Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friendly: Canada - Iran; Info, Updates and Live Reports (05.06.2022)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it wont get cancelled (for selfish reasons).

I have always been a huge supporter of Team Melli, and I used to live in Canada. A lot of my Canadian friends know the Iranian team well because I introduced them to all the players (they know the players all the way from Ali Daei / Karimi to Azmoun / Taremi). They are almost as excited as I am to come to the game and for us to all experience this together. This will be a once in a lifetime experience for me, I am flying out form California and spent a lot of money to come too.

Sports and politics should always be separate, and I hope it will continue forward without more issues.
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Comment

The “human rights” crowd going nuts in the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          The “human rights” crowd going nuts in the comment.
          its the same 6 people. One of them commented like 8 times. These people are so irrelevant and pathetic in their actual life they try to gain clout through internet spam.

Dont see the friendly that is crucial to both teams WC preparation, will bring in millions for canadian fa, and has already sold 55k tickets including to many who already booked travel/accomodations in vancouver being cancelled bc "mooniter" on twitter was having her 1000th temper tantrum of the week

By the way, some of these keep parroting this talking point that IRGC "commanders" are travelling with the team for the friendly. When asked who these high ranking "commanders" are, they have responded "SARDAR AZMOUN" This is the level of intelligence we are dealing with...I guess some nobody in irgc has last name azmoun and is referenced with sardar in front, they think its our star player. This is type of shit you cant make up and why these people will never be taken seriously in any walk of life.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            its the same 6 people. One of them commented like 8 times. These people are so irrelevant and pathetic in their actual life they try to gain clout through internet spam.

Dont see the friendly that is crucial to both teams WC preparation, will bring in millions for canadian fa, and has already sold 55k tickets including to many who already booked travel/accomodations in vancouver being cancelled bc "mooniter" on twitter was having her 1000th temper tantrum of the week

By the way, some of these keep parroting this talking point that IRGC "commanders" are travelling with the team for the friendly. When asked who these high ranking "commanders" are, they have responded "SARDAR AZMOUN" This is the level of intelligence we are dealing with...I guess some nobody in irgc has last name azmoun and is referenced with sardar in front, they think its our star player. This is type of shit you cant make up and why these people will never be taken seriously in any walk of life.
            Lol. I saw that.
            Unfortunately some of these folks are so bikar and so loud that the media views them as representatives of the Iranian majority.
            There was another person literally complaining that instead of protesting, these 25,000 are watching football. Someone should have asked this beloved human rights champion - why don’t you go protest in front of Khavari’s house ? Or all the real estate companies that live off dirty money ?

They’re the same as akhoonds. Happiness of others makes them angry.

Comment

I should also add, the Canadian soccer association is not a rich one. They really need the money from this game badly.
              Due to Canadian soccer basically being 2nd level even in North America
              For most of the past 20 years, they lost all sorts of sponsorships and the money that comes with that. Paying Iran to play is a min investment, max return type deal for them. They need the game even more than Iran. That’s probably why the won’t cancel unless the PM’s office calls or the few sponsors they have pull out.

Comment

The way I see it, Canada are also using this game as preparation for their match against Morocco in the World Cup, given their similar playing styles. Interesting note: the US has scheduled a friendly with Morocco to prepare them for Iran, Morocco is using the US game as preparation for Canada, Iran is playing Canada as preparation for the US match, and Canada is playing Iran to prepare for Morocco.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                  The way I see it, Canada are also using this game as preparation for their match against Morocco in the World Cup, given their similar playing styles. Interesting note: the US has scheduled a friendly with Morocco to prepare them for Iran, Morocco is using the US game as preparation for Canada, Iran is playing Canada as preparation for the US match, and Canada is playing Iran to prepare for Morocco.

I'm not sure where they are getting their intel from if it's anymore than Morocco is North African and style may emulate Iran's. We don't play anything like Morocco. Their wingers ans midfield are >>> ours and our strikers >>> than theirs. They play possession, we play.... actually I don't know what to call our style..

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                    I'm not sure where they are getting their intel from if it's anymore than Morocco is North African and style may emulate Iran's. We don't play anything like Morocco. Their wingers ans midfield are >>> ours and our strikers >>> than theirs. They play possession, we play.... actually I don't know what to call our style..
                    Well, I guess they're more similar to us than say Saudi Arabia for example. If I were to compare Team Melli to another national team, it would probably be one of the North African Arab nations. Not saying we're exactly the same, but maybe about the closest you can get.

Comment

Hey bro. I am interested please if they are still available. I sent you a PM. Thank you.

Originally posted by MehdiKing View Post
                      Hey guys,
                      I have 2 extra tickets for the game against Canada and would sell it for face value only to team melli supporters.
                      Great seats in lower bowl.
                      I selected 2 seats next to each other but for some reason it shows different sections (217 and 218) I paid $85 per ticket.
                      Let me know if you are interested.
                      I didn't post it on facebook or craigslist because I KNOW THAT SCALPERS WILL BUY AND SELL THEM FOR WAY MORE.
                      If you are in Vancouver just PM me and we can meet up to transfer the tickets
                      [ATTACH]19150[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH]19151[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                        Well, I guess they're more similar to us than say Saudi Arabia for example. If I were to compare Team Melli to another national team, it would probably be one of the North African Arab nations. Not saying we're exactly the same, but maybe about the closest you can get.
                        Well, that's also one of the reason Iran has problems to arrange friendlies. Our style just don't match anything else. We are extremely physical, a bit technical and weak in team play. We are a mix of European style and oriental mindset with its typical disorganisation. No other team in Asia plays like us. We mainly focus on individuals, are rather weak in our team play and passing skills. In other words, it's quite useless to play against us as this won't really prepare our opponents to any other style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          Little do they know, this IRGC commander is actually in Mexico right now, cooking up a plan with the the cartel.

Comment

LiveScore finally added Canada vs Iran, but the time is wrong (1 pm PT instead of 4 pm PT):
                            https://www.livescore.com/en/footbal...s-iran/686310/

LiveSoccerTV lists the broadcast info:
                            https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/4...anada-vs-iran/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Pierre Poilievre (Conservative party front runner for leader), said visa applications related to this game should be rejected.

Him and Trudeau make me want to vote NDP.

Comment

To be fair to Canadian fans, most of their comments on social media, seem to be saying let's not mix politics with sports...

Comment

Working...
                                X