No announcement yet.

Who is the alternative to Skocic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not the biggest fan of Skokic, but he is getting results which that is all that matters.
    It's also risky to make a change now and bring someone new to get acclimated to the team.

I would ride Skokic until the end of the WC and then see where we are at.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Just want to point out that the argument Skocic is a no name coach should be put to bed. With TM he created a name, one in the record books of footballing history. By Asian standards he is a trailblazer leading the #1 ranked team. Both he and TM have mutually benefitted. He is no longer a no name coach. If he was a no name coach when hired I think it is fair to say those days are gone. Our expectations of him should also rise.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
      Yes, he was a no-name coach, and now he is in the history books.

- Best ever record as a TM coach.
      - Sitting on the top of the group. On the road to easy qualification.
      - Beating Arab teams left and right.

No wonder the anti-Iran / anti- TM mafia is squirming!!!

So, I would say we got a hell of a deal. For once the incompetence of IFF benefitted us.
      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Unfortunately with this Skocic situation I see warning signs of WC 2006 with Branko.

Sure he's winning but can he hold the team together?

Is this going to be another extremely talented TM that implodes due to lack of leadership? These are the real concerns imo.

Also let's not pretend that he couldn't be replaced tomorrow if IFF wanted to with at best a vatani coach. There is precedent there just look at WC 98.

The gol bezan guys made an extremely valid point yesterday on the post match chat. Skocic is getting paid in TOMANS.... The IFF is supposedly broke (IR could fix this in a snap but not gonna happen) so there really isn't an option outside of what we got based on money.

Skocic is not going anywhere, but personally I would not be surprised if IFF pulled the rug out from under him and let Bagheri lead this team in the WC.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
          Unfortunately with this Skocic situation I see warning signs of WC 2006 with Branko.

Is this going to be another extremely talented TM that implodes due to lack of leadership? These are the real concerns imo.

Also let's not pretend that he couldn't be replaced tomorrow if IFF wanted to with at best a vatani coach. There is precedent there just look at WC 98.

The gol bezan guys made an extremely valid point yesterday on the post match chat. Skocic is getting paid in TOMANS.... The IFF is supposedly broke (IR could fix this in a snap but not gonna happen) so there really isn't an option outside of what we got based on money.

Skocic is not going anywhere, but personally I would not be surprised if IFF pulled the rug out from under him and let Bagheri lead this team in the WC.

The thing is someone is doing something right on short term now. But who is it? The player or the coach?

But guys what about long term? It doesn’t matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
            The thing is someone is doing something right on short term now. But who is it? The player or the coach?

But guys what about long term? It doesn’t matter?
            Definitely matters!

But I also think the train has left the station. Skocic will not be replaced by anyone better than a Vatani coach. And that Vatani coach would take the team post WC qualification.

Comment

I disagree with the "Iranian coaches refused to help TM when TM needed help" story line.
              IF any of them were offered the job, they probably saw that IFF will throw them under the bus, or that their salary was something ridiculously low. Both of which are completely valid reasons not to take the job.

I think what's much more likely to have happened is that IFF just wanted to pick someone foreign because of the public criticism that an Iranian coach would attract, much like the premise you've laid out here.

Why do we need a foreign coach? I would actually say that we should ban any foreign coaches from being hired into being the Manager, you can bring in a goalie coach who's not Iranian, or a defense coach or whatever, but not a head coach from now on.

Iran has an infrastructure problem in football that won't be solved until we stop buying foreign players and coaches (for money laundering purposes too of course). Doesn't make sense.
              Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
              محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
              - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post

Fortunately the egos are much more manageable with this team than the likes of AK8, Daei, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                  the question you're posing is set up to lead to the answer you want. i understand your point. but i disagree with the premise. finding a solid head coach is always an uphill battle for us. but today, compared to 6 months ago, when not even yahya or ghalenoi would touch us, we're a top-20 national team that's a shoe-in to the world cup. sanctions and all the usual BS aside, I think the TM job is pretty sexy now. i think a lot of higher profile coaches would take this assignment now...1 year project to lead a solid team with star players to the world cup. i think it's possible. at this point though it would take 2-3 bad results in a row to generate the momentum to fire skocic. that's not going to happen. it has to either happen NOW or never. too risky to bring a new coach in 3-4 months before the world cup.

whether we "can", though, is different than whether we "should". I think we can, but i don't think we "should". even if we can get a marginally better coach, what's the point? you're not getting another CQ-level coach...so is it really worth the instability, change in coaching staffs, etc to get a slightly better coach who's unfamiliar with iran?

answer's no. like it or not, skocic is here to stay. i don't see a scenario where we out him, largely because there aren't enough opportunities left for him to screw up. the reason he was so emotional today is because he knew that losing to lebanon could be the excuse his detractors needed to oust him. he's past that....so what are you going to do? fire a head coach who's already qualified you to the WC with great resuls when you have 7-8 months left before the tournament? doesn't make sense and won't happen.

if we really had a chance to get renard or get cq back....then it's a huge shame that we didn't. but the ship has sailed and we have to face the reality that we're going to qualify to the WC but most likely not advance past the group stage. it is what it is...enjoy the ride.
                  similar thoughts for me as well..!

couple related points
                  i'll become more fan of his continued leadership if he manages the followings:
                  bring Mehdi back into TM mix w/o the two of them losing face and causing further TM damaging distractions..! take a somewhat leadership role in forcing IFF to address the recent grievances brought up by his entire squad yesterday in SM..! That would go a long way towards him earning their respect and full following ..!
                  next i want to see him intro and bed-in new young, promising talents into current TM mix... especially in positions which are currently short on quality depth..! LB, CM, CD..?
                  after hopefully next victory vs Syria, i want to see him becoming bit more experimental with his usual starters gradually and use those still challenging remaining games to find out which players are best ready to push his usual starters for minutes..! Also as this COVID threat fades gradually in the region, i would like to see him become more demanding of challenging Friendlies vs decent teams especially from other continents (hopefully a handful of games vs other likely WC Participants...!)
                  i read somewhere that Teams in WCqualifying, get $2mil from fifa and once qualified to the Final 32, further 10 mil USD will be rewarded .... another 12mil if we get outa group stage..!!
                  i suspect even with sanctions difficulties, those Sum$$ eventually make it down to IR from FIFA, whether IFF get a big $niff at it though remains questionable ..?

Comment

Good points have been raised.

Short-term: don’t do anything.
                    Long-term: work on infrastructure or backbone of our Team(s), all of them including women teams.

Because of illegal sanctions imposed on us which violate United Nations, IAEA, NPT, and MANY international accords for a member country of these organizations, odds are against us.
                    (1) Iranians should unite and support their country (not necessarily their governments).
                    (2) Invest or work in Iran, we need experiences of many of our people.
                    (3) Be proud of our history where 3,000 years ago sixty percent of world population lived in Iranian territories.
                    (4) Protect our heritage. We have MANY things to be proud of them, e.g., our food, our literature, etc.

By going to WC, we will make money. Use 50% or more of that money for football infrastructure.

Stand up to our rights. Hire a legal team to go after abuses against us by AFC, for example. I am willing to pay into funds to start a legal team. Since account will be in Western countries, illegal sanctions won’t affect our contributions.

Put your money into action. Look at successful countries that control MSM(Main Stream Media).
                    There are millions of Blue and Red fans in and outside of Iran. Let us pay the salaries of people such as Stramachoni who was hired by a Qatari team.

Be active, write letters, participate and care for what is good for our teams and country.
                    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

AIrani jan, I was going to make the exact point. By going to WC, Iran will receive $9.5M ($8M prize and $1.5M expense compensation) and will receive another $4M if we make it to the round of 16. Given that Skocic makes peanuts and in Rial, take this money and make 8 soccer fields similar to an American high school football field with some bleachers and artificial grass for low maintenance in eight different cities in Iran. This will do more for the future of Iranian soccer than almost anything.

Also, don't expect Skocic to stand up to anyone as I have said before. Skocic is on a short leash and is just trying to survive. CQ stood up to IFF and everyone because he had a $2M/year contract for 4 years guaranteed, so if someone didn't like what he said and wanted to fire him, he would walk away with $8M. Skocic obviously doesn't have that.

Comment

^ almost all of which will be sent to Hamas in palestine, Hezbollah in lebanon, Houthis in yemen, Hashdolshaabi in Iraq (what's with this H-fetish of IR?). We dont even have to speculate. we KNOW for sure that's going to happen.
                        So lets not hold our breaths waiting for sensible work done once we get the $$

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                        Cmon maan, I have to agree with Raminangeles2000s posts first lines.
                        you aer giving out serious Donald Trump vibes here in this thread.
                        ignoring suggestions that doesnt fit your oppinion, mocking some but ignoring whats written in the posts.
                        the idea of the thread, if it was neutral was nice. that why i posted in it, but now i se its just another unserious thread set up to lead to your answers. and when it not..................

It's not for me to ignore or accept these suggestions
                        Pitch these suggestions to those who CAN do something about hiring these suggested coaches.
                        My point is when some fans say he is not good, I ask whom do they have in mind that makes him a REALISTIC candidate for TM?

It is one thing to simply rattle off some names. It is another to see IFF accept to call them, prepare the funds to hire them and then convince them to come to Iran. a very wide chasm between the two.
                        for you it is that german chap. great.... even if he's not too much higher than what we have.
                        More power to you and him, if it does happen.
                        But Will he come? Will he agree with the fees and salary?
                        Can you get in touch with him?
                        is there someone wit contacts at IFF to make your suggestion to them?

If yes, then we're all behind you and support your efforts to elevate the coaching quotient at TM. We all benefit.

But if the answer is no, then we shd stop this unnecessary and pointless whining of the obvious "He's a no-name coach and TM deserves far better". agreed?

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          Just want to point out that the argument Skocic is a no name coach should be put to bed. With TM he created a name, one in the record books of footballing history. By Asian standards he is a trailblazer leading the #1 ranked team. Both he and TM have mutually benefitted. He is no longer a no name coach. If he was a no name coach when hired I think it is fair to say those days are gone. Our expectations of him should also rise.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

true.
                          But to be realistic, I also would say he is a no name coach. Even now, in the overall context of football coaching world.
                          I also agree to have a better chance of advancing to 2nd stage, if the right conditions and draw present themselves, then I'd feel more confident of achieving this feat with someone like Zidane or Enrique or ... than the likes of Skocic.
                          Sure. Absolutely.
                          Nobody is denying this. Not those who dont want skocic, nor those who are supporting him.

But the whole point of this thread is to face the reality.
                          1) Or at least for someone to give us the marvelous news like "Hey, I know coach XXXX and have got in touch with him and explained our situation and he has actually accepted" (a very improbable scenario I'm sure we all agree)

2) So the next best thing is to come up with the right names. Somehow get in touch with the IFF idiots (coz they cant do shit by themselves) and somehow wangle things so they get in touch with him and offer him the job.

3) and finally, the third option is wait for the IFF morons to do this all by themselves and get in touch with Mr. right and convince him.

outside of these 3 scenarios, I dont see this coach change happening.
                          So why are we constantly repeating the obvious that "he's no name and we need bigger coaches"?????
                          what is that serving?
                          merely venting? What else? What more?

Comment

I see no alternative for Skocic at this time. Those top coachs if they do well is because they have the best players at their service with turmendeus financial and staff support. Remember we had one of those coaches before Skocic and he was the Belgium national coach who nearly won the World Cup. But his presence as our TM coach was so bad and disastrous that we were about to get kick out of the competitions at an early stage. It was Skocic a simple unknown coach who showed up for nowhere and took the helm of TM and save our ars. We should be Thankful to have Skocic as our TM coach at the present time with proven positive results.

Comment

I doubt we can keep Skocic for much longer.
                              The statement from the players shows there is a divide in the team,
                              Skocic either had no knowledge of that statement or he does not want to back the players either way it looks like they are not on the same page.
                              The more serious part is when azmoun signaled to the bench to calm down, I think he shouted coach, hey, calm, time.
                              here is the video:
                              youtu.be/9kKIIqDePR8?t=7220
                              Looks like the coach didn't believe they can win the game while azamoun thought he still has a chance.
                              The coach should've been the one to push the players to another goal to seal the match
                              My feeling is if the coach doesn't change then we will end up like france team in 2010 world cup
                              sigpic

Comment

I think the main problem isn't the coach but that we lack some quality and reliable players in some position.
                                We thought players like beiro, majid, milmo were reliable but can be really deceiving with TM

Comment

Working...
                                X