Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Lebanon (Info, Updates & Live Reports)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Lebanon (Info, Updates & Live Reports)

Kick off by time zone:

Los Angeles - 4:30am
    New York/Toronto - 7:30am
    London: - 12:30pm
    Berlin - 1:30pm
    Tehran - 4:00pm
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Lebanon will be playing with their B team as more than 7-8 players on the team won't play due to covid...

Iran should play some young bucks and still get a comfortable win...

I'd go:

Abedz

Esmailifar Majid Kanaani Milad

Ezatolahi Mehdipour Amiri

Hosseinzadeh Karim Allahyar

A good mix of youth and experience should still result in a 2 or 3-0 win at home

Comment

Allahyar has to start

Comment

Once again I will be at work for the game. Would have been nice with to have Alipour and Mohebi called up with the players who have dropped out. Plus with Sardar carrying a slight knock too would have been the perfect time to give them call ups as placements.

I am guessing with ARJ flying over that he will start.

Comment

Azmoun should play zero part in this game

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
            Azmoun should play zero part in this game
            Yeah I’d probably avoid playing him too with his yellow card situation - we don’t want to start the WC without a key player like we did in 2018
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              Yeah I’d probably avoid playing him too with his yellow card situation - we don’t want to start the WC without a key player like we did in 2018
              Someone mentioned the other day that it is is only red card suspensions that carry on into the World Cup. To be fair with that as a worry I’d rest any player that we may want to start in the World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                Someone mentioned the other day that it is is only red card suspensions that carry on into the World Cup. To be fair with that as a worry I’d rest any player that we may want to start in the World Cup.
                We don't know yet. For 2018 WC, FIFA did forgive yellow cards but not red cards (e.g. Saeid missed Morocco game due to a red card two-game suspension he picked up in Korea). My guess is that they will most probably forgive all yellows picked up during the qualifiers. We shall find out soon.

I agree that we should not start Sardar. Definitely Allahyar and a younger team. Only bring in Sardar in minute 70 if we are still tied. There is a small chance Korea will tie in UAE considering a much higher motivation by UAE players.

Go TM!

Comment

My line up:

Abedz

Esmailifar Majid Kanaani Noorafkan

Ezatolahi Mehdipour Amiri

Hosseinzadeh Karim Allahyar

Skocic''s lineup:

Abedz

Moharrami Majid Kanaani Noorafkan

Mehdipour Saeid Amiri

ARJ Allahyar

Sardar

Comment

Apparently Amiri is slightly injured and only ran around the field during practice. If he doesn't start, expect Hajisafi to start again

Comment

This is an important game for Skocic and the whole coaching staff.

Korea game highlighted the fact that we have an unmitigated risk in the team which deals with Key player absentees.

It is very possible that before or during world cup we lose some key players due to injury or yellow/red cards. Coaching staff need to show if they have recognized that and what plan if any they have come with to respond to such risk.

If they are not able to demonstrate this (by fielding Haji, Amiri and the usual same old same old to just get a win), then we know this bunch is no good and we need to look for someone who can.

I am not interested to win 5-0 over Lebanon B team. I want to see how young lads are being incorporated in the team! I want to see a system/tactic that is being worked on! Cus so far there has been no tactic!

And.. someone please get this greasy Estili out of teammeli. He is nothing but trouble! He has been giving interviews more than the head coach !!! We never saw the previous guy (Khorshidi) so much in the spotlight. What the heck is this guy's mandate?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Apparently Amiri is slightly injured and only ran around the field during practice. If he doesn't start, expect Hajisafi to start again
                        I don’t know how strong esmaelifar is with his left foot but I would love to see him tried as an LB instead of RB. He is great at the fullback position in general and I’m not of the opinion that you need to be a lefty to play on the left flank. With our current crisis in both spots of the flank at this point I’d like to see the 2 best full backs play regardless if they are lefty or righty. That said to me our two best fullbacks atm is esmaelifar and hardani so hopefully at least for now Skocic gives Danial a try.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          I don’t know how strong esmaelifar is with his left foot but I would love to see him tried as an LB instead of RB. He is great at the fullback position in general and I’m not of the opinion that you need to be a lefty to play on the left flank. With our current crisis in both spots of the flank at this point I’d like to see the 2 best full backs play regardless if they are lefty or righty. That said to me our two best fullbacks atm is esmaelifar and hardani so hopefully at least for now Skocic gives Danial a try.
                          You sound very well reasoned for wanting to see Esmaelifar as a left back, but I don't know if I can handle this forum's meltdown if Skocic plays another player out of position. They will give Skocic a public hanging at meydon pahlavi.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                            You sound very well reasoned for wanting to see Esmaelifar as a left back, but I don't know if I can handle this forum's meltdown if Skocic plays another player out of position. They will give Skocic a public hanging at meydon pahlavi.

Skocic is lucky
                            Game is in mashad.
                            People are so happy game is there
                            No one care about anything
                            A victory and skocic will walk out of mashad
                            As hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              Lol I see why you believe that but esmaelifar is actually one of the guys many were complaining why Skocic didn’t use so if they called for the hanging at meydon pahlavi bc he used him as LB instead of RB then even I as a Skocic critic would come to his defense happily I think he should go with a main lineup like he did vs SK I just hope for once he tries to address some weaknesses by giving the right guys a chance. At this point if he cannot identify noorafkan as the team’s biggest weak point then he truly is blind.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                              X