Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what Graham Potter bases his decisions on when he bench/starts a player? Since Alireza did well in the 6 minutes he was given in this match, how does that help him going towards next weeks game vs Everton? If he trains the same way or better, does that mean he'll come in at minute 86th instead of 87th? Are his decisions strictly on who they're playing? I've always been baffled by this complex equation.

Comment

It all comes down to momentum and who is playing well at the time. Yes, ARJ was playing well and was posed to start, but an untimed injury subdued him. We saw Alexis Mcallister get a run of games when he was playing well but since ARJ had that awful injury it set him back again.

You can't really blame this 100% on Potter, although he does deserve a lot of the blame for his lack of playing time last season.

Comment

In context, ARJ has had some terrible luck over the past 3 years. Every time he showed some good form and seemed to have gotten the coach's attention, he would get injured. He has been very fragile physically since 2018.

Comment

^ I agree with what both of you are saying. And joking/sarcasm put aside, yes. I agree, Potter is not to blame for all of it. And yes, Alireza getting injured doesn't help the situation either. We are all aware of what the English Premier League requires from athletes when it comes to intensity/aggression, precision (high tempo passing game in this league), and risk taking as it relates to the tactics of the head coach (what he wants). And yes, it takes a while for a player to bounce back and to get in EPL match form.

But lets not pretend that Potter is in favor of Ali as a player in his squad either. That isn't hard to notice lol. If we watch Brighton & Hove Albion matches and follow the players who are in positions where Alireza Jahanbakhsh would most likely be. If we analyze and take into perspective how those players do/observe how such players can't deliver (and by can't deliver I don't mean not scoring. I mean you can visibly see they're not creating chances or being smart with the ball) in 8-10+ plays/situations, then we see a fit/in form Alireza Jahanbakhsh (those of us who have watched over 150 of his matches and know his style and can see how he'd fit in the starting 11 over another Brighton player) and how he's not playing, let's not pretend he's a player Potter cares about lol.

It's not about common sense, the analytics, Ali's injury.. It is clear that Jahanbaksh is NOT in Potter's plans.

Comment

Ali is never going to excel in this club or the EPL (constantly injured, won’t make it in a physical league). I’ve given up on him now as it seems like he’s happy collecting checks and playing a few minutes every year. I hope he surprises me but history proving that to be unlikely.
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
              I wonder what Graham Potter bases his decisions on when he bench/starts a player? Since Alireza did well in the 6 minutes he was given in this match, how does that help him going towards next weeks game vs Everton? If he trains the same way or better, does that mean he'll come in at minute 86th instead of 87th? Are his decisions strictly on who they're playing? I've always been baffled by this complex equation.
              This is where I am perplexed, too. As a manager, if you suddenly go down by a goal late in the game, then make the substitutions as soon as possible; don't wait to make subs in the 87th minute. (Potter made two of them around that time, and ARJ was one of them) After all, if the manager is trusting the subs to make an offensive impact, then surely he must also give them more time to equalize the game? I mean really.. this isn't basketball, where one can immediately put points on the board within a few minutes.
              I am not here to bash ARJ for staying at BHA (although I do think he should go elsewhere for more playing time), or even bash Potter on the whole; I am just questioning his subbing patterns. This isn't the first time he has thrown subs in too late in the game, to get a result.

Comment

^ ...

It's not about common sense, the analytics, Ali's injury.. It is clear that Jahanbaksh is NOT in Potter's plans.
                And that's the real problem. I have a feeling that it doesn't matter how well ARJ performs in practice, or even in his limited game time; he'll never be a consistent starter for BHA under Potter.

Comment

gosh this thread blew up again....!! did he get some minutes vs manure ?? or same ol regurgitated comments ..?

Comment

^ I agree with what both of you are saying. And joking/sarcasm put aside, yes. I agree, Potter is not to blame for all of it. And yes, Alireza getting injured doesn't help the situation either. We are all aware of what the English Premier League requires from athletes when it comes to intensity/aggression, precision (high tempo passing game in this league), and risk taking as it relates to the tactics of the head coach (what he wants). And yes, it takes a while for a player to bounce back and to get in EPL match form.

But lets not pretend that Potter is in favor of Ali as a player in his squad either. That isn't hard to notice lol. If we watch Brighton & Hove Albion matches and follow the players who are in positions where Alireza Jahanbakhsh would most likely be. If we analyze and take into perspective how those players do/observe how such players can't deliver (and by can't deliver I don't mean not scoring. I mean you can visibly see they're not creating chances or being smart with the ball) in 8-10+ plays/situations, then we see a fit/in form Alireza Jahanbakhsh (those of us who have watched over 150 of his matches and know his style and can see how he'd fit in the starting 11 over another Brighton player) and how he's not playing, let's not pretend he's a player Potter cares about lol.

WORRRRD...!!
                    unless they flake out and BHA epl survival and Pothead's stay at the club becomes questionable (highly unlikely) he'd be an absolute fool to remain at that dogshittt club beyond this summer..!
                    he's already milked the rea$onable Money aspect of this miserable transfer too and staying put beyond this summer and picking splinters outa his asss under Pothead again would be quiet a Greedy and frankly purely pathetic decision from him..!!

Comment

به نظر می*رسد بال ایرانی تیم فوتبال برایتون به درهای خروجی این باشگاه نزدیک است
                      https://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=524103

Could this be?!!

p.s. The more I see from some of these EPL teams, the more I'm convinced there is some shady-business/ money laundering going on. The owners of EPL teams (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs) are fast becoming a collection of corrupt Oligarchs from various countries.
                      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

Could this be?!!

p.s. The more I see from some of these EPL teams, the more I'm convinced there is some shady-business/ money laundering going on. The owners of EPL teams (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...football_clubs) are fast becoming a collection of corrupt Oligarchs from various countries.
                        Money laundering and modern football go together like bread and butter.

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post

Could this be?!!

Nothing ground breaking. Just repeating the same talking points since the end of last season.

Comment

It sad to see what is happening to his career and Ezzatollahi's one. Two players who could play key roles in TM.

Comment

Lol can we just let this thread die? I promise I won't comment anymore if you guys don't.

Comment

It looks like weak speculation:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/bri...ding-percy-tau

I'm struggling to see him find a suitor willing to buy out his contract, Brighton would need to subsidise them. I imagine there will be many similar players (Haaland the most high-profile) who will be prisoners this summer thanks to having pre COVID contracts and buyers whose resources are restricted by COVID.

Comment

Working...
                                X