender, in all others "posts" we have good players with many substitutes at similar level.., the real strength of the team is the team, Moroccan team always was producing nice football but no striker make us lose many easy games we were too dominating easy, what coach Renard bring to the team and we missed last years, is the fighting spirit, self-confidence and stop players play individual..., now we have a real team and that's why Moroccan are more confident and think we will have nice world cup and will reach at least 1/4 final... i hope, without dreams there is no life, no? hehehe.

most part of Moroccan wish Iran and Morocco eliminate our neighbors, Spain and Portugal,
                      honestly both Morocco and Iran have the ability to beat actual Portugal much easier than Spain but still Spain is not few years ago Spain, and in 1 match, we can beat them, maybe in 10 matches it can be harder and we will lose 6/7/8 times but in 1 match, we can make it, against Portugal, i believe even we are better than them no matter Ronaldo, he is 33 years old after all... with defense we have and i mean all team defending not only defense, i don't think spain can beat us, we can maybe not win but i don't see us lose. for all moroccan the most difficult match and match that will make otehrs be easier, is match against Iran, and confidence will grow and make next matchs easier or it will be much more difficult, even if we lose against Iran, i wo'nt lose confidence by the way but hmmm i don't think we will loose against Iran and god willing, may the best and lucky team win, and if the worse happen for us, i will support Iran and african teams for next rounds...

Our players (iran and Morocco) shouldn't focus on "names" but fight for their chances, 11 against 11, have self-confidence and they will make history, they have to do their best, so no regret, what matter is they get respect from their opponents and the world of football .

El Arabi rate is -40% buts/matchs
                      Hamdallah is +60%

sorry for my english and the long post.
                      if you have any question about Marrakesh as you say or its football, you are welcome
                      Badr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadou View Post
                        Salam all here, I’m from Morocco and it was interesting reading all of you here, so i subscribed and it will be pleasure to exchange about football with you if you don't mind.
                        Salam Badr and welcome to PFDC. Thank you for your post. We look forward to discussing the Moroccan NT (and football in general) with you.

Have a nice stay here.

btw, do you know of any good Moroccan football forums? Preferably English speaking ones. Thanx.
                        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

about El Arabi, Renard the coach and all big majority of Moroccan agree on that, Moroccan who go play in middle-east have no place in National team because they lack rhythm and can't afford play in high rhythm, in deep africa for 90mins or more, the only player who play there but still Renard call him, is Boussoufa because there is no other player actually who can do his job, and he have big experience, with Benatia and Ahmadi, they are the "big brothers for others", there substitutes are good, maybe better but still young and have need little more experience, and no matter how "physically small" is Boussafa,he can fight with stronger African players and have breath for 90mins , because he is very professional player, something many moroccan player are not, they can be good player but destroy themself because of their way of living.

El Arabi had many chances with all coaches we had, including Renard but he missed too much easy goals and last times Renard is looking for efficient striker but Morocco in history didn't have big strikers, we use to say it's in Moroccan DNA to not score and prefer dribbling nonstop, we have high level players but not great forwards, actually in my eyes Hamdallah is probably best striker we have but he wanted secure good life for himself and his family so he gone to Norway, then china and now play in Qatar too, another interesting forward Azaro gone to El Ahli, Egypt, and there is 2-3 in Moroccan league,especially Bencharki, who play for Wydad,team that won African Champions League and will play in clubs world cup on saturday against Pachuca,Mexico and other few young strikers in Holland, 1, 30 y old in Germany, actual post holder who play in turkey is "Boutaib" but we are not confident about him too, so we still not sure about who will be in Russia, maybe El Arabi will have another chance like others again but we trust Renard and it's miracle Moroccan believe in coach, it didn't happen from 1986 i think.

hmmm, i will say, Moroccan team need striker and left defender, in all others "posts" we have good players with many substitutes at similar level.., the real strength of the team is the team, Moroccan team always was producing nice football but no striker make us lose many easy games we were too dominating easy, what coach Renard bring to the team and we missed last years, is the fighting spirit, self-confidence and stop players play individual..., now we have a real team and that's why Moroccan are more confident and think we will have nice world cup and will reach at least 1/4 final... i hope, without dreams there is no life, no? hehehe.

most part of Moroccan wish Iran and Morocco eliminate our neighbors, Spain and Portugal,
                          honestly both Morocco and Iran have the ability to beat actual Portugal much easier than Spain but still Spain is not few years ago Spain, and in 1 match, we can beat them, maybe in 10 matches it can be harder and we will lose 6/7/8 times but in 1 match, we can make it, against Portugal, i believe even we are better than them no matter Ronaldo, he is 33 years old after all... with defense we have and i mean all team defending not only defense, i don't think spain can beat us, we can maybe not win but i don't see us lose. for all moroccan the most difficult match and match that will make otehrs be easier, is match against Iran, and confidence will grow and make next matchs easier or it will be much more difficult, even if we lose against Iran, i wo'nt lose confidence by the way but hmmm i don't think we will loose against Iran and god willing, may the best and lucky team win, and if the worse happen for us, i will support Iran and african teams for next rounds...

Our players (iran and Morocco) shouldn't focus on "names" but fight for their chances, 11 against 11, have self-confidence and they will make history, they have to do their best, so no regret, what matter is they get respect from their opponents and the world of football .

Hamdallah is +60%

if you have any question about Marrakesh as you say or its football, you are welcome
                          Badr.
                          Welcome to PFDC!

Please contribute here as much as you can.

Comment

Hamdallah is +60%
                            Badr.
                            Very informative thank you for educating us all a bit on your team. You guys have very high quality players it should be a great match between Iran and Morocco I think we are all extremely excited for it.
                            Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 12-05-2017, 05:05 PM.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Hamdallah is +60%

Badr.
                              Thank you for this information brother, and welcome to PFDC!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                                Salam Badr and welcome to PFDC. Thank you for your post. We look forward to discussing the Moroccan NT (and football in general) with you.

Have a nice stay here.

btw, do you know of any good Moroccan football forums? Preferably English speaking ones. Thanx.
                                Thank you Amin.
                                unfortunatelly most forums are in arabic or french talking , but most interesting are in french and one great and most active forum is on site about football "mountakhab.net" :
                                http://mountakhab.net/forum/index.php?showforum=51

it's site created 14years ago by fans of moroccan teams and national team who are everywhere, inside and outside morocco, it become important with years, they managed have interesting database of moroccan players who play around the planet (+4700 player), they helped discovering new players..., have data about 14 years of national team, 5 years of "Botola", the local championship"..... there is talk on general football but more about africa and europ... little about arabs and asia football... and international footblall in general of course. i gave you that little stats so you know there is some quality guys there even if there is some silly too, but life need all i guess

it's mostly french talking Forum but you can post in english and many there talk many languages including english,spanish,dutch.... and i'm sure they will be happy to welcome you and exchange with you about football, team melli, world cup groups... or our "mountakhab: the atlas lions", mountalkhab means selection, elected... but in football it mean "national team"

here is direct link for forum about our group in world cup " http://mountakhab.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=129798 ", you can use google translator but few guys, they are minority post in Darija(moroccan language) with latin letters, no program can translate that hehehe but the easy way for you i think is to post in english and those who talk english will reply in english to you and will translate for otehrs if anyone ask what you said, who knows maybe you can find even someone talking farsi, since moroccan are everywhere and talk too many languages.

i talk english, german, spanish,malay,french and arabic but still "google translate" help with many other language.

Comment

Working...
                                X