Team Melli's largest margin victories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Nervous is okay Irani jaan (I'm personally nervous before every TM match), and occasional screw-ups like the Turkmenistan match happen. But that doesn't mean that we should be lowering our expectations of TM to the point where we're questioning whether they're capable of a couple of 3 goal margin wins against Asia's lowest ranked teams or be happy with a couple of 1-0 or 2-0 wins against Guam and India IMHO.

I don't know about everyone else, but my minimum expectation for these two matches is two victories with at least a 5 goal margin combined, based on the quality of our players and our history and status in Asia versus the teams we're playing and because we're facing Guam in Azadi.

That's not to say that two victories and a combined 4 goal margin is total failure, but it is below my expectations (and many fans I think). Having said that, I would consider anything less than 6 points from these two matches a failure, necessitating a total reevaluation of our situation before it's too late and we have a mountain to climb just to make it to the next round like we did under Daei in 2010 qualifying.
    They need to win and win with a huge margin. Who knows, we might end up needing the goal difference advantage like we did back in 98.

Comment

Working...
    X