Please explain Skocic logic to me? - Page 9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Please explain Skocic logic to me?

PFDC News Editor
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Be really careful what you wish for

We had Wilmots and look what happened to the team. Almost lost the WC

Skokic brought us back from in the dead in terribly hard circumstances

Whether you agree with his tactics or not, he has TM in a great place with a very high sense of morale and comradery. That is difficult to do with our team. And this is all while being no CQ type coach with an amazing CV

He's done a really good job with what he has and even is giving valuable experience to Iranian coaches like Karim, Mehdi and Hashemian, so we should be grateful

Like others have said, look where Japan is - great team but on the cusp of barely making it to the WC - they're struggling

We're also in a better spot than Korea and they have a pretty good coach

So overall, Skokic deserves praise IMO

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hosseini For This Useful Post:

PFDC News Editor
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,669 Times in 1,235 Posts
    And people comparing us to Saudi rn with them bringing Renard in. We're not a federation with the cash flow and technical capacity to bring in Renard with our political situation in particular. The Saudis have cash, cash, and more cash to offer to anyone with a great CV if they're willing to take the job. That's not a similar comparison to make.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hosseini For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    my worry is not if we get result
    with skocic in wc
    if zidan and pep together become
    our coach we will not advance
    from our group
    our soccer is setup like that
    when amiri getcall up at27
    taremi at 26
    the foundation is not there
    e
    what we need to ask ourself
    THE IMPORTANT QUESTION

CAN WE WIN THE ASIAN CUP
    WITH SKOVIC
    my grand ma can take this team
    to final 8
    can skovic win a qf,semifinal,final
    ?

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,263 Times in 3,484 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosseini View Post
    And people comparing us to Saudi rn with them bringing Renard in. We're not a federation with the cash flow and technical capacity to bring in Renard with our political situation in particular. The Saudis have cash, cash, and more cash to offer to anyone with a great CV if they're willing to take the job. That's not a similar comparison to make.
    Renard isn't the kind of coach that chase $$$, he coached teams that are more or less like Iran in Africa.
    Footballwise I think he was motivated to coach a team like us with the good results we got in front of him at wc, asian cup and talents like taremi and azmoun.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PSGman#19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,808 Times in 850 Posts
    So far so good.

Having followed Sanat Naft when Dragan was in charge, I could clearly see his tactics of moving the ball from the back, ticki taka passing in the middle of the field then a combination of wing and attacking the hole in the middle between the opposition centre backs. At times SN centre backs will also join with diagonal passes to the wings. However with team Meli with so many legionnaires training and adapting to different international club systems, it is a different story. We see at times a convoluted set of tactics and forward play. The midfield unless they playing a “Cambodia” make lots of back passes.

The man needs a long training camp together with tough friendlies and not have the players for two days before official games, I can then judge him.

So much as I love Dragan and commends his achievements with an awesome unbeaten record, come the World Cup, I’m not convinced he has the experience of leading us against the Spains. I hope I’m wrong because I’m very thankful of what he’s done for us.

Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Realist For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,727 Times in 3,998 Posts
    ^ bcoz our outright midfielders are both DM's. and that means they arent the technical, forward looking players.

just ONE change can turn the team into something totally different: a creative mid in for nourolahi
    Coz ezzatolahi while a DM, has very good vision and good long-passing ability.
    Nourolahi? I dont watch pp games But from what I've seen at TM is just an average, nothing special, nothing extraordinary player that is found in almost EVERY club team in the world

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 13,265 Times in 5,563 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    ^ bcoz our outright midfielders are both DM's. and that means they arent the technical, forward looking players.
    just ONE change can turn the team into something totally different: a creative mid in for nourolahi
    Nourolahi? I dont watch pp games But from what I've seen at TM is just an average, nothing special, nothing extraordinary player that is found in almost EVERY club team in the world
    Critical goals for Korea last two games scored by MF
    Critical Assists for Iran during last two games by FW

Their MF run the Show
    Our hopes are solely on FW

13. The Following User Says Thank You to St_Mark For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    skocic is following perspolis blue print of success
    playing 4-4-2 KHATI which there is no crative playmaker involve. yahya golmohamadi has master this style which heinherited from bronko and skovic is a league junkie and
    has copy cat pp success style and its working and getting result.
    pp and tm are exactlythe same
    both play with 2 dm against any opponent
    pp played with 2 dm against shahrdari busher a village team in hazfi cup and our nt played with 2 dm against combodia.
    as fan we like to see 1 dm and one creater against weak teams but coaches dont like to try
    different style fr every match and as long as they
    get result no one can bash them.
    in national team we are lucky we are in group of
    lebnon o syria o iraq o uae combine together have
    2wc appearance IF WE WHERE IN OTHER GROUP
    EHHHHH might of been different story.
    lets just be happy we are going to wc
    and have fun watching wc dont have result expectation
    we should concentrate on winning te asian cup
    after 40+ years.
    AND NO I AM NOT BASHING daneshmand skovic

KARIM BAGHERI HAS BROUGHT THE PP SUCCESS BLUEPRINT TO TM
    his footprints are all over tm stly play

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 Times in 609 Posts
    Skocic logic brought TM back on the verge of elimination at the hands of the mighty Bahrain and Iraq and took TM to the final round. Skocic logic brought TM 10 points in 4 games being number 1 in the group and cruising to the world cup. Skocic logic so far is a 10 games win and 1 game tie record, Skocic logic is winning.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sepehr9 For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    Thanks
    Skocic deserves praise for what he’s done, no doubt. But is he the man to lead us to the 2nd round in WC? I have serious doubts, and i’m not the only one here it seems!
    I say let the man do his job in qualification and hopefully we’re qualified by beginning of February next year. Then we thank him for his services with daste gol shirini!

A new coach will then have 9 months to prepare for WC. If we don’t change him by then, we might aswell stick with him to the WC.
    But boy will i be banging my head against the wall countless times, if we don’t qualify for the 2nd round in the WC with this star-studded team.
    Esteghlal

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peiman92 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 228

You do not have permission to view the list of names.