Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you expect TM players to do something in the honour of Mahsa Amini on Friday's gam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by legofish View Post
    First, there’s such a thing as momentum. People are out on the street and need help NOW and need ALL the support they can get, right now, not next week, not next month, not in 2 months.
    Second, if the security situation for the freaking Austrian friendly camp was so severe that players couldn’t even post a message on their social media, what makes you think it will be better during the World Cup? If they have to IR will confiscate all devices and station a guard outside each players room.
    Convincing TM to boycott or refuse to go to WC won’t do anything. Convince the Artesh to come out of their barracks and bases to protect the public. Anything else isn’t going to have any effect. It’s going to be the 2009 green movement all over again.

Comment

Can someone point to me video of protestors in Iran chanting slogans against Team Melli?

Because to me it seems like that this boycotting TM none sense is something only diaspora Iranians seem to be obsessed with.

To me it seem like this is another thing in a long list of things (Sanctions, some unelected chubby guy from L.A ruling them, etc...) diaspora Iranians claim people in Iran want, which they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        Can someone point to me video of protestors in Iran chanting slogans against Team Melli?

Because to me it seems like that this boycotting TM none sense is something only diaspora Iranians seem to be obsessed with.

To me it seem like this is another thing in a long list of things (Sanctions, some unelected chubby guy from L.A ruling them, etc...) diaspora Iranians claim people in Iran want, which they don't.
        My thoughts exactly. Amazing how against Iran some of the diaspora are. Getting FIFA to ban TM is only going to strengthen the government and turn Iran more and more into a hermit nation. This is something the Iranian public, in Iran need to decide. If TM players decide they don’t want to play and make a stand, it’s up to them. No one from outside of Iran should be banging the drums and trying to get TM banned.

Comment

i don't think many/any people here want TM to be banned from the world cup.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm just worried about the lack of empathy here towards someone like Hamed Esmaeelion.

I hope to see TM play in November/December in the context of a free Iran

Comment

Instead of criticizing the Team Melli players we should be criticizing these clowns …

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjI2sXOO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Comment

این جاکش مهران رجبی رو بببنید
              https://www.instagram.com/tv/CjKaCOK...d=NGI3YWI1Y2U=

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

TM being in the World Cup enables for anti-IR chants/banners/flags for the whole world to see live. Imagine the audience outsinging the IR national anthem with something like Shervin's song...

I hope FIFA, rather than ban TM from the WC, selects one of the female referees to officiate all or at least one of our games - that would be a punch to the gut of IR...

Comment

Shoja khalilzad published a post on Instagram supporting Shervin Hajipour and Hossein Mahini.

https://www.bartarinha.ir/%D8%A8%D8%...8C%D9%86%DB%8C

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Also Ghaedi, Taremi, Ghafouri, Gholami, Karimi and Mahdavikia have posted support for Mahini and or called for his release.

https://dailyfootball.tv/131466/reac...ossein-mahini/

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        i don't think many/any people here want TM to be banned from the world cup.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm just worried about the lack of empathy here towards someone like Hamed Esmaeelion.

I hope to see TM play in November/December in the context of a free Iran
                        I don't think for a second people lack empathy for Mr. Esmaelion. But I do feel attacks against TM are misguided. Might as well attack all the international iranian students in Canada and elsewhere. How would that go down? They seem to be targeting the very people who can be and likely will continue to be a beacon for their messages and pain.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Comment

scumbag was the only pp player not to wear a black wristband.

He isn't Iranian to me.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              Unfortunately that is the unofficial Esteghlal fan page. Official Esteghlal and Persepolis accounts don't have anything for Mahini.

Comment

who? torabi? sorry i don't follow iranian domestic football.
                                you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X