Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sara Doorsoun - VfL Wolfsburg (Women Football Team)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sara Doorsoun - VfL Wolfsburg (Women Football Team)

Sara Doorsoun has an Iranian father and a Turkish mother. She was born in Germany. She plays for the current German champions and is also a German national player.

here is an article about her:https://www.kicker.de/doorsoun-fans-...797612/artikel

Translation:

Wolfsburg's national player still sees a lot of potential in girls with a migration background

Doorsoun: Fans in Iran and Turkey

Girls with a migration background play football in Germany much less often than boys. DFB selector Sara Doorsoun knows about the difficulties - even though her Iranian father and Turkish mother have always supported her.
    Sara Doorsoun has fans not only in Germany.

Sara Doorsoun has worn the German jersey for 34 international matches - but the VfL Wolfsburg international also has fans in countries where women's football is often still frowned upon. Her father comes from Iran, her mother and sister live in Turkey. The 29-year-old still sees potential for her sport among girls with a migration background in this country. "I think a lot of communication is needed, especially with the parents, if it is not so recognised in their home country," Doorsoun told the Deutsche Presse-Agentur.
    The defender first started getting lots of messages from Iran and Turkey on Instagram at the 2019 World Cup. "They say they think it's great when women can play football and are excited about it," Doorsoun said. "But of course I also know that in Iran they are still very far away from how we have it in Germany." In the majority Shiite Islamic country, it was until recently even forbidden for women to enter the stadium for men's games.

The girls playing there not only have to wear headscarves, but also loose, long-sleeved T-shirts and tracksuit bottoms. And they are sometimes admonished for cheering "too western". Born in Cologne, Doorsoun has never been to the country of her father, who once came to Germany to study. "Unfortunately, I don't speak the language, but my dad always tells me: You were there again on Persian television, and someone wrote something there. My aunt and uncle then translate everything and are also totally proud," she said.
    Basically, I think it should never be an issue whether girls are allowed to play football or not.

Turkey is "a family place" for Doorsoun, she has spent her holidays there many times. "A friend of mine plays for Besiktas. I know that women's football in Turkey has just stopped because of Corona." Of the three big Istanbul clubs, at least Besiktas and Galatasaray have a women's team. The association is trying to introduce schoolgirls between the ages of six and twelve to the sport through a support project.
    Of course I'm happy when I hear: "It's great that you can play football! And then I get requests from girls asking me to come to their homes and talk to their parents," said Doorsoun. "I would love to help all the girls, of course, but basically I don't think it should ever be an issue whether girls are allowed to play football or not." It wasn't one at her home either: her parents once enrolled her in the club and drove her to training.
    Doorsoun is back in the DFB squad after suffering a knee injury in Wolfsburg's Champions League final against Olympique Lyon (1-3) at the end of August. National coach Martina Voss-Tecklenburg's team will face Belgium in Aachen on Sunday (6pm, Eurosport) and the Netherlands in Venlo on 24 February (6.30pm, Eurosport).

Doorsoun doesn't want to make "a big deal" out of her family background
    The defender doesn't necessarily see herself as a role model or a trailblazer despite her family background, but she said, "The older I get and the more I'm approached about it, the more I deal with it." Doorsoun doesn't want to make "a big deal" out of it. "I think it's something beautiful that I have Persian-Turkish roots, but for me it was never a big issue."

There are only a few players with a migration background in the DFB selection like Doorsoun, Nicole Anyomi (SGS Essen) or Dzsenifer Marozsan (Olympique Lyon). Why has this long been different in the German men's team? "Difficult, I can't answer that question like that," said Doorsoun.

Comment

For her, being a Persian is not or as she said: was never a big issue.
      So why refer to her as an Iranian?
      I fault her father not instilling Persian values of caring for people especially to Iran's contributions and heritage to the world.
      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

She just scored the winning PK against Bordeaux in the UEFA Women's Champions League:

https://streamja.com/302kQ

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...y_shootout_03/

Afarin be in shirzan!

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Damesh garm! Seems to be a very good player.

Comment

She should have played for Iran.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Doorsoun and Zamanian are in the same UEFA Women's Champions League group, they will face each other on November 9 & November 18

https://www.reddit.com/r/WomensSocce...2_group_stage/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
              X