Houston Rockets: Who said its over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bet is ON

i was initially betting on getting out of the first round, but bruin insisted that we kick it up a notch, i just said why not :P

(btw, for the muslim members.. this is not a bet for money.. we are both trusting the fact that the winner will use the money towards a meal. perhaps surf and turf at the local strip club any other use of this money is indicating towards a full sin of haram)

Comment

Originally posted by KevinisGQ View Post
      "everything thats houston d1cksuckin"? why would you say that you worthless piece of shit? What makes you so mad? because i made a thread on my basketball team? I specifically typed "Houston Rockets" on the title for a reason, dont open the damn thread If you dont want to read what i have posted. I've been a fan of the Houston rockets growing up. I grew up in the united states, alot of us grow up playing ball.. I've been playing the game all my life.. ffs i've watched us win 2 championships.. even through this last IDLE DECADE ive still stuck by my team. It's a big deal here in houston and for myself for them to be on a record winning streak. Theres no everything thats houston im a fan of.. oh wait? the fact that I also defended the Houston Dynamo when you newbs we're talking sh1t about the MLS? It's my footy team.. I've been to the last 2 MLS cups, i respect my fvcking footy team. I'm the type of guy that buys season tickets and i tend to know alot about both football (soccer) and basketball. On the other hand, i also like american football, I'm a fan of the SD Chargers, not my local team the Texans. vice versa with ACM (I'm not even from Milan). I only made this thread to post the video that my best friend made. It's called "Houston Rockets: It's not over" I don't want you opening any of my threads and from now on i'll be checking the bottom to see if you've opened any and i'll just call you out
      Relax there broskeet, im jk. And i like dikembe so its not like i HATE houston.

Comment

Glad to see most people in this thread know what they are talking about when it comes to b-ball! This thread will come back when they get raped in the 1st round so have all your fun now

Delam mikhad be Esfahan bargardam...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFI6ao7LY8

Comment

The bet is ON
          i was initially betting on getting out of the first round, but bruin insisted that we kick it up a notch, i just said why not :P
          (btw, for the muslim members.. this is not a bet for money.. we are both trusting the fact that the winner will use the money towards a meal. perhaps surf and turf at the local strip club any other use of this money is indicating towards a full sin of haram)
          na aziz jaan!! The bet was the 2nd round FROM THE GETGO!! Look at post #2. Thats what I said from the begining.

AMIR TEMUR,

I never claimed the lakers will make it to the finals!! I am just saying the rockets wont make it to the conference finals. I am not sure about the lakers because unlike all the other contenders, the lakers will look very different when ariza nad bynum come back and I dont know how quickly they will adjust. But I am sure the lakers WILL make it to the conference finals!
          ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
          Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
          Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
          midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
          forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
          Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

look at the last pm's i sent you, i first sent you the bet.. you then said 2nd round. lets do the bet anyhow, and i think we should change the bet up and even get the lakers in on the bet as Amir said i mean you are mighty confident and all

Comment

look at the last pm's i sent you, i first sent you the bet.. you then said 2nd round. lets do the bet anyhow, and i think we should change the bet up and even get the lakers in on the bet as Amir said i mean you are mighty confident and all
              this thread is not about the lakers. We are talking about the rockets. Thisthread started with YOU saying how great they are and I came in and sid they wont get past the secon round (post #2)!!!!! thats it. Why do you wann bring in the lakers in?? I am not the one bragging about the lakers!!! Go place a bet with someone who is.

Again,

This thread is about the Houston Rockets!!!! The bet is that they wont get to the conference finals.

1)15 dollars through paypal

2) 4 reps within a month.

ok!!?
              midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
              Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

It's 20 now. Looks like the Rockets can extend it to 21 vs. the Bobcats pretty easily. Against the Lakers it'll be real tough. That's T-Mac and the gang's true test. I live in L.A. and like the Lakers, but agree Lakers fans can be pricks. You guys here should congratulate Houston on their amazing run, but you just love to hate. I don't know if the Rockets'll be contenders down the line with the best of the West, but they shouldn't be written off either.
                "More jazz than Hornacek"

Comment

Originally posted by Rostam View Post
                  It's 20 now. Looks like the Rockets can extend it to 21 vs. the Bobcats pretty easily. Against the Lakers it'll be real tough. That's T-Mac and the gang's true test. I live in L.A. and like the Lakers, but agree Lakers fans can be pricks. You guys here should congratulate Houston on their amazing run, but you just love to hate. I don't know if the Rockets'll be contenders down the line with the best of the West, but they shouldn't be written off either.
                  I am not taking nything away from their amazing winning streak. Its the second best so it speaks for itself. HOWEVER, if you wanna draw an inference from this to preduct the payoffs, I am just saying its my humble opinion after watchin nba for 16 years that the rockets most probably wont get out of the first round and 100% wont get out of the second round. thats it!

Comment

Originally posted by persianbruin View Post
                    I am not taking nything away from their amazing winning streak. Its the second best so it speaks for itself. HOWEVER, if you wanna draw an inference from this to preduct the payoffs, I am just saying its my humble opinion after watchin nba for 16 years that the rockets most probably wont get out of the first round and 100% wont get out of the second round. thats it!
                    I'm a big NBA fan myself. Give us a prediction (an unbiased one) of who makes it out of the first round, second round, and conference finals in the West, or at least discuss. This is what I'm interested in. It's so close it's hard to tell. Anything could happen since the top teams in the West are only a few games apart. The 1st seeded Lakers are only five games separated from the 8th seeded
                    Warriors. We can't say one team will take it for certain. This is what we should be doing instead of bashing teams.
                    "More jazz than Hornacek"

Comment

word Rostam, your the coolest lakers fan i've ever met, rep point for you

and mr bruin,

the bet will NOT change, no worries

Comment

man this is intense. Let's go rockets, Kevin's got my support in this bet. rep that h-town.
                        VISCA EL BARCA

Comment

Originally posted by Rostam View Post
                          I'm a big NBA fan myself. Give us a prediction (an unbiased one) of who makes it out of the first round, second round, and conference finals in the West, or at least discuss. This is what I'm interested in. It's so close it's hard to tell. Anything could happen since the top teams in the West are only a few games apart. The 1st seeded Lakers are only five games separated from the 8th seeded
                          Warriors. We can't say one team will take it for certain. This is what we should be doing instead of bashing teams.
                          It will all depend on the seedings. Lets say I predict phoenix and houston get out of the first round and then come playoff time one is the 4th seed and the other is a 5th seed. So that aint gonna work obviously!!!

Its my prediction that the lakers spurs are going to the conference finals and the only reason I am not sure about the lakers going to the finals is because I am not sure how effective Bynum will be when he gets back. The lakers are winning right now by outscoring everyone. That doesnt work in the playoffs (ask the SUNS) The lakers cant beat the spurs by ooutscoring them. There is a HUGE void in the middle which the kings and blazers took advantage of to beat the lakers. When bynum was there he was like a great wall of china in the middle and the lakers were winning with defense which is wht you need in the playoffs. Also ariza who is also injured was a shut down defender on the opposition's small forward. Granted bynum comes back full force and can adjust to gasol the lakers will sweep the spurs in the conference finals.

As for the east, to me its detroit vs the winner of celts vs. cavs. if the celts dont get to meet the cavs then it will be detrot vs. celts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arzhang View Post
                            man this is intense. Let's go rockets, Kevin's got my support in this bet. rep that h-town.
                            thanks bro, some people just need to get off the haterade

made this wp out of http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/Splash_streak20.jpg
                            (only for the Rockets fans)

Comment

Here we go, 21 wins and the route to 22 is blocked by kobe and co. Hopefully we can end it!! BTW does any1 know what happened to pau?

Comment

I think Kobe will have to EXPLODE tomorrow like only he can. You know I am talking about the type that mkes MJ sit in front of the TV and take notes!!! All the lakers have to bring their A game for this one with all these players out due to injury its gonna be tough. On the bright side we are going to war WITHOUT smush and kwame!

Comment

Working...
                                X