Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japan vs. Egypt - friendly

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pali
    replied
    Originally posted by Arashi_Washi View Post
    Eqypt is a World Class Team..I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

    4-1 who cares....

    Eqypt should play Iran..Now That would be a good friendly....
    Btw Did El-Ahly qualify for the World Club Championships?...Because I hope Sepahan makes it and the 2 of them play agasint Eachother....

    Zidan is a quality player....Just a little sidenote
    not yet they're in the final which will be played on the 26th and the 28th of october if im not mistaken.

    Leave a comment:


  • futbol>>>IRAN
    replied
    it pisses me off that we never play turkey or egypt!

    Leave a comment:


  • Arashi_Washi
    replied
    Eqypt is a World Class Team..I have no idea what you guys are talking about...

    4-1 who cares....

    Eqypt should play Iran..Now That would be a good friendly....
    Btw Did El-Ahly qualify for the World Club Championships?...Because I hope Sepahan makes it and the 2 of them play agasint Eachother....

    Zidan is a quality player....Just a little sidenote

    Leave a comment:


  • Pharaoh
    replied
    Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
    I like the egyption national team but pharoah you got to admit if last ANC was not in Egypt it would have gone to Core d' Ivoire because they are hands down the best team in Africa. I believe one of the main factors that Egypt was able to win that was because of home ground advantage where alot of the decisions on the pitch went their way.
    I'll say it again I think Egypt is one of the stronger teams in Africa but not the best , there are a few countries that come ahead of Egypt.(btw Egypt team is better than Iran at this particular moment in time!)
    That is just my honest, neutral opinion from observing African football.
    Was just stating facts bro, didn't say Egypt is number 1 in Africa. As for my personal opinions, I think you'd agree I'm pretty objective and say what I really think. I don't even know when the last time was I ranked Egypt as 1 in Africa. If you remember when I'd rank the African teams in this forum leading up to the World Cup (even after Egypt won the African Cup), Egypt was never number one. I think the highest I ranked them over the past few years was three. However, that does not diminish their African Cup victory. Sure, any team plays better at home. But that's the key... they played well. They didn't trail in any match for a single minute and had the lowest goals against and highest goals for ratios. It's not like they played bad or average and won. They played really well.

    The notion that Egypt is somehow alone or unique in that it plays its best at home and not playing as good away is thrown out the window by the fact that they're the last team to win the Nations Cup outside of their respective region (1998).

    Leave a comment:


  • Iscariot
    replied
    O.w.n.e.d.

    Leave a comment:


  • futbol>>>IRAN
    replied
    we Iranians have never been very good at things relating to 'team work' the reason we are so much better at futsal is because futsal is a more individualistic sport where you are much dependant on skill whereas in football you need imense team work.

    Thats why we are good individually and not as a group.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rostam
    replied
    Originally posted by futbol>>>IRAN View Post
    they play better as a team.

    Leave a comment:


  • futbol>>>IRAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Rostam View Post
    If Egypt was in the AFC, they would most likely qualify for the WC, but I don't think they would necessarily get any farther than Iran has gotten in the WCs. I think what Pharaoh said pretty much sums it up. Iran and Egypt are fairly similar when it comes to strength and ability.
    they play better as a team.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rostam
    replied
    If Egypt was in the AFC, they would most likely qualify for the WC, but I don't think they would necessarily get any farther than Iran has gotten in the WCs. I think what Pharaoh said pretty much sums it up. Iran and Egypt are fairly similar when it comes to strength and ability.

    Leave a comment:


  • futbol>>>IRAN
    replied
    I like the egyption national team but pharoah you got to admit if last ANC was not in Egypt it would have gone to Core d' Ivoire because they are hands down the best team in Africa. I believe one of the main factors that Egypt was able to win that was because of home ground advantage where alot of the decisions on the pitch went their way.

    I'll say it again I think Egypt is one of the stronger teams in Africa but not the best , there are a few countries that come ahead of Egypt.(btw Egypt team is better than Iran at this particular moment in time!)

    That is just my honest, neutral opinion from observing African football.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pharaoh
    replied
    Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
    Egypt are the current ANC holders only because they played it on home soil - just like Tunisia lifted the the trophy the previous edition 'cause it was played in Tunisia. Thats always the pattern with ANCs - look it up on Wikipedia. They struggle outside North Africa.
    Actually, Egypt won the Nations Cup in West Africa in 1998. This is the last time any African nation won the Nations Cup outside of their respective region .

    Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
    Egypt's U-20s made a nice run at the World Youth Championships in 2003, but their Olympic U-23 side hasn't qualified for a Summer Games since 1992.
    A great (bronze medal) run in 2001 (after you said any youth level achievements were made before the advent of color TV), followed up by a good run in 2003, including a 1-0 win over England. Argentina needed two extra times to knock Egypt out in the quarterfinal round.

    Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
    I'll give you that. In fact, I'd say Egypt would likely beat Iran 9 times out of 10 (to use my previous formula ) Egypt has a decent federation, and more talent than Iran has at this particular time.
    While this is quite flattering , I must admit I highly doubt Egypt would beat Iran 9 times out of 10. The difference between the two definitely isn't that stark.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vestvood Vizard
    replied
    Originally posted by roy View Post
    + mate!! they are African champions (what more do you need?).
    Egypt are the current ANC holders only because they played it on home soil - just like Tunisia lifted the the trophy the previous edition 'cause it was played in Tunisia. Thats always the pattern with ANCs - look it up on Wikipedia. They struggle outside North Africa.

    Egypt's U-20s made a nice run at the World Youth Championships in 2003, but their Olympic U-23 side hasn't qualified for a Summer Games since 1992.

    Just statin' the facts man, just the facts.


    Originally posted by roy View Post
    Well, they didnt make the world cup coz they dont play teams like guam, UAE, Bahrain, ect.. they play teams like Cameroon, ghana, etc... i'll leave the rest for you.
    I'll give you that. In fact, I'd say Egypt would likely beat Iran 9 times out of 10 (to use my previous formula ) Egypt has a decent federation, and more talent than Iran has at this particular time.

    Leave a comment:


  • roy
    replied
    Originally posted by Vestvood Vizard View Post
    Japan fielded their B team with a bunch of experimental players as well.

    But be honest....

    If Japan's A team plays Egypt's A team 100 times, Japan wins 99 of those.

    To fill you in, The Pharoah's haven't got a whiff of the World Cup since 1990 (!).
    Well, they didnt make the world cup coz they dont play teams like guam, UAE, Bahrain, ect.. they play teams like Cameroon, ghana, etc... i'll leave the rest for you.
    + mate!! they are African champions (what more do you need?).
    Japan aint shit, its just us (asian teams who are just crap).
    PS: Qatar U23 beat them yesterday in the Olympic qualifier 2-1.

    Leave a comment:


  • fashionista17
    replied
    Originally posted by GoIran View Post
    They didn't play Inamoto (Frankfurt), Matsui (Le Mans, French team), Nakata (FC Basel), Oguro (Torino), Alex (Salzburg) and Tulio (another naturalized Brazilian defender ).
    i'm basing it on their starting line ups from the asian cup (which is their full strength). only one out of those who usually start is tulio (injured). even he didn't go to the asian cup. the others you mentioned didn't even make the squad for the asian cup and haven't been chosen for awhile because they are either out of form or not getting enough playing time at their clubs. exceptions are inamoto and matsui who played against austria last month i believe only because the coach is still testing players.

    Leave a comment:


  • GoIran
    replied
    Originally posted by fashionista17 View Post
    japan only made 2 changes to their usual starting line up because there was no takahara and nakamura.
    They didn't play Inamoto (Frankfurt), Matsui (Le Mans, French team), Nakata (FC Basel), Oguro (Torino), Alex (Salzburg) and Tulio (another naturalized Brazilian defender ).

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X