What can we learn from S Korea game?
I think the very first thing for us is to learn from our opponents.
Daei bunching almost 7-8 players close to each other and crowding our half made penetration for koreans from the middle difficult. So they did what comes as second nature to them: use the flanks well ( lesson 1 ) and kept on stretching ashjari and kaabi to the sides creating holes between our side defenders and our CB's.
They also used their crossing very well and created quite a few dangerous moments wherein some of them were defelcted by rahmati and some others were missed by their own strikers ( lesson 2 ).
Having seen penetration difficult in that crowd, they did the natural thing: started taking shots from all angles and long rangers ( lesson 3 ). the above 3 factors resulted in the GUEST team creating far more dangerous moments in azadi than the HOSTS, who barely had a couple !!
Korea scored their goal on ANTICIPATING a rebound. and their strikers surged forward after the shot, while aside 1, no other Iranian defender retreated and even expected a rebound! ( Lesson 4 )
On OUR set peices also our strikers hardly surge this way and we rarely make use of rebounds quickly and on time.
SKorea simply paced themselves and it was obvious they have plans for every quarter of the game(Lesson 5). they didnt rush into anything rash or emotional. even when they conceded, they didnt resort to emotional play and stuck to their tactics, and much like those seen in saudi, they kicked it up a notch in the last quarter and were repaid for their efforts and organization.
We also saw how our captain, who shd be there at each & every incident and talk to the ref ( and perhaps try to influence him ... or at least defend our rights ), was basically inconsequential. whether it is his shyness or lack of language, I'm not bothered. we NEED a VOCAL captain who speaks and engages the ref and doesnt shy away from it ( Lesson 6 ). Kia and Nekounam are perfect for the role. But since daei has his rafigh-baazi with bagheri and karim starts games, HE gets the armband and we lose in this dept. !!!
Now, are these lessons impossible to emulate?
heck, no.
It's very easy to follow them and learn from them. not only to prepare ourselves for the return leg, but also for us to implement them at TM as well.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Iran-S.Korea:The game analysis
Collapse
X
-
- I didn’t watch the first half ( coz I was told it was pure garbage ), but from what I saw in the second, I noticed TM was missing what karimi was doing for PP; constantly feeding through balls to players in front of him and properly distributing balls to either side. This is what we hardly see at TM, which is one of the main reasons our team looks ill-planned and ali asghari. Also may be the reason our forwards have hardly scored any goals in recent times.
- Another thing that’s missing at TM is central mids shooting. Jabbari scored off a first time ball , from long range ( khallaagh & shoot-zan). That makes us miss him at TM even more. Especially when we’re supposed to tolerate a 37 yr old who hardly performs well at TM !
- For those who watched the whole game, how was Montazeri in markings, coverings & speed in defending?
- Alireza Mohamad and Heidari showed they ought to be contenders for the RB post at TM. At least neither kaabi nor G-nejad shd feel safe and secure ( hah! In my dreams only ) and guaranteed about their TM positions. ….. if this was an ideal world with no personal agendas and bias/favoritism in TM selection.
- and finally, I must express my utter revulsion and disgust for the amount of crap and bullsh*t this ferdosipoor spews in football games! Immature, foolish comments with half of them following directions that try to influence the viewer’s opinion!
Why cant he learn to merely REPORT the game and avoid “commenting” on all & sundry ? The numbskull !
Leave a comment:
-
God Bless you Haji jaan.....Originally posted by Hajagha View PostThey didn't have any strategy, they played whenever we let them play. I encourage you to watch the game between minute 60 to 80, if they had any strategy, they should have implemented since they were behind. They got lucky for one foul outside of the box and they were luckier our D slept for 2 sec's.
That's it.
I think they did have a strategy, but a wrong one.....After 30 minutes of the game, they realized,thier initial strategy , had over estimated TM ,and had to finish the game with a make shift new strategy........That was why, Thier coach, whom had previously been content with a tie, ended his post game interview by regreting he did not get the three points......
Leave a comment:
-
All my fellow F+ comrads are intelegent people....and can easyly read in to lines, and find on thier own what some one is saying between the lines.....
I have two statements from both coaches..which I write " code on code ", and like my fellow members,to tell me what they think they realy meant !!!!!
.................................................. .................................................. .
The Korean coach,( Whom normaly contrary to Daei is very reserved and conservative in his comments ) ;said :
" I am very disappointed we did not get the three points !!! "
.....................................
And our coach Ali Daei,( whom is ,shall we say,not conservative ) ,;Said :
" I appreciate all the fans who came and cheered for us, and I hope They would come and do the same ,on our next match " !!!
.........................................
Leave a comment:
-
I think you meanGennaro Gattuso, Reza jan.Originally posted by Hajagha View PostMajid jan, you can't get into the water and not getting wet. This guy is a fighter and I agree with you he is and will be the main suspect to be red-carded in any minute.
From my own expereince, the few minutes of the game, oponents usualy show each other "who's dady".
...and Kaebi is the one rulling any oponent. I think any team needs a "hit-man", like Gusso in Italy. 
Remember, in UAE game? When Esmaeil Matar had a bad tackle on one of our player, it was Kaebi who came and told him "kh'aret Ga--eidas kid".
There is a distinct and fundamental difference between Kaebi an the likes of Gatusso or Gentile. These classical Italian defenders , mark and suffocate their opponets to a degree of using rough tehniques without hardly being spoken to by the referee or getting a yellow card.
Our man Kaebi , has a yellow cards falling out of his ears , and does stupid things like trying a Kung Fu on his oppnents , obvious tackles from behind that a one eyed referee cannot miss and worst of all , many of the fouls that he gets a yellow card for are needless and not crucial.
I am afraid the difference between the Gatusso's / Gentile's of this world and players like Kaebi , is like the difference between North Pole and the equator....there is simply no compariosn whatsoever......
Trust me if we had players in the calss of Gatusso...... we would have been in a much better shape.
Leave a comment:
-
Having said all that about OUR team, I must add a note about the ref also.
It is my belief that the ref wasnt very impartial or fair.
IF the foul on kazemi ( penalty ) was dismissed so easily , which perhaps slightly more than half the refs ( about 55% ) would have called it, then bagheri's foul ( korea's goal ) shd have also been dismissed.
Bagheri's was a very soft foul and I've seen many refs wave it.
I'm not thrilled about his judgments in the game.
Leave a comment:
-
They didn't have any strategy, they played whenever we let them play. I encourage you to watch the game between minute 60 to 80, if they had any strategy, they should have implemented since they were behind. They got lucky for one foul outside of the box and they were luckier our D slept for 2 sec's.Originally posted by The-Red View Post[/U] I thought, but the other TEAM seemed to have a strategy for every 15-20 min of the game...don't know,,,maybe I just think that grass is greener on the otherside...
That's it.
Leave a comment:
-
...and the way we handled them between minute 60 to 80, you could predict, if this game goes for hours they can not score. I watched the game twice, they couldn't enter to our 18 yard box eventhough they had all the possision... They were flat after the goal, we had the opportuinty to kill the game by introducing faster forwards.Originally posted by BehzadB View Post...considering the fact that this Korean team is one of their best in recent memory.. and that they finally beat KSA in KSA and they had their sight on doing the same in Iran...
Well, we didn't and I undrestand why, we played concervative and it didn't pay off.
Leave a comment:
-
Good point. kazemi was doing so good in EsEs though. He was invited and played a bit in TM, but crossed off recently. Anyway, I think he and Nekonam can be the center mid even in 4-4-2.Originally posted by KasraKhan View PostI think it was Rottemoller who wanted Kazemi's inclusion in the team, and it paid off.
I was very skeptical about both Kazemi and Khalatbari starting in this important game, but they were the 2 best Iranian players on the pitch. Go figure. I was wrong and I credit Rottemoller.
Think about it, all of the matches Daei was head coach of TM, he did not even use Kazemi or call him up one time to TM. Daei's choice for defensive midfield was K.Rahmati or M. Zareh. Now out of no where, he comes and starts Kazemi while Kazemi has played ZERO friendlies for TM. I am sure it was all Rotte's idea.
Leave a comment:
-
I think it was Rottemoller who wanted Kazemi's inclusion in the team, and it paid off.
I was very skeptical about both Kazemi and Khalatbari starting in this important game, but they were the 2 best Iranian players on the pitch. Go figure. I was wrong and I credit Rottemoller.
Think about it, all of the matches Daei was head coach of TM, he did not even use Kazemi or call him up one time to TM. Daei's choice for defensive midfield was K.Rahmati or M. Zareh. Now out of no where, he comes and starts Kazemi while Kazemi has played ZERO friendlies for TM. I am sure it was all Rotte's idea.
Leave a comment:
-
Great points already mentioned, and not much needs to be said really, but just to put my two cents which might not even be worth that much, sorry to say but I saw 11 individual players on the field playing against a TEAM in red, if that wasn't the case, I really need to see more games and improve my knowledge on the game, although I must add, the players who were wearing white today played their asses off and played harder, I thought, but the other TEAM seemed to have a strategy for every 15-20 min of the game...don't know,,,maybe I just think that grass is greener on the otherside, which if is the case, it either is much greener, or I am blind.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View PostGoing by the above, one would be forgiven to ask whatever did you mean by :
Originally Posted by BehzadB View Post
... I think TM played a decent game today. They did better than I thought they would. ...
well, a team can perform decent against another team, even though they are bad at crossing the ball for example, or other things.. decent game don't mean they played great or perfect..
I am not sure what you mean there with that question (" enumerating..... performance ????? ")Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Postdid you expect us to fall dead and concede 8 goals that enumerating only A FEW ( of many ) problems at TM made you say you were positive about the team's performance ?????
I admit TM has been playing badly these recent times, but ...
but no I didn't expect us to fall dead and concede 8 goals, but looking back at the way he had played against UAE and KSA and North korea, and considering the fact that this Korean team is one of their best in recent memory.. and that they finally beat KSA in KSA and they had their sight on doing the same in Iran.. I thought we'll lose the game 2-0 or 3-1..
but regardless of what the final score could have been or should have been, when I look at the game, I see that with a exception of a couple of plays, Koreans didn't have any chances in our box, and If memory serves me well, defense was one huge area of concern up until yesterday..
We can't just expect the other team's players to be weaker than our players..Last edited by BehzadB; 02-11-2009, 09:31 PM.
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by BehzadB View Post1
like most Iranians, a bit Lajbaz (i.e, in Bagheri's case).
Daie's Subs were Poor, and I am putting it mildly
2
as long as hashemian is touching the ball outside the box, we are under utilizing him.. he is a classic center forward and
3
he was licking his chops all game long for a few good cross balls, but none gone to him (very few crosses made it to the box today, horrible job by Shojaie)..
4
I think Vh did very well considering all he got was long passes from Jalal Hosseini or Khalatbari to the corner of the field..
Going by the above, one would be forgiven to ask whatever did you mean by :
did you expect us to fall dead and concede 8 goals that enumerating only A FEW ( of many ) problems at TM made you say you were positive about the team's performance ?????Originally posted by BehzadB View Post... I think TM played a decent game today. They did better than I thought they would. ...
I admit TM has been playing badly these recent times, but ...
Leave a comment:
Users Viewing This Topic
Collapse
There are 0 users viewing this topic.
footer ad
Collapse
Leave a comment: