BBC "The Great Game: Iran versus USA" - Anyone watching this now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBC "The Great Game: Iran versus USA" - Anyone watching this now

It's on right now on BBC World a one hour special, really fantastic watch with viewpoints from both Iranian and USA sides. Going through build up, Azizi penalty incident, rajavi protest incident etc... so far with viewpoints from various relevant personalities of the match

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n3ct5775

Still playing now so video isn't up, hopefully they will put it as a downloadable or streamable video when it is finished.

One of the most in-depth things i've ever seen showcasing an Iranian football event.

Their showing it on BBC 2 in England on Thursday at 11.15 pm and will be available to stream after that.

Comment

I caught parts of it as we had ppl over.
      I really liked whatever segments I could catch.
      Looking forward to see the entire episode.

Didn't know MKO had all those plans though.

Kia going over his goal gave me goosebumps. I remember that game I was watching live. And remember I was jumping up and down like a freaking idiot little child, hardly able to keep quiet though as my GF was sleeping. Couldn't contain myself. Rushed to her. Woke her up eventually!

That was one craaaaazy game with all the US pressure.

Can't wait to see the whole episode

Comment

Anyone in the UK - it's on at 23:15 tonight on BBC 2 apparently. I saw it on the world service a few days ago and it was fantastic. Tell your football loving friends to watch, youd be hard-pressed not to cry at the end.

Comment

Seems like I was ignored I can't wait to watch it.

Comment

Any links or place to see this?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

[QUOTE=O-ZoNe;2566433]Any links or place to see this?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk[/QUOT]

Get VPN and go on BBC’ iplayer.

Comment

Just finished watching it. Thanks for the heads up. Really great documentary and there seemed to be a lot of suff that happened behind the scene. Some parts made me quite emotional.
                Last edited by Mr Pouya; 06-21-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Very good documentary. Every Iranian should watch this.

I respect Urs Meier for admitting that he made a mistake with Keller's foul on Azizi, he now agrees it should have been a penalty and a red card for Keller.
                  Although interesting point from Talebi that this might have changed the dynamics of the game completely.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up indeed! A great documentary. It took me back to those times and the sheer feeling of ecstasy after that match.
                    For me this will always be the greatest match Iran have ever played even if they beat Brazil in the WC final, this will be the one I always remember.

Comment

That was a FANTASTIC program and great to see Mehrdad (Masoudi) in there - boy did I get some alignment of the stars signs from that show!!!

I haven't been able to access it with a VPN all morning to watch it again and it would actually be VERY nice to have a permanent copy of this that we can watch outside BBC iPlayer.

Any chance one of our UK members would be kind enough to do a nice video capture of it and save it into a more standard video format so that we can all download it from somewhere?

Would be VERY much appreciated and if it's too much trouble I'm willing to donate a little bit of money and if we pool it with other members maybe it will be worth the hassle?!

It really is a MUST see for every TM fan.

Comment

Was a very good watch , interesting to find out everything that was going on behind the scenes. Definitely doesn't feel like 20 years since that game, time has gone too quick.

Comment

Nothing on this guys? I'm dying not only to watch that again but have a copy of it for good... can someone in the UK please make a copy.

Comment

https://rapidgator.net/file/dba1b128...4-TVC.mp4.html

Comment

Damet garm Doctor joon, you are a scholar and a gentleman and I only hope I can repay this by making some ashe reshte at your wedding!

... on second thought, that may empty out the hall a little too early with food poisoning, so if you want to come for a visit to the east coast of Spain instead, just let me know and that's no tarof.
                              Last edited by Bi-honar; 07-01-2018, 02:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X