X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
    agreed if they want to top the team but I thought like this
    they could rotate the squad and give first 11 45-60 minutes each game, and have those needed to be tested given the rest of the time

I think at that stage, the most important is really to test the "typical" team and adjust urgently the defense, eventually by letting less space between our midfield and defensive lines.

What I've seen during qualifiers is quite worrisome. These defenders are unfocused, leave amateur holes and are too easy to pass in one on one situation against fast or technical players. Quieroz closed the gaps between lines, by parking the bus and make average defenders play focused. It worked. Let's see what Skocic has in mind but a solution is needed for this defence.

If Lebanon, Syria, UAE or South Korea need 5 opportunities to score 1, UK will need 2. These "irooni bazi" in defense will cost us expensive.

Comment

It's become clear to me, no major country is going to invite Iran to play due to the political pressure that will be applied.

Iran will have to travel to far off countries - unlikely, or host - which is also unlikely as good teams need a big fat cheque.

Thank you opportunists for giving IFF every excuse possible.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
        Update:
        According to Estili

*-Iran vs Ecuador is pending upon finding a stadium in Canada or somewhere close even if without fans.
        *-If no Ecuador, then Senegal in Azadi 12-14 June.
        *- FIFA did not approved Iran vs Rusia
        Russian athletes are getting such a raw deal. Robbed of WC and other events.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
          Update:
          According to Estili

*-Iran vs Ecuador is pending upon finding a stadium in Canada or somewhere close even if without fans.
          *-If no Ecuador, then Senegal in Azadi 12-14 June.
          *- FIFA did not approved Iran vs Rusia
          If I was IFF I would book the Senegal game immediately, and forget about Ecuador. Not worth the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            It's become clear to me, no major country is going to invite Iran to play due to the political pressure that will be applied.
            Iran will have to travel to far off countries - unlikely, or host - which is also unlikely as good teams need a big fat cheque.
            Thank you opportunists for giving IFF every excuse possible.
            Problems are mainly with places where cancel culture work. US allies and Europe only... South America, Africa and the rest of the world aren't problematic, they are mainly friends with us and don't care about political pressure.

Honesty, after what they did to these poor Russians or even Bielorussia (which didn't even do anything), i don't trust them anymore. I was the first one criticising IRI for mixing up politics and sport but these one, raised the level to the unthinkable.

They are now even talking about banning players not willing to wear rainbow pro-gay Jersey. There is actually a scandal with a PSG player. They talk about sending him to "instructions courses" and want to force him to display himself in rainbow to acknowledge that he's pro-gay.

Comment

If I was IFF I would book the Senegal game immediately, and forget about Ecuador. Not worth the hassle.
              better opponent too

Comment

Originally posted by maly3648 View Post
                Problems are mainly with places where cancel culture work. US allies and Europe only... South America, Africa and the rest of the world aren't problematic, they are mainly friends with us and don't care about political pressure.

Honesty, after what they did to these poor Russians or even Bielorussia (which didn't even do anything), i don't trust them anymore. I was the first one criticising IRI for mixing up politics and sport but these one, raised the level to the unthinkable.

They are now even talking about banning players not willing to wear rainbow pro-gay Jersey. There is actually a scandal with a PSG player. They talk about sending him to "instructions courses" and want to force him to display himself in rainbow to acknowledge that he's pro-gay.
                I am not sure if the South American or even African countries are free of such meddling.
                Remember in 2006 we lost friendlies versus Romania and Ukraine because of the unnecessary pressure Ahmadinejad had directed at the team due to his comments.

Comment

I don't like the travel back and forth yet if they can't make the Ecuador in Canada happen today then they should do Senegal in Tehran. They should use the funds they are getting from the Canadian federation to book a Stadium in Toronto. Otherwise, use the funds from Canada match to bring the Senegal team to Tehran and treat them to the best accommodations including number one practice pitch at the football center plus PEC (CQ kojaee keh yaadet bekheir) to make an impression. As a matter of fact they should be in hot pursuit of Senegal while doing their last efforts for Ecuador match in Canada. Estili should start thinking that you could be doing things in parallel

Urgency you incompetent IFF managers, URGENCY!

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                    I don't like the travel back and forth yet if they can't make the Ecuador in Canada happen today then they should do Senegal in Tehran. They should use the funds they are getting from the Canadian federation to book a Stadium in Toronto. Otherwise, use the funds from Canada match to bring the Senegal team to Tehran and treat them to the best accommodations including number one practice pitch at the football center plus PEC (CQ kojaee keh yaadet bekheir) to make an impression. As a matter of fact they should be in hot pursuit of Senegal while doing their last efforts for Ecuador match in Canada. Estili should start thinking that you could be doing things in parallel

Urgency you incompetent IFF managers, URGENCY!

Go TM!
                    Futballdoost jan, my sense is this is not a money issue anymore - rather facilities/stadiums don't want to rent out to a team that may have protestors following every where and give them bad publicity.
                    Simple as that. It's effectively a BDS campaign against Iranian football.

Comment

Futballdoost jan, my sense is this is not a money issue anymore - rather facilities/stadiums don't want to rent out to a team that may have protestors following every where and give them bad publicity.
                      Simple as that. It's effectively a BDS campaign against Iranian football.
                      smh. What a waste of effort...So you cause TM to move their football friendly to another country, lose out on the ticket/hotel/venue revenue locally from visiting fans, and make everyone around you feel disappointed (including average Iranians who are die hard football fans, and TM players who have stood up to the regime). Really great way to push your cause while directly aligning with the pro-Israel far-right neocons.

Comment

Exclusive photo of IFF official trying to secure location of Ecuador friendly

Comment

You know I never thought one month ago I would feel BAD for estili but here we are. The truth is they made some movements on prep front and organized a couple good friendlies, but he can’t also account for a population of anti-Iranian rabid, wild animals trying to damage the national team at every single turn to get their 10 mins of fame on twitter, in addition to the local population of thieves and swindlers already within the federation and sports ministry.

In the words of the great CQ, “just let our boys play football.”

Comment

I also don’t think Senegal is feasible. They have friendlies on the 10th and 14th versus Brazil and South Korea. How would Senegal play Iran in between ? Unless Senegal’s schedule is up in the air too.

*Edit: Senegal - South Korea is not 100% either. Senegal is probably negotiating with both sides. We all know we won't win that battle in terms of money. Hopefully shorter travel schedule might be more to their liking.
                            Last edited by Nokhodi; 05-20-2022, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Ali THE GOAT Daei. We are so lucky to have him.

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Sign the friendly up! Don’t wait for Ecuador! 🤦*♂️

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X