Canada x Iran.. The Mentality difference is collosal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada x Iran.. The Mentality difference is collosal

I was born in 1988 and I never seen Canada play in the world cup in 34 years. This will be the first time. This squad has so much self belief and team spirit. At the moment they are the definition of 1 man down 1 man up, All for 1 and 1 for All. Canadian players and media legit saying Bring on Germany & Brazil, We wanna play with the best, we are coming to the world cup to make a deep run and prove to the world we belong

Ive seen Iran play 1998, 2006, 2014,2018 and now 2022, I saw Iran play Germany, Yugo, Argentina, Spain, Portugal x2.... World class teams, And we held our own and played great games actually. How is our team spirit? Lots of BS rumors and false stories circulating in the media, alot of click bait bullshit, Some guys against the coach, some guys against the center midfielders, fans just praying we avoid big teams and we get an easy group so MAYBEEEE we go to the next round, Hope we get Peru, hope we get Denmark

LOL my point is Iran been in world cup 5 times and played amazing yet we are all scared and praying for an easy group

Canada first time in world cup... Bring on Germany !
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Agreed 100%. And besides Davies and David, no one on Canada's team is as good as TM players.
    But they have self belief and give it their all despite shortcomings. They know each game is it's own game and even if odds are against them they give it their all.
    Canadian media is mostly clueless about football and they have limited fans so they're not exposed to alot of the garbage our TM is, but yeah, at the very least htey don't knock their own TM.

I remember when the draws for World Cup 2014 and 2018 took place. So many "fans" just made stupid jokes over and over about how we're going to get "soorakh" and how we might as well not show.

We're making the same dumb jokes and comments now.

THis doesn't mean teams only need to believe, they must work hard naturally - but attitude is very important.
    The Americans are very good at this and its why even with weak teams they sometimes overperform.

Comment

I hope we get Canada or USA with either England or Brazil in our group. I would like to see TM play against these teams. I believe TM would rise up to the occasion when facing any strong team as seen with Way back in 1976 against one of the favourites, Scottland and then Argentina, Spain, Portugal.
      Alas our individual mistakes always let us down.
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Canadians did a great job getting dual nationals to play for them. Even they share this openly. But as the Japanese say...the nail that stands out the most gets hit the hardest.

Herdman is the heart break coach. He over hypes and is cocky in interviews...thisnoften motivates opponents against his team. The humility and humble championship approach of the women's team only happened after his departure. We saw it against Costa Rica. The party was on and they lost. They spun it as we wanted to get it done at home. But concacaf is nothing to write home about.

I'm happy for Canada as they are my home and birth place. But in order to be the be the best you have to work hard and beat the best not just talk abiut doing it. I know they think they can beat Brazil right now but I'm worried they will be mightily embarrassed...the media keeps saying Canada is going to do x y and z...but if players lile Davies are unable to get his pre-injury form they will be in tough. They score very chaotic and flukey goals at times...often against run of play against minnows like Honduras. They are happy to sit back and in the WC teams are just another level.

On another note...I hope Canada gets pot 3...don't want to spread my loyalties between TM and Canada lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

BTW just so you all know Canada is not immune to hashiyeh and poor fan behavior. After the loss to Costa Rica fans started racists attacks against Canadian players.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/arti...to-costa-rica/

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
            I was born in 1988 and I never seen Canada play in the world cup in 34 years. This will be the first time. This squad has so much self belief and team spirit. At the moment they are the definition of 1 man down 1 man up, All for 1 and 1 for All. Canadian players and media legit saying Bring on Germany & Brazil, We wanna play with the best, we are coming to the world cup to make a deep run and prove to the world we belong

Ive seen Iran play 1998, 2006, 2014,2018 and now 2022, I saw Iran play Germany, Yugo, Argentina, Spain, Portugal x2.... World class teams, And we held our own and played great games actually. How is our team spirit? Lots of BS rumors and false stories circulating in the media, alot of click bait bullshit, Some guys against the coach, some guys against the center midfielders, fans just praying we avoid big teams and we get an easy group so MAYBEEEE we go to the next round, Hope we get Peru, hope we get Denmark

LOL my point is Iran been in world cup 5 times and played amazing yet we are all scared and praying for an easy group

Great post! Canada is a very strong and cohesive team this time. Watch their match against Costa Rica, they lost with 10 men, but man they like a pack of lions with 70 percent possession and unlucky wit woodwork on several occasions. This team has chances to go to the second round at WC.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              BTW just so you all know Canada is not immune to hashiyeh and poor fan behavior. After the loss to Costa Rica fans started racists attacks against Canadian players.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/arti...to-costa-rica/

Maybe the costa rican fans but no way canadian fans said rascist stuff to the black players
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Maybe the costa rican fans but no way canadian fans said rascist stuff to the black players
                Article seems to imply it was Canadians attacking Kaye via Social Media after his red card.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...qualifier.html

FYI this isn't limited to soccer. I've seen and heard about this in every professional sport in Canada. Just ask black NHL players about their experience and Hockey Night in Canada's say no to racism campaign.

Oh and your OP says Canada's first time...actually they were there in 1986 as well. 0 goals entire tournament. That team was hyped as well...although I fancy this squad more.

Comment

I don’t disagree with the “bring on the best mentality” and I truly admire it…..but….the big difference you’re not acknowledging is countries like Canada have this opportunity once every 4 generations whereas Iran is at the point where it’s a regular World Cup feature and we have played those top teams like Germany, Portugal, Spain, etc. and I’m not ashamed to say for once I want an easy group. We were in the group of death in 2018 no debate about it….that team would have advanced in any other group. I think this team can also if the circumstances for once are in our favor
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    I don’t disagree with the “bring on the best mentality” and I truly admire it…..but….the big difference you’re not acknowledging is countries like Canada have this opportunity once every 4 generations whereas Iran is at the point where it’s a regular World Cup feature and we have played those top teams like Germany, Portugal, Spain, etc. and I’m not ashamed to say for once I want an easy group. We were in the group of death in 2018 no debate about it….that team would have advanced in any other group. I think this team can also if the circumstances for once are in our favor
                    Agreed. Ultimately you will play the best if you advance. I want success...I don't care at who's expense.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      Article seems to imply it was Canadians attacking Kaye via Social Media after his red card.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/socce...qualifier.html

FYI this isn't limited to soccer. I've seen and heard about this in every professional sport in Canada. Just ask black NHL players about their experience and Hockey Night in Canada's say no to racism campaign.

Oh and your OP says Canada's first time...actually they were there in 1986 as well. 0 goals entire tournament. That team was hyped as well...although I fancy this squad more.

Well there are always some idiots but Canadian society in general is pretty accepting. I am a realtor and have a pure persian name, white people call me and do business with me all the time
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Well there are always some idiots but Canadian society in general is pretty accepting. I am a realtor and have a pure persian name, white people call me and do business with me all the time
                        Agreed in general! But Toronto where you are based is one of most diverse cities in the world. This may not be the same in smaller cities.

Comment

I am born and raised Canadian doctor who practices in rural Canada. Racism is rampant here. People have refused to see me based on name. We usually transfer them to my Indian colleague who has an anglo name and even then they are shocked expecting a white person...

I've worked in Western Canada and it is worse in Saskatchewan and Alberta. It's better out east...although I was called terrorist and other derogatory terms by people in New Brunswick as well.

BTW I love this country. It's given me so much. But until I left Toronto for schooling I had no clue. Just read about Atlantic Canada's systematic racism against black people that continues to some degree to this day (Africvillle) or indigenous issues out west.

Comment

The original post is about the collective national psyche of a ppl.
                            This may be true for specific nations. Especially those like Canada. But that doesnt mean we can apply the same to other nations from other regions.
                            Certainly not Iran.
                            No matter what angle you pick. These two nations cannot be compared. by any parameter.

so to use Canadians' self confidence and spirit on a country in constant turmoil, poverty ridden, under constant barrage of domestic and international stress, ... etc etc etc and most importantly, run by a regime that truly works AGAINST national interests is just ridiculous and absolutely uncalled for.
                            totally meaningless

Comment

Maybe the reason they ask for Germany is because it is their first time in the World Cup
                              “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X