AFC Elite League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC Elite League

AFC proposal for creation new Asian super league- Elite League.
    Taskforce has been setup but no mention of Iran.

"west region taskforce will be represented by Uzbekistan"

جزئیات سوپر لیگ آسیا

WED, 30 MARCH, 2022

AFC Executive Committee outlines ambitions to further elevate elite club football

“Therefore, I am pleased to announce that we will set up the Elite Club Competition Task Force, which will be responsible for establishing the ways in which we can transform our Elite Club Football into a more attractive stage to improve technical performance, drive commercial value and excite investors to elevate our club competitions to the next level.”
    The AFC President.

The highlights of the 9th AFC Executive Committee meeting are:

• The AFC Executive Committee agreed to establish the Elite Club Competition Task Force which will comprise members from Football Australia, Chinese Football Association, Japan Football Association and the Korea Football Association in the East region.

• At the same time, the West region will be represented by members from the Qatar Football Association, Saudi Arabian Football Federation, the United Arab Emirates Football Association and the Uzbekistan Football Association.

• The Elite Club Competition Task Force will report its proposals and recommendations to the AFC Competitions Committee and subsequently to the Executive Committee in the coming months.

Let's be honest the only clubs in Asia that are run professionally are in Japan.

Saudis are close but their financing is completely skewed as they're basically playtoys for various princes.

Iranian clubs, love them, but let's not pretend there is anything elite about them in terms of management and facilities.

Comment

I guess only clubs from Qatar, Japan, China and South Korea would be part of that league.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
        I guess only clubs from Qatar, Japan, China and South Korea would be part of that league.
        I think they should create a league All Stars competition. Best players of every league face off with each other and this determines club allocation for Champions league. Let's say Japanese all stars win for example...they get 4 or 5 slots for their clubs...and so forth.

My other idea is forget clubs create a nations league to mirror Concacaf and Europe.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post

My other idea is forget clubs create a nations league to mirror Concacaf and Europe.

Not bad idea but UEFA did same and created Euro Nation League. Not so popular and welcomed in Europe. No status at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
            Not bad idea but UEFA did same and created Euro Nation League. Not so popular and welcomed in Europe. No status at all.
            And this idea would cheapen the value of the Asian Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              I think they should create a league All Stars competition. Best players of every league face off with each other and this determines club allocation for Champions league. Let's say Japanese all stars win for example...they get 4 or 5 slots for their clubs...and so forth.

Travel in Asia makes these sort of ideas very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Travel in Asia makes these sort of ideas very difficult.
                The all star thing could be done regionally. East v West then one final. No one else does league all stars. Can you imagine IPL best 11 v QSL and Korea and JLeague...then a finals.

Comment

This idea is like the same idea that they big club owners had for Europe (I forgot the name they had picked). It is an outgrowth of the US sports model that no matter what, you do not relegate, and the owners can be guaranteed a certain sum of money. It was rejected in Europe for good reason and should be rejected in Asia as well.

Champions League (whether in Asia or Europe) is the Elite competition. It should remain so, may be tinkered with a bit, but in essence it should remain a league where you would have to qualify, not be guaranteed a spot.

Will see what happens...
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

ادعای اماراتی ها؛ سوپرلیگ آسیا، بدون تیم های ایرانی؟

روزنامه الاتحاد امارات مدعی شد که طرحی برای برگزاری رقابت های سوپرلیگ آسیا روی میز مدیران ا اف سی قرار دارد.

The al-ittihad newspaper reports that iran's name is not seen among the countries participating in the campaign, but uae sports' twitter page claims that the campaigns will be held with teams from nine countries including the uae, SaudiArabia, Qatar, Uzbekistan, Iran, china, south koura, japan and Australia.

Comment

Fine with me.

Let’s get our own product to improve and not waste time on Mickey Mouse tournaments as CQ would say.

Comment

Elite club football task force to study possibility of an Asian Super League

https://old.reddit.com/r/Aleague/com...orce_to_study/

AFC sets up "Elite Club Competition Task Force"

"the West region will be represented by members from the Qatar Football Association, Saudi Arabian Football Federation, the United Arab Emirates Football Association and the Uzbekistan Football Association."

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...on_task_force/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                        X