Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you expect TM players to do something in the honour of Mahsa Amini on Friday's gam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope they do a gesture of sorts, whether a moment of silence, wristband, t shirt under jersey, something. This country is in pain and is held hostage by animals right now and people need individuals of high influence to stand up for them.
    I noticed some of them like Taremi have been liking AK8's posts. We shall see. If not on friday, then hopefully at the world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
      No. Carlos will not allow ANY form of Hashiye
      shaving heads would essentially boils down to player's hairstyle choice and CQ can not exercise any authority over that action nor i believe that would he..?
      they oghta do something ... be it even a small gesture...!
      the status quo in the country especially so in regards to hijaab is especially asssbackwards, shameful and intolerable ..!! FFS even the Saudi gov. is softening up their ignorant racist stance against half their populations ...!
      however i agree that player's must remain Focus on the job at hand (accomplishment of their WC mission could well serve yet as another big spark of celebratory outpouring that could well turn political in nature..!!) FTB its best that any grand political gesture by players/staff must be saved for WC, probably perhaps during the last match vs USA when it's too late for IR to try to stop it..!!

Comment

I don't know why people think this is hashiye. They have done it before i.e. Green movement, IG posts etc.

Hashiye is not doing anything. It would be tone deaf.

This is TEAM MELLI - they play for Iranians who are getting massacred in the streets of Iran, not some bache kooni akhoonds whose kids live in the West and enjoy hookers and alcohol with stolen money.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
          I don't know why people think this is hashiye. They have done it before i.e. Green movement, IG posts etc.

Hashiye is not doing anything. It would be tone deaf.

This is TEAM MELLI - they play for Iranians who are getting massacred in the streets of Iran, not some bache kooni akhoonds whose kids live in the West and enjoy hookers and alcohol with stolen money.
          true , in fact it may well become more of motivating factor than hashieh..!!

One thing for sure though, TM Players must recognize that Footballing Success and putting forth their utmost best efforts in this vital camp and the upcoming friendlies/wc ( the general footalling front ) is the absolute best means of making our people happy and their successful on pitch displays very much would be the best way yet to show their sympathy for our People's rightful grievances against the IR regime..!!

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
            I hope they do a gesture of sorts, whether a moment of silence, wristband, t shirt under jersey, something. This country is in pain and is held hostage by animals right now and people need individuals of high influence to stand up for them.
            I noticed some of them like Taremi have been liking AK8's posts. We shall see. If not on friday, then hopefully at the world cup.
            That is also a good, somewhat diplomatic and lowkey way of displaying their support for our people in the upcoming friendly matches ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by sammyg
              Tm players did 0

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
              I wonder if this was the case or not. The iranian TV literally started showing the game at the moment of kick-off unlike other times when they show the players coming in, singing the anthems, etc.. I'm hopeful that they did a moment of silence or something and the TV skipped over it. I also wonder how aware they are of what is happening in Iran... I guess deep inside I wanna believe that the players care..

Comment

Originally posted by Pouya View Post
                I wonder if this was the case or not. The iranian TV literally started showing the game at the moment of kick-off unlike other times when they show the players coming in, singing the anthems, etc.. I'm hopeful that they did a moment of silence or something and the TV skipped over it. I also wonder how aware they are of what is happening in Iran... I guess deep inside I wanna believe that the players care..
                I watched the first half on a Uruguay channel. They showed the walkout. Nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                  I watched the first half on a Uruguay channel. They showed the walkout. Nothing happened.
                  damn..

Comment

Lets see if anything is done after the game, given that they won, they can dedicate the win still. But I understand that they are also in a difficult position
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I read that the did something during the goal celebrqtion but the state tv censured it. Does anyone have the goal celebration from Uruguayan tv?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

Comment

This was posted.

Not enough. A social media post may have been enough in the past, but not enough anymore.

I wish they didn't celebrate that goal or done something that was obvious and clear. I love this TM, but they need to show some courage on these fronts.

The likes of Ali Daei, Ali Karimi, Farhad Majidi etc. have shown it - we need more from current players.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

easy for us to expect the players to have done something. it's more complicated than that. do we really expect them to risk retribution by this insane regime 2 months before the WC?

Comment

^^^^^
                            Changed it After they were attacked by people on social media.

Mehdi Jan did a good celebration after scoring the goal in a meaningless friendly match!

Comment

Baba leave them alone. We’re not in their shoes and it’s the height of hypocrisy for us to ask them to do such things when they will go back to Iran and/or have lots of family in Iran.

Comment

I am sure Carlos / the management has also asked them to not get involved in politics. Carlos can't afford to deal with bans / hashiyeh when he only has 2 months to prepare. We are not in their shoes. A former player like Ali Karimi has a lot less to lose currently (doesn't take away from his bravery). We know how these players feel, but I think they are limited currently in what they can / should do.
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X