Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What next for the UAE game?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • zzgloo
    replied
    Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
    Some times I love to go back to what I posted and check how valid/invalid they
    were.
    I just could not get myself to vote for a draw in the prediction league or I would be
    sitting on top with 26 points.
    I agree with you more and more every day, with this coach...as as you suggest, we will be better off, forgetting if not all, at least most legioners !!
    Legioners can only be good, if there will be a coaching plan for the game at hand....so the legioners experince will make them implement the plan better.....but, when there is no plan, and the out come of the game will depend on players " ghayrat ", and player's " self imput ", then non-legioners would want to show themseleves, and have better motivations, while the legioners, are too rich, and too bussy, and too old to motivate themseleves !!...and it is hard for them to take " Daei " seriousely..!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • gol_kuchik
    replied
    Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post
    Bahram Jan, Rahman adds nothing to our already weak defense. TM needs
    to have 2 things in mind, when selecting any player for any position:

    1-How will this player help TM immediately (for the next game).
    2-How will this player help in the long run (Say if we qualify).

    Let's see how Rahman can help these goals, or can he?

    Rahman has not been playing with any team for a while.
    Our problem in defense has a lot to do with players being out of sync
    and not doing an effective team defense. Can a rusty player help?

    So the answer to the short term goal is a no. Even for Karimi it took
    at least 3-4 games to get back into it.

    In the long term, looking at 2010 WC, do we want Rezai who has consistently
    choked under pressure? Remember the slapping in Asia cup 2002? The huge
    mistakes both at WC and in Asian cup 2007?

    Simply put, why isn't he even with a team, this long into season?

    As for UAE, if I were Ali Daei, I would try to use the same group that beat
    them in UAE and try to minimize the usage of legionaries.

    Every game the youngsters get under their belt would be huge for 2010, and
    even later where we have 3 games in 3 weeks with high chance of injury or
    yellow card mounting for starters.

    From this view, I would not even want Bagheri in long run. He could help
    in this game possibly, but realistically anyone thinks a 42 years old can
    make impact in WC? Also, in what respect is this UAE team any better than the
    last 2 we beat to qualify? Heck if it weren't for us beating Syria by 2 goals
    UAE would not even be here.

    Daei must trust the same young people who brought him this far at least
    for UAE game.

    Luckily for us, even a draw will not hurt us on Wed. All we have to do is to
    pull a Bonacic on UAE (at lest for the first 70). Try to control the middle
    and back with 8-9 players and let someone like Borhani/Rezai run loose up front.

    We'll score 3-4 against them with a grinding/pressing first 70 and then
    all out attack the last 30.

    But we really don't need old timers in this game nor even legionaries who just
    played today and may not be 100% by Wed. I hope if Daei decides to use
    them, he use them as subs and not for the entire 90 minutes.
    Some times I love to go back to what I posted and check how valid/invalid they
    were.

    I just could not get myself to vote for a draw in the prediction league or I would be
    sitting on top with 26 points.

    Leave a comment:


  • yashar_fasihnia
    replied
    hehehehe...u still remember??
    yea, i have been back since june.
    i will definitely give u a call tommorow and if possible, go for kebab!

    Leave a comment:


  • maij
    replied
    Yashar jan... I didn't realize you are back in Dubai.

    I will be in the stadium myself. I have a Press Pass so I don't need to wear a "thobe" to get in.

    I PM'd you my mobile. At last I might get that a chance to have that special Chelo Kebab that you have promised me a long time ago

    Leave a comment:


  • yashar_fasihnia
    replied
    Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
    I wish you best of fun, with your father !...............
    How ever, I am amazed you had never seen " PEHEN " before... ..................
    In gerogia,where I live.....there has been a local contest, for hundred years, which they call " Gerogia Cow chip throw ", which is a contest,like throwing discs in the olympics...but useing " Dung as you said " instead of discs !!
    thanx, inshalla be omide pirooziye team melli!!

    P.S. some of our players have 1 yellow card, like nekounam, we should be very careful tommorow cos we cant afford missing our players in our next game against south korea!!

    Leave a comment:


  • zzgloo
    replied
    Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    i also remember there was horse dung (some of the police ride on horses around the stadium) all around the stadium and it was the first time i had seen dump in such heavy kilos all lying on the ground..hehe...
    I wish you best of fun, with your father !...............
    How ever, I am amazed you had never seen " PEHEN " before... ..................
    In gerogia,where I live.....there has been a local contest, for hundred years, which they call " Gerogia Cow chip throw ", which is a contest,like throwing discs in the olympics...but useing " Dung as you said " instead of discs !!

    Leave a comment:


  • yashar_fasihnia
    replied
    Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
    Good for you !!,..........I heard the tickets are 120 Derham,like $40.00.........I also heard , Iranian fans are going to wear " Arab clothings "..is that true ?..............
    I also think, Bagheri may be more ready than our legioner midfield players.
    Yet, TM still lacks some one who can score as forward !
    well bahram jan,

    1)there were rumours that iranians were gonna wear arab clothes because apparently, there are limited seats for iranians an in this way, more iranians can get into the stadium.

    2)as far as i know, tickets are Dhs. 25 only (around $6 US), atleast, thats the price im getting and i heard are being sold, plus a few free ones

    3)someone who is quite close to all this also told me that apparently, the Dubai Sheikh, Sheikh Mohammad has said the game should be free for both iranians and emaratis to attend, but as usual, the iranians are actually selling the tickets to make some money out of it.

    all these are rumours and im not sure about any of them, however, i have found out the hotel they are staying in and tonight they had training between 7 and 8:30pm in al nasr stadium. they are staying in the movenpick hotel near al nasr stadium, but i was too tired to go to their training, i was dirivng around the whole day, going to uni, police, etc to complete all my documentations for my new job.

    but yea, now that i got a call and our tickets are confirmed, i sure will be in the stadium tomm. im excited cos my dad is also ready to come to the stadium. its been a long time since my dad and me, just the 2 of us alone as far and son went out and spent some time together!
    its a pity i dont have any TM jerseys, i only have esteghlals and its not appropriate to wear esteghlals and go there for a TM game, so im gonna be there in normal clothes, but yea, let me see, if possible, i will try to take photos and conduct interviews (a bit too late for this though i think).
    wats surprising and interesting is that UAE has actually transferred this game from Abu Dhabi (the capital where usually allUAE games are played and there arent many iranians) to Dubai where there are many iranians, that too, in a game AGAINST IRAN itself and UAE desperately needs all 3 points

    last time i went to al nasr stadium, was for the iran iraq game in asian cup 1996, iran lost 2-1. i was 12 back then, and i remember seeing elder people cry and heartbroken, inlcuding women and it was all stange to me that time that people are shedding tears for a simple loss in a football game...
    most of the stadium was filled with iranians, only 1 corner was filled with iraqi's and lots of iranians and iraqis were exchanging "fingers"
    we were sitting among the iranian fans, and around us were mostly young adults, and after iran was trailing to iraq 2-0, most of the iranian fans kept quiet and only a few who were still trying to cheer for the team kept chanting "iran chikaresh mikone? soorakh soorakhesh mikone" and then some of those bifarhang young adults around us shouted back, "age marde pas chera nemikone?"
    i also remember there was horse dung (some of the police ride on horses around the stadium) all around the stadium and it was the first time i had seen dump in such heavy kilos all lying on the ground..hehe...

    but i wonder if we kick UAE's @$$ tommorow which hopefully we will, wat will happen outside the stadiums when all those arab fans come face to face with a 1000 iranian fans

    Leave a comment:


  • zzgloo
    replied
    Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    im predicting a 2-1 win for iran and u guys might see me at the stadium
    Good for you !!,..........I heard the tickets are 120 Derham,like $40.00.........I also heard , Iranian fans are going to wear " Arab clothings "..is that true ?..............
    I also think, Bagheri may be more ready than our legioner midfield players.
    Yet, TM still lacks some one who can score as forward !

    Leave a comment:


  • Ali Chicago
    replied
    I haven't been around much and won't be able to watch the game live tomorrow. Despite all the disagreements and concerns, I wish the TM and Mr. Daie as the head coach of the TM best of luck and I hope we come back with 3 or at least one point back from UAE.

    Zendeh baad Iran, payandeh baad Mellat Iran.

    Ba arezzoye behtareen movafahgheeyatha baraye Team Melli and Mr. Daie.

    Leave a comment:


  • yashar_fasihnia
    replied
    i heard UAE has 2 players suspended due to disciplinary actions or something.
    one of them is their veteran, subait khater, their central midfielder who takes very good freekicks but is quite old and runs out of steam fast...

    lets see wat happens...

    if bagheri continues to play like he did against qatar, i hope daei subs him out in the second half and brings in madanchi in the second half and moves shojaei behind the strikers where he is more effective.

    im predicting a 2-1 win for iran and u guys might see me at the stadium

    Leave a comment:


  • IranJavidan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    I'm afraid you may be right and we end up seeing shojaei on the left !!

    but imo that is a bad decision.
    lets look at things practically here. playing "names" is one thing, but the "player" shd be able to do all that's required of that post.
    shojaei cannot do all that's required from flank positions.
    he is good for the middle of the park. not on the sides.
    yes, the guy can dribble. but when dribbling cuts into the team movement, it stops becoming an asset.
    yes, he plays on the flanks of osasuna ... but since when is osasuna our model for TM?

    - the guy is not as fast as madanchi or hajsafi
    - the guy cannot cross with his left, which means for him to cross, he has to stop the ball, shift it to his right , turn his body/torso, and then cross
    - and even if he manages to cross, his crosses are not as good as madanchi's or hajsafi's
    - he isnt good in defending at all. if madanchi's defending is average, shojaei's is BELOW average !

    I'd love to see if daei will go to a more famous E.N.T. surgeon for an eye problem ( just becoz his ophthalmologist isnt as famous as his E.N.T ) !!!
    will he ?
    will any of you?

    why do we make life difficult for ourselves by basing decisions on "names" rather than the form or nature of the player ?
    I think it's a cultural thing Dr jan. Add to that the media, and all the unnecessary pressure the TM staff will go through if FOR EXAMPLE we get a draw or even lose.. Then everyone would be like: yea, karim is not young enough for TM, ali karimi was not there, jabbari was injured, so daei HAD TO play shojaei in order to score goals lol.
    How many times have we come up with a lineup of players that we think deserve to be played, but immediately make another one indicating who will actually play?

    At least with Daei, there's no ego bigger than the man himself on the bench. So if the circumstances require subbing out a big name for the benefit of the team, you can certainly count on him to do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Doctor DOOM
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    I agree, just that I think Shojaei will start on the left wing. No way he'll be benched for Madanchi, who will surely make the 18-men-list though.
    I'm afraid you may be right and we end up seeing shojaei on the left !!

    but imo that is a bad decision.
    lets look at things practically here. playing "names" is one thing, but the "player" shd be able to do all that's required of that post.
    shojaei cannot do all that's required from flank positions.
    he is good for the middle of the park. not on the sides.
    yes, the guy can dribble. but when dribbling cuts into the team movement, it stops becoming an asset.
    yes, he plays on the flanks of osasuna ... but since when is osasuna our model for TM?

    - the guy is not as fast as madanchi or hajsafi
    - the guy cannot cross with his left, which means for him to cross, he has to stop the ball ( which kills off the momentum of an attack ), shift it to his right , turn his body/torso, and then cross
    - and even if he manages to cross, his crosses are not as good as madanchi's or hajsafi's
    - he isnt good in defending at all. if madanchi's defending is average, shojaei's is BELOW average !

    I'd love to see if daei will go to a more famous E.N.T. surgeon for an eye problem ( just becoz his ophthalmologist isnt as famous as his E.N.T ) !!!
    will he ?
    will any of you?

    why do we make life difficult for ourselves by basing decisions on "names" rather than the form or nature of the player ?

    Leave a comment:


  • Martin-Reza
    replied
    Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    we will see bagheri start in front of nekounam with most probably kia on the right and madanchi on the left.
    I agree, just that I think Shojaei will start on the left wing. No way he'll be benched for Madanchi, who will surely make the 18-men-list though.

    As said Bagheri wouldn't have been invited if he's not planned for the starting lineup and also he is defensively more capeable than any other option (apart from the pure DMs M. Zare and K. Rahmati).

    I think we'll see

    ------------------Rahmati------------------
    Kaebi------Hosseini------Ghorbani-----S.Zare
    -------------Nekounam---------------------
    Mahdavikia----------Bagheri----------Shojaei
    -----------------------Rezaei---------------
    -------------Hashemian---------------------

    with Talebloo, Gholamnejad, Montazeri/Alenemeh, M.Zare, Madanchi, Khatibi and either Khalatbari or Nouri making the bench.
    Last edited by Martin-Reza; 11-17-2008, 08:43 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Doctor DOOM
    replied
    I agree with hamid's logic of player selection fully.
    I also agree with his view on rahman.
    but I dont agree with a draw being enough for us.

    yes, a draw is better than a defeat. but the same draw ( instead of a win ) could come back and haunt us later.
    remember all our opponents have gotten 3 points at uae ( SOUTH korea WILL get it anyway ).
    so if we draw, we must look at it as 2 points dropped.

    now, things may work out in our favor with some draws between our opponents. but that is relying too much on "ghaza O ghadar".

    BECAUSE our opponents have got 3 points at UAE, to even "keep up" with our rivals, we MUST get these 3 points too.

    Leave a comment:


  • zzgloo
    replied
    Originally posted by gol_kuchik View Post

    1-How will this player help TM immediately (for the next game).
    2-How will this player help in the long run (Say if we qualify).

    So the answer to the short term goal is a no.

    From this view, I would not even want Bagheri in long run.
    I hope if Daei decides to use them, he use them as subs and not for the entire 90 minutes.

    Daei himself my not be good for the long run !, where is he going to learn more coaching from, when he has to teach himself !?
    The reason, Rahman, has not had job so far, is because he believes he still belongs to European league, but apparantly his age is major negative !
    While you make eccelent point of , building the future, yet, if Daei's Phylosophy,is " Shayesteh salari ", and not " Age or Name ", which Bagheri was invited ,with such phylosophy,even though we already have so many at his possition,unlike Rahman's ................why, cann'y we, with such shortage of talents in his possision,get him for "Sub " ? as you also mentioned !!...........has he been given a chance !?, or he is not given a chance because of his age, or because of Daei excersizing his power on TM ?..................Is he given a chance bagheri was given ?.............Rahman, has not played lately, but he had been playing up to the time of his first call to TM,in which he was late to show up, and his playing in the European team was satisfactory up to then for Daei.
    We need to look for future, but right now, we are short, and we can not afford to lose !

    Leave a comment:

Users Viewing This Topic

Collapse

There are 0 users viewing this topic.

Working...
X