Dejagah -7
    Taremi - 9 MoM

Ansarifard - 6

---------------------------------

Heydari - 5
    Jahanbakhsh - 6
    Shojaei - 7

Iran v. Guam [POST MATCH DISCUSSIONS + RATINGS]

Good match by the boys. We found our new #1 GK.

Ezzatollah Pourghaz oghab-e Bandar Torkeman.

EDIT: Mods please merge this to Z Joon's thread or just close this.

Comment

Beiranvand - 6

Rezaeian - 6
      Pourghaz - 7
      Pouraliganji - 6
      Mohammadi - 7

Ando - 6
      Kamyabinia - 7
      Torabi - 8
      Dejagah -5
      Taremi - 7

Ansarifard - 5

Heydari - 2
      Jahanbakhsh - 5
      Shojaei - 3

Comment

Beiranvand 0

when the team is up 6-0, you don't come out and do that. That was pure embodiment of inexperience

Comment

Good game we could have really humiliated them but CQ obviously told the guys to chill for the last 20-25 minutes....taremi and Torabi have had phenomenal starts to their TM careers I hope they keep it going.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

i'm sorry but we have a huge GK problem. Beiranvand not good enough. Haghighi mistake prone. sosha no way. rahmati slow and geting older. akhbari is the biggest hope for the future

Comment

Beiranvand - 5

Rezaeian - 6
              Pourghaz - 7
              Pouraliganji - 6
              Mohammadi - 7

Ando - 6
              Kamyabinia - 7
              Torabi - 8
              Dejagah - 7
              Taremi - 8

Ansarifard - 6

Heydari - 5
              Jahanbakhsh - 5
              Shojaei - 5

Comment

I think people just look at the red card and deduct from that, it was for the most part a defensive line mistake which was way too high, PAG and Pourghaz gave too much space to the Guam player who was basically on a 1-on-1 clear cut chance, they forced Beiranvand out and if he didn't actually come out it would've been a goal. He was forced to make the exit and and that point it's simply 50-50, no choice

Did anyone else understand it like me? Because if that was a blunder from Beiranvand then Haghighi is simply 100 times worse every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                  I think people just look at the red card and deduct from that, it was for the most part a defensive line mistake which was way too high, PAG and Pourghaz gave too much space to the Guam player who was basically on a 1-on-1 clear cut chance, they forced Beiranvand out and if he didn't actually come out it would've been a goal.

Did anyone else understand it like me? Because if that was a blunder from Beiranvand then Haghighi is simply 100 times worse every game.
                  I just think if you are up 6-0, you let them take the shot instead of endangering yourself and the striker with a stupid attack outside of the penalty area.

Comment

Originally posted by koush22 View Post
                    I just think if you are up 6-0, you let them take the shot instead of endangering yourself and the striker with a stupid attack outside of the penalty area.
                    I understand, but it's the natural reflex and decision of a keeper to come out in that situation don't you agree? In the end, Guam had a much higher chance to score in that situation than if Beiranvand actually got sent off for a foul there, and as you can see, this is what happened and we did not end up conceding in the end.

It was either risking a 50-50 sending off in one on one or just a clear cut chance for the Guam player to score, in the end they only got a wasted free kick and a 10 v 10 for 15 minutes

Comment

I think people just look at the red card and deduct from that, it was for the most part a defensive line mistake which was way too high, PAG and Pourghaz gave too much space to the Guam player who was basically on a 1-on-1 clear cut chance, they forced Beiranvand out and if he didn't actually come out it would've been a goal. He was forced to make the exit and and that point it's simply 50-50, no choice

He had no choice. Either come at the ball or wait for an impending doom. He did the right thing to rush it, although I would've rushed it in an attempt to kick it instead of sliding in front of the striker which out of the box is always a red card.

Comment

I understand, but it's the natural reflex and decision of a keeper to come out in that situation don't you agree? In the end, the Guam player had a much higher chance to score in that situation than if Beiranvand actually got sent off for a foul there, and as you can see, this is what happened and we did not end up conceding in the end.
                        Which is why I said it was the "pure embodiment of inexperience". An experienced goal keeper wouldn't have been prone to that natural inclination. But I know what you mean.

Besides, I kinda wish he was tested a little more so we could see what he is truly made of instead of having to see him get sent off with no serious testing of his skill before that

Comment

I don't know why they made big deal out of Guam, even our second division teams should be able to beat this Guam team!

Comment

I nominate the guy who kept yelling "MIDDLE, MIDDLLLEEEE" for guam coach.

Comment

Originally posted by koush22 View Post
                              Which is why I said it was the "pure embodiment of inexperience". An experienced goal keeper wouldn't have been prone to that natural inclination. But I know what you mean.
                              Besides, I kinda wish he was tested a little more so we could see what he is truly made of instead of having to see him get sent off with no serious testing of his skill before that
                              He was not tested at all so far and it's purely unfair to judge based on his forced exit IMO, I think he made the right decision and if he hadn't made that tackle Guam would've surely got one back. If that was a mistake then Haghighi needs to stay home considering he makes way worse blunders than that on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X