Pride and positivity for this fantastic Team Melli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pride and positivity for this fantastic Team Melli

Guys, some of you watching on TV might recognise me as the fan with face paint and green tears at the end of the match.

I just wanted to say that despite the pain of being in this tough group and a whisker away from a historic second round and a very possible path for further progression, I'm really proud of this patient, proud and disciplined Team Melli and the spirit they have shown.

They have faced unique challenges on the way to the world cup, from players not even being able to wear their preferred boots due to sanctions, to friendlies cancelled at the last minute, internal problems due to our political status in the world...

Yet the boys, the coaching team and the fans were unified and embraced this Team Melli throughout all obstacles. You delivered with passion and pride that can only be the envy of the world. Rest assured, all TM fans, that there are hundreds of thousands of young children in Iran and around the world watching this wide-eyed with wonder. Our future is bright indeed.

Thank you to Russia for hosting us. Thanks to humanity, decency, friendship and football.
Working...
X