Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada should be disqualified from hosting the WC 2026 for mixing politics and sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada should be disqualified from hosting the WC 2026 for mixing politics and sports

All,

Though it may not get far, can somebody please put together a petition or show me how I could do one to voice all of our concerns to FIFA regarding Canada's politics resulting in the Iran game being cancelled? What is to stop them from doing this again in 2026?

Host cities are being picked mid June and we need to act fast at least to voice our concerns.

Russia got banned from all sports. It's been mixed non-stop lately

Comment

I appreciate your effort but since the Ukraine war, it should be clear to everyone that only the Western countries are allowed to declare good and evil. FIFA is the puppet of the West. A petition is only useful if you want to ban countries like Russia, North Korea, Iran, China and everyone else that is disliked by the US & Europe.

Comment

It just such bullshit. They want Iran to play Israel and ban Iran when they withdraw for political reason but go and do the exact same thing against Iran by mixing politics.

Western hypocrisy at its finest.

There should be sever consequences for Canada and their hosting rights for the next world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
          It just such bullshit. They want Iran to play Israel and ban Iran when they withdraw for political reason but go and do the exact same thing against Iran by mixing politics.

Western hypocrisy at its finest.

There should be sever consequences for Canada and their hosting rights for the next world cup.
          The biggest factor of this cancellation is the fact that Iran never actually apologized for the plane incident and just blamed US (again). A solemn apology and compensation to the victims would've gone a long way, and now these people will hang on to this for endless years to come

Comment

^^

Did the US apologize for downing the Iranian flight during the Iran-Iraq war or did they give the guy responsible a medal? If forcing a government of a nation to apologize in order to let their national team play then the US should not be allowed to ever compete in any sporting event for all of the crimes they have committed and all the blood on their hands.

Team meli doesn't control the regime. Team meli cant force the regime to settle/pay for the tragedy you refer to. Therefore team meli should not be deprived.

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
              ^^

Did the US apologize for downing the Iranian flight during the Iran-Iraq war or did they give the guy responsible a medal? If forcing a government of a nation to apologize in order to let their national team play then the US should not be allowed to ever compete in any sporting event for all of the crimes they have committed and all the blood on their hands.

Team meli doesn't control the regime. Team meli cant force the regime to settle/pay for the tragedy you refer to. Therefore team meli should not be deprived.
              Not only that. Both countries lied. Usa claimed an erroneous flight bath and sending repeated warnings...all proven false but they stuck to that story cause as Reagan said he will never apologize for USA. To be fair both events seem ironically similar.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Unfotunately for USMNT, they will have to face the wrath of Team Melli. Especially if U.S. politics somehow interfered.

Let's make something clear here. USMNT, Iran is no Algeria and this ain't South Africa 2010 lol. Whether or not our boys have the best preparation, our team is going to the 2022 FIFA World Cup to get to the knockout stages. And on Matchday 3, our boys will play their hearts out against USMNT.

Football is not political. But Team Melli has not forgotten sanctions, has not forgotten Nike, won't forget this interference (if there was political interference from the U.S.), they will use these situations to fuel their flame when they face the inexperienced mega stars of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                  Unfotunately for USMNT, they will have to face the wrath of Team Melli. Especially if U.S. politics somehow interfered.

Let's make something clear here. USMNT, Iran is no Algeria and this ain't South Africa 2010 lol. Whether or not our boys have the best preparation, our team is going to the 2022 FIFA World Cup to get to the knockout stages. And on Matchday 3, our boys will play their hearts out against USMNT.

Football is not political. But Team Melli has not forgotten sanctions, has not forgotten Nike, won't forget this interference (if there was political interference from the U.S.), they will use these situations to fuel their flame when they face the inexperienced mega stars of the United States.
                  Nesfe team vaghti footbaal raa tark mikonan miran Los Angeles.
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                    Nesfe team vaghti footbaal raa tark mikonan miran Los Angeles.
                    Not sure what point you're trying to make with this. What does half of the team moving to L.A. after retirement have to do with my post? Our football team will still play their heart out against the U.S.. Whether under i.r. or imperial Iran. Never said they're playing for i.r.. But they'll use the unfortunate circumstances that i.r./U.S. politics created for our sports to fuel their flame. There's nothing wrong with doing that.

Comment

Not sure what point you're trying to make with this. What does half of the team moving to L.A. after retirement have to do with my post? Our football team will still play their heart out against the U.S.. Whether under i.r. or imperial Iran. Never said they're playing for i.r.. But they'll use the unfortunate circumstances that i.r./U.S. politics created for our sports to fuel their flame. There's nothing wrong with doing that.
                      Dooste man.

Man bayad begam ke aslan fekr nemikonam injoori baashe.

Man fekr mikonam bachehaaye TM, (joz Torabie ANTAR ke baraye FARMANDE baazi mikone) doost darand baraye mellate Iran HAR BAAZI ke hast bebarand,

on ham ba yek angize, hala baa teame mellie bogandooye Felestin baazi konand ya ba sheitane Amrikaayi.

Aslan fekr nemikonam dar zehneshoon in baashe ke darand ba yek doshman baazi mikonand vaghti roberooye Amrika mi-istand.

Chera? Chon midonand ke agar injoori fekr konand khodeshoon BAAZICHEYE jomhoorie eslaami mishand. ("Marg bar Amrika va...")

AGAR ma yek do'late BE RAASTI ZEDDE-IMPERIALIST daashtim, fekr mikonam bachehaaye TM in jomb o joosh raa hess mikardan.

Amma ye mosht akhond o arteshiye shieye gozooye khonkhaar daarim.

Ettefaghan fekr mikonam bazikonhaa tarjih midan ba yek teami manande Argentina ya Uruguay baazi konaand ta ba Amrika va hamash

propaganda az har do taraf beshnavand.
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                        Dooste man.

Man bayad begam ke aslan fekr nemikonam injoori baashe.

Man fekr mikonam bachehaaye TM, (joz Torabie ANTAR ke baraye FARMANDE baazi mikone) doost darand baraye mellate Iran HAR BAAZI ke hast bebarand,

on ham ba yek angize, hala baa teame mellie bogandooye Felestin baazi konand ya ba sheitane Amrikaayi.

Aslan fekr nemikonam dar zehneshoon in baashe ke darand ba yek doshman baazi mikonand vaghti roberooye Amrika mi-istand.

Chera? Chon midonand ke agar injoori fekr konand khodeshoon BAAZICHEYE jomhoorie eslaami mishand. ("Marg bar Amrika va...")

AGAR ma yek do'late BE RAASTI ZEDDE-IMPERIALIST daashtim, fekr mikonam bachehaaye TM in jomb o joosh raa hess mikardan.

Amma ye mosht akhond o arteshiye shieye gozooye khonkhaar daarim.

Ettefaghan fekr mikonam bazikonhaa tarjih midan ba yek teami manande Argentina ya Uruguay baazi konaand ta ba Amrika va hamash

propaganda az har do taraf beshnavand.
                        Ardalan jan, whether or not our boys are for i.r. or not they can still use that energy to their advantage against USMNT. I'm not saying go to war and make it political. Our boys will be focused on the task at hand which is to get 3 points from each match. You're right, more than half actually don't gaf about this. Everyone will be playing for Mellate Iran and for Iranian people. What I mean is they can use the annoyance caused by politics to their advantage. Whether they like it or not, politics created a rivalry. Many of our players/staff have paid for Team Melli's expenses in the past due to sanctions. Using that type of energy to fuel their flame can work for us. Not saying they should or they will. That's all I meant with what I said.

Comment

Ardalan jan, whether or not our boys are for i.r. or not they can still use that energy to their advantage against USMNT. I'm not saying go to war and make it political. Our boys will be focused on the task at hand which is to get 3 points from each match. You're right, more than half actually don't gaf about this. Everyone will be playing for Mellate Iran and for Iranian people. What I mean is they can use the annoyance caused by politics to their advantage. Whether they like it or not, politics created a rivalry. Many of our players/staff have paid for Team Melli's expenses in the past due to sanctions. Using that type of energy to fuel their flame can work for us. Not saying they should or they will. That's all I meant with what I said.
                          Man ke omdivaram yek emtiyaaz az Engelestan begirim va Amrika raa bebarim. Amma Khamenei bayad dahanesho bebande. Akhonde sag-mazhab.

Agar ham ba Engelestan baakhtim omidvaram Argentina dar marhaleye badi bezane koneshoono paareh kone, chon az team mellie Engelestan khosham nemiyad.

Az 1966 hich chizi nabordan va ta ma zende hastim ham chizi nakhand bord. "It's coming home"... joone ammeye zeshteshoon.
                          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Forget 2026. Canada football team should be banned from this WC for obvious and blatant government interference.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                              Forget 2026. Canada football team should be banned from this WC for obvious and blatant government interference.
                              Is anyone even bringing this to FIFA attention? Or are these disciplinary details only for African, Asian, and S. American sides?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                              X