No announcement yet.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Brighton & Hove Albion | 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if I want him to start against City and possibly test a dodgy Fabian Delph at LB or stay on the bench and have nothing to do with the 11% possession Brighton muster.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
      We don't know if CH is going to immediately start Izquierdo as soon as he's fit. Judging by the little I know of CH, I doubt he will.

Granted, Izquierdo was one of their better players last year. But so was Bruno. And Bruno was their heart and soul, the captain. Bruno hasn't started since his injury and Montoya's good performances. Same with Gross, he got benched vs Liverpool when he was fit (before his injury) and he was their player of the year last year.

I think there's a chance that JB can start ahead of March in the next few games, and given CH's reluctance to shake-up the starting 11, it'll be JB and Knocky on the wings for the foreseeable future until one loses their spot. Or as Perseus said, given BHA's injuries in the middle of the park (Stephens and Gross), it's possible that CH will use one of the wingers in the middle.

Long story short, great performances last year doesn't mean CH will hand you a starting spot this year (e.g., Gross and Bruno). This is a different team, with many new signings that were brought here to make an impact (Bissouma, JB, Andone, Bernardo).
      CH will not play Izquierdo in the middle (not suited) and although Knockaert may be able to do it, it is out of his comfort zone and it did not work the last time it was tried. So it is Alireza Jahanbakhsh or one of the dedicated central midfield players.

Brighton have only got a 24 man EPL squad and are a central midfielder missing (two per position policy).

Central midfielders: Stephens, Groß, Pröpper, Bissouma, Kayal.

So the question is whether Alireza Jahanbakhsh can play the role in the 4-4-1-1 behind the target man striker Murray/Andone which is the role of attacking midfielder (Bissouma, Kayal) with a little bit of the second striker role (Locadia) included?

NB: elementary analysis of CH choices, not mine.

Against Man City with their very high possession statistics, the player who can retain possession from the Albion would relieve some of the pressure. (PS if we could retain possession like Spurs did it, it would be a great defensive tactic.)

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
        CH will not play Izquierdo in the middle (not suited) and although Knockaert may be able to do it, it is out of his comfort zone and it did not work the last time it was tried. So it is Alireza Jahanbakhsh or one of the dedicated central midfield players.
        Brighton have only got a 24 man EPL squad and are a central midfielder missing (two per position policy).
        Central midfielders: Stephens, Groß, Pröpper, Bissouma, Kayal.
        So the question is whether Alireza Jahanbakhsh can play the role in the 4-4-1-1 behind the target man striker Murray/Andone which is the role of attacking midfielder (Bissouma, Kayal) with a little bit of the second striker role (Locadia) included?
        NB: elementary analysis of CH choices, not mine.
        Against Man City with their very high possession statistics, the player who can retain possession from the Albion would relieve some of the pressure. (PS if we could retain possession like Spurs did it, it would be a great defensive tactic.)
        There are just to many players. It's unfortunate for Jahanbakhsh who hasn't even had ONE chance to show his worth. I think he should have gone to Leicester. He probably would have been a fixed stater! BHAFC plays with a very defensive minded formation 4-1-4-1, it doesn't suit attacking wingers! I just hope this move doesn't ruin his career, it shouldn't because he's a very talented and hard working guy but let's see!

Comment

PS: CH may play 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1) at the Etihad, which means playing three central midfielders, each of whom can at any one time (perhaps only once) can go forward to support Glenn Murray.

Whatever way we will not go gung-ho. Brighton do not lose possession very easily; against City it is getting the ball in the first place. Dale Stephens is the main man for ball winning which is why we were disadvantaged when he went off against Spurs.

I think the very best we can expect is a Spurs-like game where we concede possession and do not commit too many players forward.

Last season at the Amex we held City off for 70 minutes or so and then got caught on a breakaway after we got a corner. FT 0-2. 22% possession. Before that we had just the one chance when Walker was caught too far forward. City were the best team I had ever seen Brighton play on that day, better even than the Liverpool team of the late seventies and early eighties.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            I don't know if I want him to start against City and possibly test a dodgy Fabian Delph at LB or stay on the bench and have nothing to do with the 11% possession Brighton muster.
            Na baba estart chiye? Let’s just leave him in the garage like the Lamborghini owner who is too much of a wuss to drive his new Lamborghini because he’s afraid it might get “scrathed”. Brighton being the Lamborghini owner ofc.

Comment

BTW - reading the Brighton forums, it seems like Izquierdo was poor in his return to the u-23 side and was quite sluggish. He seems to need a few weeks before getting back on form. He was subbed out at half time.

Comment

Im convinced that ARJ chose brighton just to help.improve his TM form. This style of play doesnt suit his game but it does match TM style of play under CQ so maybe he took the big risk just to improve for TM.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                  There are just to many players. It's unfortunate for Jahanbakhsh who hasn't even had ONE chance to show his worth. I think he should have gone to Leicester. He probably would have been a fixed stater! BHAFC plays with a very defensive minded formation 4-1-4-1, it doesn't suit attacking wingers! I just hope this move doesn't ruin his career, it shouldn't because he's a very talented and hard working guy but let's see!
                  Brighton play 4-4-1-1 most of the time, which is notionally less defensive than 4-2-3-1 (=4-5-1).

Albion Formations Summary 2017-18.jpg

Leicester play roughly the same formation and system.

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                    Brighton play 4-4-1-1 most of the time, which is notionally less defensive than 4-2-3-1 (=4-5-1).
                    [ATTACH]18270[/ATTACH]
                    Leicester play roughly the same formation and system.
                    My point being that in most, if not all the Brighton games so far the team does not really attack unless they are behind or the subs come on. So CH has programmed this team in this specific manner. I remember during one of the games the announcer was criticizing CH because Brighton can actually attack but they decide to only do so when they fall behind!
                    I'm comparing this 4-4-1-1 to a 4-3-3 for example !

Comment

It’s not like Brighton are going to win against Man City either way. So at least give Jahanbakhsh the start to prove himself and eventually lessen the deficit. This is getting pretty ridiculous as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                        My point being that in most, if not all the Brighton games so far the team does not really attack unless they are behind or the subs come on. So CH has programmed this team in this specific manner. I remember during one of the games the announcer was criticizing CH because Brighton can actually attack but they decide to only do so when they fall behind!
                        I'm comparing this 4-4-1-1 to a 4-3-3 for example !
                        http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...=1#post2592818

Brighton are not fit enough to press for the whole game or to play passing attacking football for the whole game, not good enough in central midfield to play 4-3-3 in the English Premier League. Neither were Spurs who got burned out before the end.

With the new younger players in the side, changes are in the offing in the near future. I expect there needs more understanding before it clicks.

It is the job of CH to get the balance of the attack and defence right. If we pressed like Man United against Spurs we would have lost 0-3. The way we played created more big chances than Spurs and we could have won. Three key points in the game went against the Albion:
                        1) the Dale Stephens injury
                        2) the disallowed goal
                        3) the first Knockaert miss

I expect Alireza Jahanbakhsh to start against Man City in place of Solly March. I can only see one reason why not! Only reason is that it will be two inverted wingers.

Comment

cf: José Izquierdo did not make his first team PL starting debut until 1st October 2017.

The game was not memorable as the Albion lost 2-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates and it could have been more. Brighton played 4-5-1 with Solly March playing on the right wing, with a shot that hit the bar with Cech beaten all ends up. The rest was very poor and Arsenal won with little trouble and Izzy was subbed.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/11...senal-Brighton

Comment

TV coverage of Man City vs Brighton & HA

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3...n-hove-albion/

Comment

For U.S. viewers, the Man City vs. Brighton match will be shown live on NBC Sports Network at 7 AM pacific time (10 AM eastern time).

Comment

it seems every week brighton is on prime time tv coverage, but ARJ never starts. By the time he starts im sure that they will no longer be on tv and we will have to resort to finding online links again lol

Comment

Working...
                                X