Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you expect TM players to do something in the honour of Mahsa Amini on Friday's gam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
    I am sure Carlos / the management has also asked them to not get involved in politics. Carlos can't afford to deal with bans / hashiyeh when he only has 2 months to prepare. We are not in their shoes. A former player like Ali Karimi has a lot less to lose currently (doesn't take away from his bravery). We know how these players feel, but I think they are limited currently in what they can / should do.
    He only has millions in Iran to lose bro ... Karimi doesn't have little to lose. Neither does Daei, Farhad Majidi, Mehdi Mahdavikia etc.

A lot of these celebrities have spoken up - that have their entire careers and wealth to lose too - Navid Mohammadzadeh, Mahnaz Afshar etc.

They just shouldn't have celebrated that goal too much as they did. They could have at least done that!
    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

I think emotions are high and people are looking at anyone and thing to get mad at.

The players have done enough by showing solidarity on Social media.

There's no reason to risk the consequences by making a statement in a friendly match few people watch and I R could censor easily.

If they do make a statement on the pitch, it will have to be in the world cup with the world's eyes on them.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        ^^^^^
        Changed it After they were attacked by people on social media.

Mehdi Jan did a good celebration after scoring the goal in a meaningless friendly match!
        Yup. This

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Yup. This

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
          They all posted messages of solidarity with Mahsa on Sept 16th and 17th.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            Friday's game would be pointless.

If they do anything, it should be during the WC.
            I agree with this.

Comment

I watched the highlights and I really do think they did something in the celebration in the middle of the ring in the corner because all of sudden, they looked at the ground. Nevertheless, for some of us maybe that is not good enough which is of course legit wish but we should not forget that we are not in their shoes and situation. Me personally would have loved to see them at least wear a black wristband but now that they did not, I don't blame them. Eventhough even sportsman have a social responsibility but these boys have some how in pass made millions of people happy before with their efforts and victories.

Comment

Tough situation. But it's up for them to decide what to do, not us. We're the ones in the West who won't face any backlash for posting on social media. They've already done that. Speaking up further could lead to serious consequences for them and their families so it's not our place to tell them what to do.

If they do, it's highly courageous... but not our choice

Comment

Okey now after I just watched the report on Iran International sport news, their reporter in place (Stadium) gave a good summary. Obviously before the start of the game, the organiser said that no spectators are allowed. After the game started, they did let a number of Iranian people in (100) and most of them with IR Flags so most probably regime/embassy people (Jasoos). Another thing, astonishingly there has been request from Iranian Federation to the broadcasting company who hade the broadcast rights to absolutely not show anything from the side there were spectators which it happened to be true since during the game, not even once they showed behind the bench and this amazed the broadcasting company of course because it was a very odd for them.

So I guess, the players were just afraid to do anything. These guys have all their families in Iran.

Comment

Btw, they also reported that all the players had change their profile photos to black, only Torabi did not change , are we surprised?

I just checked. That is true. Only player I could find without black profile is Torabi.
                    Last edited by Essi; 09-24-2022, 01:43 AM.

Comment

why is that? ^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                        Btw, they also reported that all the players had change their profile photos to black, only Torabi did not change , are we surprised?

I just checked. That is true. Only player I could find without black profile is Torabi.
                        Torabie Khaayehmaal.
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

aghayoon
                            revolution doesnt happen quick and overnight...... Requires a consistent period of displays of mass discontent primarily by the folks inside the country who are most affected by the status quo and their lives most benefit from a change of it..!
                            such a change will take much more time than many of you imagening right now .... !! especially so vs an already isolated international pariah IR regime which has proven in the past that it will use all repressive means necessary to prevent it ..! it's too easy to become paper tiger nowadays on SM platforms, mostly in the safety of our bases out west away from ir's reach and backlash..!
                            too many of us need to curb our expectations and beeron neshastegi demanding the truly vulnerable to lengesh kon..!!
                            must lower our expectations from our players on these front ftb (myself including..!) must show much , much more patient with our footballers and let them express themselves in a more consistent and proper timing .... for now imo they have done the best they can and we need to lay off of them ridiculously demanding more ..!!
                            remember what we asking of them on the pitch and away from it is completely different and in direct conflict with one another..!! they most need focus on footballing achievement ftb considering the pickle they are in for WC preparations..!!

Comment

I don't like when people mix politic and Sports

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                aghayoon
                                revolution doesnt happen quick and overnight...... Requires a consistent period of displays of mass discontent primarily by the folks inside the country who are most affected by the status quo and their lives most benefit from a change of it..!
                                such a change will take much more time than many of you imagening right now .... !! especially so vs an already isolated international pariah IR regime which has proven in the past that it will use all repressive means necessary to prevent it ..! it's too easy to become paper tiger nowadays on SM platforms, mostly in the safety of our bases out west away from ir's reach and backlash..!
                                too many of us need to curb our expectations and beeron neshastegi demanding the truly vulnerable to lengesh kon..!!
                                must lower our expectations from our players on these front ftb (myself including..!) must show much , much more patient with our footballers and let them express themselves in a more consistent and proper timing .... for now imo they have done the best they can and we need to lay off of them ridiculously demanding more ..!!
                                remember what we asking of them on the pitch and away from it is completely different and in direct conflict with one another..!! they most need focus on footballing achievement ftb considering the pickle they are in for WC preparations..!!
                                Well said!

U da man!!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X