No announcement yet.

FIBA World championship 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have any legionnaires in the squad?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Do we have any legionnaires in the squad?
      Behnam Yakhchali just signed with a club in China. the rest are either playing in Iran or without a club.

Haddadi can easily find a decent club, but I think he prefers to consider offers after the World Cup. based on the preparation games, he looked fresh and motivated, I think he will do very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
        Behnam Yakhchali just signed with a club in China. the rest are either playing in Iran or without a club.

Haddadi can easily find a decent club, but I think he prefers to consider offers after the World Cup. based on the preparation games, he looked fresh and motivated, I think he will do very good.
        I thought we had a guy playing for london lions

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          I thought we had a guy playing for london lions
          Navid Niktash used to play for London Lions and the last time I checked he was playing for a club in France (not in first 2 divisions. it was division 3 or 4) he was in the wide list they invited for the training , but left the team apparently his French mother was sick. he had no chance to make the final 12 after all.

there are still two half-Iranian players in this squad. Mike Rostampour who played last season in Iran, and helped his club winning the title. and Aaron Geramipoor who used to play for Cibona Zagreb in Croatia 2 years ago but as far as I know he was without a club for 2018/2019 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
            both. obviously the main reason is coach's personal problem with him but the coach also has some issues with Haddadi but he is still in the team because he is not replaceable.

I follow the Iranian league and Kazemi is just a shadow of the player we knew. he could still make the final 12 (or maybe the starting lineup) if our coach wasn't stupid and stubborn. but it won't be a big big loss for Iran.
            Oshin Sahakian was forced to retire but I never got to know the reasons why members of Iran's Golden generation Mehdi Kamrani and Rouzbeh Arghavan are no longer in the team! Also why Farbod Farman did not get any invitation to Team Melli?

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
              Oshin Sahakian was forced to retire but I never got to know the reasons why members of Iran's Golden generation Mehdi Kamrani and Rouzbeh Arghavan are no longer in the team! Also why Farbod Farman did not get any invitation to Team Melli?
              we better not mix things together. Rouzbeh Arghavan was never in our "golden generation" he was always a terrible player who had a place in NT sometimes ONLY because of his height. now we have Geramipoor and Rostampour. he is no longer needed. he was in the wide though

Mehdi Kamrani didn't play basketball for 2017/2018 season, focusing on his own business and his little son. it seems he wanted to retire (his real age is older than his official age) he came back last season to play in Iranian league. I can say he was OK. not great but also not bad. I would give him a place in 12 man squad instead of Rasoul Mozaffari (who won't play a minute in China) but he also has a very bad relationship with the coach. you can read his interview to know why
              http://www.iran-varzeshi.com/News/90...B7%D8%A8%D8%B9

Farbod Farman ? seriously ?!! this guy never played a minute for our "senior" team. and I don't know if he is even playing pro basketball anymore. I think he stopped playing basketball long time ago.

btw, our coach just announced that so called "final squad" is just a mistake by media, no list is official yet.

Comment

Can any of our guys do some decent dunks?

Comment

Final list and official jersey.

- صمد نیکخواه*بهرامی
                  - حامد حدادی
                  - محمد جمشیدی
                  - بهنام یخچالی
                  - سجاد مشایخی
                  - محمد حسن*زاده
                  - مایک رستم*پور
                  - آرون گرامی*پور
                  - آرمان زنگنه
                  - میثم میرزایی
                  - حامد حسین*زاده
                  - رسول مظفری

سرمربی : مهران شاهین طبع

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                    Final list and official jersey.
                    - صمد نیکخواه*بهرامی
                    - حامد حدادی
                    - محمد جمشیدی
                    - بهنام یخچالی
                    - سجاد مشایخی
                    - محمد حسن*زاده
                    - مایک رستم*پور
                    - آرون گرامی*پور
                    - آرمان زنگنه
                    - میثم میرزایی
                    - حامد حسین*زاده
                    - رسول مظفری
                    سرمربی : مهران شاهین طبع

And I thought our TM jerseys were boring.

How the heck does a nation that built Esfehan, is known for the most beautiful rugs and calligraphy, and a wealth of poets/film makers/artists/musicians not able to put together a decent jersey for any of our teams? It's like they assign the Sports Ministry intern the task of designing the jerseys using Microsoft Word

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

How the heck does a nation that built Esfehan, is known for the most beautiful rugs and calligraphy, and a wealth of poets/film makers/artists/musicians not able to put together a decent jersey for any of our teams? It's like they assign the Sports Ministry intern the task of designing the jerseys using Microsoft Word
                      Look at the state of our country. If we lived up to our potential, we would be a super power

Comment

Thanks to our sponsor, all the colours of our flag is represented in our jersey. It think it is the first time in Basketball

Comment

well this is designed by their Chinese sponsor. PEAK
                          http://www.peaksport.com/peak/

unlike football, at least they are paying the Iran Basketball Federation to wear their shirts

Comment

Notice they have deleted the IR from the front of the jersey.

That's a first, let's see if it survives the final inspection!

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                              Notice they have deleted the IR from the front of the jersey.

That's a first, let's see if it survives the final inspection!
                              Tanx god!

Comment

Iran beat Nigeria 85-71 in a friendly in China. next is Montenegro tomorrow. they will have another one on Sunday against Nigeria (again) or Poland.

this is a great result. Nigeria is a very good team, the best African team right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X