This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IranFTW View Post
    "Second round or CQ out is my new motto!", said person who was perfectly happy with one point out of six against a team that CQ never lost against for 8 years!

Beating UAE and Syria just 1-0 with the best attack in Asia was a wonder achievement that should have guaranteed a coach's contract extension. But not beating England and Wales at the World Cup would be a failure that should get the other coach fired.

Yep, nothing suspicious about these arguments at all. Just normal Iran fans with no ulterior motives.
    Same motto I applied to Skocic. I believe this team can go to 2nd round. We showed when we attack we can put teams on notice and that's what we did yesterday. Let's go for it. Now or never.

I guess you feel it's better to play for draws and 1-0 losses? Why even watch football? I assumed IranFTW was for Iran for the win...not Iran for the whatever [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Same motto I applied to Skocic. I believe this team can go to 2nd round. We showed when we attack we can put teams on notice and that's what we did yesterday. Let's go for it. Now or never.
      I guess you feel it's better to play for draws and 1-0 losses? Why even watch football? I assumed IranFTW was for Iran for the win...not Iran for the whatever [emoji849]
      No, that could not have been the same motto you had with Skocic, otherwise you could not have been possibly been happy with meager 1-0 results against teams like UAE or Syria that were having some of their worst forms in recent years. Nor would have you been so adamant on keeping Skocic for a World Cup where he would have faced much tougher opponents.

I actually like Skocic personally, but any claims the Anti-CQ camp had to opposing CQ for the love of "attaccing footbaal" went out the window when they defended Skocic like he was god's gift to beautiful football.

If you see our football at a level where you're happy with bare minimum results against 2nd rate Asian teams, if don't mind failure to beat the only Asian heavyweight we faced (which was a team we hadn't lost against for years), then it makes no sense to turn around and set the bar at beating England and Wales at the World Cup. That double standard is insane. It's obvious that your arguments against CQ are not in good faith. What the motives are is the only question.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_91 View Post
        Ramin Rezaeian isn't part of the squad anymore, no? I guess that's it for him and the WC. Say whatever you want about his personality, but I think he was one of our key fighters and best players in WC 2019.
        He is. Didn’t get his visa yet. Him and Omid N. haven’t got visas yet.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by IranFTW View Post
          No, that could not have been the same motto you had with Skocic, otherwise you could not have been possibly been happy with meager 1-0 results against teams like UAE or Syria that were having some of their worst forms in recent years. Nor would have you been so adamant on keeping Skocic for a World Cup where he would have faced much tougher opponents.

I actually like Skocic personally, but any claims the Anti-CQ camp had to opposing CQ for the love of "attaccing footbaal" went out the window when they defended Skocic like he was god's gift to beautiful football.

If you see our football at a level where you're happy with bare minimum results against 2nd rate Asian teams, if don't mind failure to beat the only Asian heavyweight we faced (which was a team we hadn't lost against for years), then it makes no sense to turn around and set the bar at beating England and Wales at the World Cup. That double standard is insane. It's obvious that your arguments against CQ are not in good faith. What the motives are is the only question.
          You dont read posts do you? I give up as you seem to have an agenda...

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

min 71 , Senegal up by 2

HesGoal.Com Sports News

Comment

You dont read posts do you? I give up as you seem to have an agenda...
              LMAO. Yeah. "I" have an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                min 71 , Senegal up by 2

HesGoal.Com Sports News
                Bolivia didn't seem to have a game plan. They just
                looked like had come to play some football and get paid and go home.
                Still Senegal being the African Champions (with some cheating) can
                beat us. But I reckon with a good game plan we could beat them 2-1
                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic
                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I don't disagree but I don't think it was just CQ that made this drastic change in 2 weeks.

We played Algeria at the very end of a camp in unfavorable conditions. We suffered an injury early in that match that took all our momentum away. Players morale also likely was poor due to Canada fiasco and the coup that was already taking shape. Yes we played better against Uruguay but I don't believe it was just CQ that made that happen. He certainly had a role and deserves kudos. It's his team now and I fully support him and TM. He showed his team's can play offensively and we saw glimpse of it against Uruguay. I just want more than a glimpse.

Either way I am happy the team is gelling together especially before the WC. We need to keep rolling forward.

Second round or CQ out is my new motto!

Precisely! He was brought back with saazo dohol for the
                  reason that we have a good chance of going to the next
                  round but not with Sko and the only man who can do that
                  is CQ. So it is very resonable to say either second round or out.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
                    Bolivia didn't seem to have a game plan. They just
                    looked like had come to play some football and get paid and go home.
                    Still Senegal being the African Champions (with some cheating) can
                    beat us. But I reckon with a good game plan we could beat them 2-1
                    I actually have to say I hope we concede a goal or dont get a win. I don't want our team too confident going into the tournament, if our weaknesses are to be exposed I want that done now, not at the world cup.

Comment

Here is the full match, this YouTube channel may likely also broadcast Iran vs. Senegal.

Comment

Comment

Sun reporter told to wear hijab to interview Iran’s football team… in Austria

A SUNSPORT reporter was compelled to wear a hijab headscarf to quiz Iran’s football team after a match — in Austria.

Stunned Isabelle Barker was told she could only speak to the international squad players and manager Carlos Queiroz if her hair was covered.

A Sunsport reporter was compelled to wear a hijab headscarf to interview Iran’s football team after a match — in Austria

Stunned Isabelle Barker was told she could only speak to the international squad players and manager Carlos Queiroz if her hair was covered
                          Furious Isabelle considered staging a one-woman protest outside the team’s hotel in Vienna but, like a true professional, got on with her job.

The hijab demand came from the squad’s security staff ahead of a press conference at the hotel yesterday, the day after Iran beat Uruguay 1-0 in a friendly.

Public protests have been taking place in Iran after police allegedly beat a woman to death for wearing a headscarf the wrong way.

Isabelle said she tried to buy a hijab after the order but the shops had shut so she made one from a T-shirt.

She said of the ultimatum: “I couldn’t believe what was being asked of me and I even thought about staging my own protest. But I had a job to do so my only real option was to comply.”

England play Iran in their World Cup opener in Qatar on November 21.

Isabelle stressed that the hijab order had not come from the team’s press officer, former Man United coach Queiroz or any of the players, who include Omid Ebrahimi, “all of whom were friendly and co-operative”.

The Iranian Football Federation had earlier barred all media from reporting on *Friday’s game before making a U-turn.

Tensions ignited during the match when two fans were ejected from the NV Arena for unveiling an anti-Iran sign.

Protesters in Iran have been burning hijabs in solidarity with Mahsa Amini, 22, who died after allegedly being beaten by the nation’s morality police on September 16.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/629600...football-team/

Comment

^Lol. The hijab with a skin tight top.

Great, let's publish that photo in Iran then. The silly rules and hypocrisy. smh.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              ^Lol. The hijab with a skin tight top.

Great, let's publish that photo in Iran then. The silly rules and hypocrisy. smh.
                              I don't understand why they are forcing Islamic laws in Austria.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X