Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 World Cup Qualifier: Iran - Iraq; Updates, Pics & Vid, Live Stream (07.09.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
    By the sound of it, he had not prepared his team for this Iran, the game against Syria was deluding and I doubt he prepared his team based on that. He was very surprised with Iran’s play, technic, tactics and composure.
    Yes the early goal would have thrown all his plans out of the window and made Iraqis come out to level the score and thereby leave gaps in the back, BUT look at his stature sitting on the bench at all times. Dragan wasn’t quite tearing himself up on the sideline but his presence and quite drive and instructions were vital.
    We missed that against Syria. Dick acted like a lame duck not moving from his chair, if I was an Iraqi, I would be furious with him!
    Yes, the Dick have seen its best years allready, nowdays he lacks that power needed to stand up, and you can forget about moving around for 90 minutes.. Those days are long gone.
    Nowdays The Dick sits down instead and shakes his head.
    It really seems that Iraqis got a Dick in bad shape..
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

this Advocaat for Iraq thing is reminding me of Wilmots in Iran haha.

Comment

To me it looks like Advocaat was underestimating Iran badly, the way he talked pre and post game seemed to me that he was sure that Iraq would win and that they have a chance to finish top 2. He learnt the hard way yesterday and he will realize that Iraq have no business in the WC.

Comment

It really gave me the same feeling Kiarash jaan; the better we shot him down so soon.

1 down, 1 home win left , we’re still not done with Arogh
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            To me it looks like Advocaat was underestimating Iran badly, the way he talked pre and post game seemed to me that he was sure that Iraq would win and that they have a chance to finish top 2. He learnt the hard way yesterday and he will realize that Iraq have no business in the WC.
            This is exactly my thought and i posted in game rating thread. Poor coaching. Also the first min goal changed everything tbh.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
              Yes, the Dick have seen its best years allready, nowdays he lacks that power needed to stand up, and you can forget about moving around for 90 minutes.. Those days are long gone.
              Nowdays The Dick sits down instead and shakes his head.
              It really seems that Iraqis got a Dick in bad shape..
              Dick lost all hope as soon as the Iran goal came on Min 5! he was hoping for a repeat of the Korea game ( Ie play to defend, wear out the team and hope for a goal or at best a draw) but it seemed he underestimated TM !

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                Keep in mind this Iraq team was in camp in Spain and Turkey for more than a month while our team has really being practicing for only a week.

Skocic is impressing me more and more.
                I read that Dick Advocaat was saying the opposite! that his team only played 'amatuer' clubs and were NOT prepared well!

Comment

For those that didn't watch the game here is a link
                  https://youtu.be/oBvZZkWJI7k
                  ==============================================

Comment

Indian commentators! lmao talks indian and middle of it he says, pulled the gun..

That was the second funniest commentators ivs heard, after chinese calling ibra for ibooo back in the days
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Guys let's not downplay this important win against a solid opponent who gave us lots of problems in the past. Queiroz could not manage to beat Iraq in 8 years and just last week the Iraqi's drew South Korea away. They are a tough opponent but Skocic is showing all his critics that he is promising and can be a better coach for us than Queiroz in the (near) future.

Comment

https://imgshare.io/image/puJ2Sf
                        for everybody who missed it, gotta se this
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Couldn’t agree more 🤝

Perhaps also the away draw against SK, gave him a sense of False security. He has now started looking far afield for foreign born Iraqis.

If I’m not wrong his experience is with Far Eastern countries whilst the story in the Middle East is completely different. With Iran of course we have outgrown Asia/ME and can compete in Europe or South America, so Dicky has a lot to learn. Yesterday was his first hard lesson!
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I am not sure if he was underestimating Iran, or if he is just a Dick trying to play mind games. I never rated him very highly. He has coached more than 10 clubs and 5 or 6 national teams. He usually gets the boot or breaks his contract for more $$ somewhere else.

To me, a coach who has no integrity CANNOT be a good leader/coach. Given that he has broken multiple contracts, I do not think he has any integrity and thus will not be successful in Iraq. My prediction is that he will get the boot after Iraq falls behind sufficiently in the WCQ race, or that he just finds an excuse to pack up his bags and leave.

I am not sure this Iraqi team, under his coaching, will get good results against UAE and/or Syria.
                            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                              Guys let's not downplay this important win against a solid opponent who gave us lots of problems in the past. Queiroz could not manage to beat Iraq in 8 years and just last week the Iraqi's drew South Korea away. They are a tough opponent but Skocic is showing all his critics that he is promising and can be a better coach for us than Queiroz in the (near) future.
                              Sepeher Jaan, From responses I have read so far, I don’t think anyone is downplaying Iran’s outstanding performance. The comments are more directed at Dick’s post-match comments, interview and reaction.
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Please guys continue with the Dick jokes. I was laughing like crazy hahaha.
                                Sign against banning Iran from WorldCup!!!
                                http://new.petitiononline.com/IRANWC06/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                                X