Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Central Asian Football Federation (CAFF)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Iran created this federation in June, why IFF doesn't start hosting tournaments?

The CAFF members are: Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Turkmenistan.

I'd rather play these national teams than Arabs who always cancel matches to ruin our preparations. IFF should have been smart by hosting a tournament in Tehran with the mentioned teams participating as preparation for our Asian Cup, instead of traveling all the way to South Africa and playing some reserve club teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central...all_Federation

One of the main reasons is most of these teams besides Iran and the very wealthy Uzbek FA have very little in terms of organization and funding to play a lot of games.
    It's a very good Idea though

Comment

What other nations can join in addition to the 6 members?

Would inviting some European nations close by like Armenia be possible?

Comment

Yeah, the whole Central Asia name and grouping was not a smart idea from the beginning. They should have called it the Eurasian FF and potentially included teams like Armenia, Turkey, Azerbaijan and maybe even Russia - with only Uzbekistan from the current grouping.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
          Yeah, the whole Central Asia name and grouping was not a smart idea from the beginning. They should have called it the Eurasian FF and potentially included teams like Armenia, Turkey, Azerbaijan and maybe even Russia - with only Uzbekistan from the current grouping.
          CAFF is definitely a smart idea, it's a backhand to all Arab teams who have disrespected us. Those teams that you mentioned are in UEFA, not AFC. & from the group, Uzbekistan is a formidable opponent.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

why not call it Eurasia instead of central Asia and invite the aforementioned teams alongside Russia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. That would be much better and make us (hopefully) drift away from the Arab football-sphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
              Those teams that you mentioned are in UEFA, not AFC. & from the group, Uzbekistan is a formidable opponent.
              Hence the name Eurasian. And I thought I already mentioned Uzbekistan as a good opponent! Is everyone hung over today?!

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
              CAFF is definitely a smart idea, it's a backhand to all Arab teams who have disrespected us.
              And we're going to get that respect back by playing Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Turkmenistan rather than playing the higher ranked teams I mentioned?!

Comment

I knew that Central Asian Football Federation would be established sooner or later. But I've found out about CAFF just today. Considering Iran's adverse attitude with all Arab nations, it's no wonder that initiation for establishment came from Iranian side, non-Central Asian country. I support joining of Turkey, Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan,it'll make the tournament stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by KhumoUzbek View Post
                  I knew that Central Asian Football Federation would be established sooner or later. But I've found out about CAFF just today. Considering Iran's adverse attitude with all Arab nations, it's no wonder that initiation for establishment came from Iranian side, non-Central Asian country. I support joining of Turkey, Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan,it'll make the tournament stronger.
                  Good luck to Uzbekistan at the Asian Cup. Your team has the potential to finish in the top 3.

Comment

I'd rather play these teams any day even though they are all weaker (except Uzbekistan of course) granted that:

- we know they won't cancel on us last minute and screw us over like UAE, Egypt, Iraq, and now Palestine have.

- there won't be as much hashieh and can actually be a "friendly" game.

- will be a better way for our boys to get away from the grass rolling and other non football relates bs we have to deal with when playing these countries
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      Since Iran created this federation in June, why IFF doesn't start hosting tournaments?

The CAFF members are: Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Turkmenistan.

I'd rather play these national teams than Arabs who always cancel matches to ruin our preparations. IFF should have been smart by hosting a tournament in Tehran with the mentioned teams participating as preparation for our Asian Cup, instead of traveling all the way to South Africa and playing some reserve club teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central...all_Federation

CAFF was my idea. Two years ago I made this suggestion in email sent to FFIRI and it only took them to go ahead with this idea after having been backstabbed by Arabs many times. South Asians also gave Afghanistan hard time in the SAFF Championship, many referees made calls in favour of teams who were Afghanistan's opponents.

This year in June I was so happy when I read about it on Afghanistan Football Federation's website. I also posted it as a feature news on Persianfootball.com's front page.

This federation was supposed to be finalised by October 2014, however nothing has been done. I guess they still haven't come to any agreement with regards to where the head quarters should be?

WAFF has head quarters in Amman(Jordan) so really for CAFF it won't necessarily mean that Tehran or Tashkent would have the head quarters. You never know the HQ could be Dushanbe or Bishkek.

Probably they are waiting for Asian Cup to be over and then they will finalise the HQ, Chart, Administration, Championships etc.

It would be awesome if they also have a competition for Club sides from these countries just like how those Arabs of the Persian Gulf have Gulf Clubs Championship.

Comment

Iran might not be a former-Soviet Central Asian republic but geographically Iran is both West Asia as well as Central Asia.

Central Asia is Transoxiana + Turkestan + Khurasan + Altay Mts. This means Iran, Mongolia and China all can claim to be Central Asia.

In Iran there are five provinces that are in Central Asia: Khorasan Razavi, North Khorasan, South Khorasan, Golestan, Semnan.
                        Golestan is where Sardar Azmoun is from which is home to Turkmen Sahra.

Afghanistan is considered to be both South Asia and Central Asia.

Comment

Iran might not be a former-Soviet Central Asian republic but geographically Iran is both West Asia as well as Central Asia.

Central Asia is Transoxiana + Turkestan + Khurasan + Altay Mts. This means Iran, Mongolia and China all can claim to be Central Asia.

In Iran there are five provinces that are in Central Asia: Khorasan Razavi, North Khorasan, South Khorasan, Golestan, Semnan.

Golestan province, where Sardar Azmoun is from which is home to Turkmen Sahra.

Afghanistan is considered to be both South Asia and Central Asia.

Comment

CAFF is part of the AFC, so forget about UEFA countries in there. At least permanently, but maybe they could frequently take part in tournaments.

Comment

Man nemifahman chera bazi Iraniha enghadr in Arabha ro doost daran? Instead of turning to Arab middle eastern countries for friendlies, we should invest in central Asia and restore our ties. The people closest to us in terms of culture, history and roots is this beautiful region,and the caucasus aswell. Eurasia football competition sounds like a great idea! Russia, Uzbekistan, Azerbajian and Armenia are strong football nations, and we can help the football in Turkmenistan, Afghanistan and Tajikistan by cooperating with their football federation. Shame we have IFF because they will never let this happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X