No announcement yet.

Iran vs Lebanon Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gholizadeh needs to be used as a sub after 70 mins. He’s quick and fresh legs at that stage of the game will help. He’s not reliable enough to start and play 90 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      Shocked no one has made this thread so far haha. Had to go to work but now I have some down time to make my infamous post match ratings

Skocic: 5.5

They started out hot and should have been more clinical and scored. You can't really blame Skocic for the goal we conceded.. Pure joke concentration from Beiranvand and Moharrami in the back. Skocic bringing Amiri in the midfield was his best tactical decision and it paid dividends. Skocic knows that Taremi is needed for his pure offensive powerforce style of play to work in the future though... Skocic needs to stop playing Amiri at LB and put him in the midfield where he belongs.

Beiranvand: 4, just an awful game from Beiranvand. Wasn't asked to do anything and still f*cked up! Twice! How could he not track that ball on the goal we conceded is laughable... His Mirzapour esque sooti was also a joke. His form for Antwerp and Boavista hasn't been good. I've been patient, but it's Abedzadeh Jr's time

Amiri: 8 MOTM. Amiri was my MOTM. He is an outright engine.. Crazy to think this guy is being wasted at left back...Both goals came from his hustle. So underrated.

Shoja: 6, didn't really do much but I noticed worse passing and more turnovers from Shoja than from Kanaani.. This has been recurrent in the last few weeks.

Kanaani: 7, better than Shoja. Nearly had an assist to ARJ from a beautiful long ball

Moharrami: 6.5, good defending, great going forward, but awful defensive positioning.. Goal conceded was partly on him. Also got sloppy late in the game

Ezatolahi: 7.5, very technical and probably our best player in the first half. He is so crucial to this team.. His only drawback is lack of pace and stamina which if he improves on would help us so much

Nourollahi: 7.5, What a goal!!! Clutch Ahmad! I honestly thought he was slow all game but hey when you score game winners you deserve higher ratings. His goal made me give him a 7.5 instead of a 6

Ghoddos: 5.5, I love Ghoddos but he was simply just not good today.. Turnovers and weak dribbling attempts. At least he had a few good visionary passes but team melli started playing a lot better once he was subbed out

Gholizadeh: 5, Ali Turnoverzadeh was a big liability today... I swear this guy reminds me so much of Shojaei with his poor giveaways and wasted chances. It's really a shame because he's been so good for club!!

Jahanbakhsh: 7, thought today was one of his good games. He had a few shots that if not deflected, would've been banger goals. Just wish he was faster tbh...

Azmoun: 8, decent holdup play and a stunning one touch goal! This guy when he gets his chances is super clinical and I can't wait to see him in a better league!

SUBS:

Milad: 7, decent energy off the bench. His pace was missed..

Allahyar: 7, looked fresh and hungry coming off the bench! Can't wait to see more!

Karim: N/A

Summary and takeaways:

-Skocic and Taremi need to drop the BS. A focused team melli with Taremi will allow us to play much better than we did today.

-Not seeing too many people give props to Lebanon, but wow.. I think a lot of people need to realize this Lebanon defense is REALLY GOOD... Seriously huge shoutout to their back 4

-Amir Abedzadeh needs his chance to start

-Happy that Allahyar got some playing time
      Spot on! I agree with the ratings 100%!
      I want to add that we need to really improve our set pieces/corners. I've noticed too many games where we have ineffective corners.

I would like to see Ghayedi/Allayar feature more instead of Gholizadeh.. I think Gholi would be a great 2nd half sub along with Ghoddos..
      I think Skokic will go back to Noorafkan or Mohammadi at LB in the Syria and bring Amiri up to midfield but he's done this two games in a row now.

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
        Gholizadeh needs to be used as a sub after 70 mins. He’s quick and fresh legs at that stage of the game will help. He’s not reliable enough to start and play 90 minutes
        I agree 100%. The same with Ghoddos. He's always performed better as a 2nd half sub.

Comment

Btw is AJ out vs. Syria next week? If yes, who else are out?

Comment

The wind was hurting our play much more than the Lebanese, because we have better technical players. Mistake for the coach not to ask players to play the ball on the ground, including corner kicks. We just gave up our technical advantage with the stupid crosses and long balls.

Comment

Beiranvand: 1 - Say it with me: "Club form matters". He's not been a good since his transfer to Antwerp. Takes unnecessary risks, makes mind-boggling decisions, positioning is off, reflexes aren't what they used to be. No doubt that he can eventually get back to his 2018 form, but right now, he ain't it. Especially when you have a Goalie like Amir on the bench.

Amiri: 8 - Both Goals were created because of his hustle. Also had some really nice runs on the left flank in the first.

Kanaani: 6 - He's actually decent. No major flaws, but also didn't really have much to do defensively.

Khalilzadeh: 5 - Not built for this. poor decisions with his passes.

Moharrami: 5 - That's two games now that his poor position contributed to the opponent scoring. Did well on his defensive duels.

Ezatolahi: 7 - Slow, but very good. smart passes, nice dibbles, and positioned well defensively.

Nourollahi: 5 - Poor decision making with passes. Not involved enough on defence.

Ghoddos: 4 - Looked lost at times, and couldn't hold on to the ball.

Gholizadeh: 4 - Sloppy, dwelled on the ball too much, not doing enough on defence.

Jahanbakhsh: 6 - Our main threat in the first half. did very good defensively. Made smart passes. fell off a bit in the second, and kept trying to cross the ball in the air in wind conditions not suited for that.

Azmoun: 6 - invisible and sloppy first half. couple of shots which he should have scored in the second. Would be a 5 if not for the late goal.

Mohammadi: 6 - Did okay. No major mistakes.

Allahyar: 6 - Hustled hard. At times a bit too much. Overall impressed. Should have been on earlier for Gholizadeh

Ansarifard: N/A

Skocic: 4 - Man's been in charge for 15 matches and his team still look like a group of randos who just met at the parking lot before the match. I Don't understand how he can see the wind conditions of the match and tell his players to play off sides and cross the ball in. I don't think either team had a on target cross because of the conditions. No coincidence that both of our goals came from narrow play in the middle of the field. He needed to tell the players to do that from at least the start of the 2nd half. Also man's getting in fights in the sideline wasting precious time after we scored the tie. Between this and his decisions in the last 20 minutes or so of the Korea match, it's clear that Skocic is playing not to lose, rather than playing to win. It's players are doing the hard work of trying to win.

Only thing he did right was moving Amiri to the midfield... which is where he should have started the match to begin with.

Comment

Overall one of the worst tactical performances I saw ever from TM. We had no idea but spamming crosses, most of which we didnt even get near to.
                In the whole game of 21 shots we only had 3-4 clear cut chances. (azmoun saved shot, gholi chance, 2 goals)
                The team struggles to create consistently good openings or develop/maintain possession. There is a huge hole at LB that skocic after 12 games didnt solve, he keeps removing the most consistent midfielder from the weak midfield zone and putting him at LB, every game realizes we struggle and then puts him back to midfield and subs on a LB. Strange reasoning.

Beiro - 4. Zoned out for the goal, one really bad nonchalant moment with his feet.

Moharrami - 6. Actually ok today, good work beating his man down the line to start some attacks, push team forward. Defensively solid (although I guess the goal was combo of him and beiro)

Kanani - 6. Also not bad. Was decent in possession, one really nice ball for ARJ. Not really tested a lot.

Shoja - 5. Weak in possession. Lot of turnovers. Unlike him.

Amiri - 8. He had a weak first half but man turned it on in last 20 mins with that iron lung of his. Drove team forward when added to mid zone. He is not a left back and is wasted there. Skocic needs to settle on somebody else for LB.

Ezatolahi - 6. Not his best game, slow to 50/50s, couple unnecessary fouls, didnt show passing range of previous games. But still not terrible.

Ghoddos - 5. He tried to be energetic, work to win ball back, etc but actually with the ball was his issue tonight. Too many turnovers and bad decisions, which is totally unlike him. Its clear he doesnt feel trust from headcoach (even feels more trust from somebody like Frank). He needs 3-4 full games to get in sync with team, recognize tactical adjustments he needs to make to play in these weird games. He was great vs bahrain and iraq and totally changed those matches so he can definitely do it. And long term he is only viable solution to our midfield creativity and possession issues, maybe besides Yasin.

Nourollahi - 6.5. The +1.5 is for the goal. Or else he was horrible too. So many bad turnovers, multiple times just lofting totally aimless balls either out of play or to lebanese defense. He has zero technical awareness or ability. Strong finish though and thats good part of his game, arriving late in box and good shooter.

Gholizadeh - 6.5 First half mainly anonymous but starting making some inroads in second half. Was involved in second goal with well weighted 1-2. Also nice play for sardars saved shot. but Another whose potential skocic has failed to maximize at all.

ARJ - 6. Like gholizadeh struggled to impose himself but not bad in some sequences.

Azmoun - 7.5. Critical goal and a cool head to keep team calm and go for the win after his goal. He is developing into a true leader and its great to see, such a clinical finisher too.

Subs :

Milad - 6. Better than past showings. Still leaves a lot to be desired in possession. But he brought some speed and energy down the left. The best option for TM is probably him at LB and amiri in midfield, even if milad is not perfect and has his flaws.

Allahyar - 6.5. Added energy and physical presence, created one opening. Could also see his questionable decision making at times but super happy he got valuable TM mins finally in a meaningful context.

Karim - N/A.

Skocic - 5. I feel bad for the guy, I truly do. Its like you took a very avg neurologist and placed him as the head of neurocritical care at Johns Hopkins. The guy is giving his best, but man hes under so much stress and not qualified for this. Every game is like his last, bc it literally is. He knows if he loses he will get axed and its too much for one person to carry. Thats why with a few minutes to go he loses his rag and gets sent off. Its affecting his decision making too and long term he is incapable of building any solutions bc he is so fixated on game to game survival. This was the stress caused by lebanon with every player except taremi available and fit...

Sardar telling him to calm down like that wasnt a good look, nor were saman and saeids reactions to their subs. The key players for sure doubt him and we cannot have this disunity at WC. I really applaud him for fulfilling the role he was initially hired for, a caretaker to get us through 4 games, but IFF needs to act after Syria game bc this is not sustainable way to play football or indeed succeed at WC in one years time. I actually think the fact he was so fit living in iran for years and suddenly after taking TM job seems to be exponentially putting on weight is just evidence of the stress the job is causing him.

He has not introduced any new players to the main xi besides a 33 year old shoja and moharrami (who does not perform that great so far). He fails after 12 games to even incrementally improve the teams structure and game plan. Fails to get basically anything out of a large portion of the squad. Last month was UAE, this month was lebanon. Our luck will shortly run out and against a semi solid opposition these long stretches of horrible play will be quickly punished, as will the clear lack of faith the players have in him.

Comment

Can someone explain what happened with Lebanons goal. Didn't understand how everyone stopped and thought it was out.

Comment

we dominated from minute 1. We dominated for 97 minutes and except for that one stupid play that gave them a goal, we clearly were the better team.

a lousy pitch always favors a lousy team, and lebanon was nothing short of a lousy bunch with their grassrolling. I'm watching the Iraq - syria game and it's amazing how different the pitch is compared to what we faced in Beirut.

Saman was disappointing and now we see why does not get playing time. If he plays against Syria, it's only because we won't have ARJ and Taremi
                    Amiri as usual was all over the field. MVP
                    Beiro always has these heart stopping moments in every game and this time it costs us a goal.

Skocic - made a sub, changed the outcome of the game. That's what you expect from a coach and he delivered
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Few, random thoughts:

Beiro - I am starting to agree with IA11. Maybe it's time we give Amir a look. Beiro was involved twice today, and messed up both very badly. He could be a huge liability at times.

Amiri - He was so, so good today. He was also good in the final third (his weakness usually). Good technically, good in tight spaces, good decision making, MOM for me.

Gholi - I actually think he was pretty good today. Sure, he could've been better in some instances. But he was dangerous the entire match.

Azmoun - I also thought he was good today. He had a few good shots, was dangerous, and had good hold up play. Not to mention the very cool finish (he made it easier than it looked).

Ghoddos - Wasn't his best game, but he needs time to gel with the team. The quality is evident. He was good early in the first half and deteriorated as the match progressed.

JB - I thought he put in a good shift. Ran his butt off, was decent offensively, had a good shot and another one that was deflected. He's suspended vs Syria so hopefully AS starts in his place.

TM Celebration - I didn't like this at all to be honest. We were huge favorites going into the match. Sure, it was a frustrating match, and we won with two injury time goals, but FFS, act like you've been there before (much of this team has). We just beat Lebanon, not Argentina. I also didn't like how our bench lost its cool. Hajsafi got a yellow too apparently on the bench (so much for captain material).

Comment

Couldn't watch the last 30 min but again the transition has been really slow even against Lebanon and Moharrami has been one of the responsables on the goal again.
                        Poor match by Ghoddos, lots of bad passes, it can be due to lack of playing time in TM, i don't know..
                        Nour saved Persepolis a$$ many times with his late min goals and he did the same for TM today.
                        What a game by Amiri btw,

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

just watched the match. here are my quick thoughts

Beiro needs competition. blunder on lebanon goal and almost gave another one away. he was awful

Amiri is our best player today. he was dominant. dont waste him in defense please, he should be midfield always

ghoddos was not good. maybe on better field and better conditions, but he was not good. so stop saying he should start everyone. he had his chance and was awful.

gholizadeh is complete shit lol. he is a 15-20 minute player at best, should never start a game for us again we have better options

ARJ cannot play on left, wonder when skocic will learn?

I find it funny, that trailing 1-0 against defensive team we dont bring someone like Ghayedi who can break them down with dribbling. it worked out in the end but just saying

also lebanon is a joke. fuck them lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Couldn't watch the last 30 min but again the transition has been really slow even against Lebanon and Moharrami has been one of the responsables on the goal again.
                            Poor match by Ghoddos, lots of bad passes, it can be due to lack of playing time in TM, i don't know..
                            Nour saved Persepolis a$$ many times with his late min goals and he did the same for TM today.
                            What a game by Amiri btw,

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                            You missed the best part!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              Btw is AJ out vs. Syria next week? If yes, who else are out?
                              Yes, JB is suspended. He should be the only one if memory serves me correctly.

Hopefully AS can start in his place.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                                Yes, JB is suspended. He should be the only one if memory serves me correctly.

Hopefully AS can start in his place.
                                So Karim will be captain? Not bad, I think we need his calm after todays game. Karim shiire

Comment

Working...
                                X