Please explain Skocic logic to me? - Page 8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 97

Thread: Please explain Skocic logic to me?

  1. #71
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Damavand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,426
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,688 Times in 853 Posts
    Rep Power
    5362246
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_King View Post
    CQ achievements with TM are unmatched. But even with him we lacked a proper plan for our attacking and passing game. 'We mostly relied on long balls and the abilities of Taremi and Azmoun, even under CQ. I think Renard would be the perfect man to take over the Team CQ had built and implement some proper attacking football. Without that i don't see us progressing from the group-stage in WC.
    Under CQ we were improving very nicely. Just compare our performance and results from WC 14 to 18. Big improvement I would say. And I firmly believe if they had extended his contract he would have advanced us from the group stage in Qatar.

    And I agree that Renard would have done a great job with Iran as well, but the Belgian ambassador and a bunch of moftkhor dallals wanted the Sharlatan Vilmots instead which that Moron Taj agreed to.

    So my frustration is that I am no longer excited about this campaign. Sure we will make the WC, but big deal,
    we have done that 5 times before.

    When are we going to finally advance from the group stage ??

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Damavand For This Useful Post:


  3. #72
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    BacheLot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    33,628
    Thanks
    55,431
    Thanked 14,494 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949739
    Quote Originally Posted by St_Mark View Post
    ِDear

    * Iran will qualify for WC With Skocic.
    * With current team Iran has to be very very ucky to advance.
    *He is better choice than Golmo & GN

    Iran will qualify to the WC but current team is nowhere near where needed to be.


    Remember:
    Lays year when IFF and TM were in crisis, Job was offered to GN & Golmo ( Daei was political)
    GN was unwilling to break with Sepahan . Coward? Don't know.
    Golmo said , TM job is too early for him . Coward? I don't know.

    Skocic grab the offer and he is doing better than coach of S Korea.

    TM job is an honour , for the brave not cowards.

    Sepahan & Persepolis pay more to their coach than Skocic salary /














    0
    agree to the general jest of your post however i'd challenge the notion that Eskoocher was so much braver than Gn/GolMo..! as compared to those two, this was a huge opportunity for him and he had very little to loose from accepting that challenge and whole lot to gain..! while it was quite a ri$ky undertaking for the other two from both money perspective and the fact that at that time job offer seemed more of career suicide mission and sorta volunteering to become sacrificial lamb for masking and scapegoating SM/IFF's scandalous dealings of Wiltits hiring ...! so yea to take over our awful dire WCQ job for someone with somewhat similarly attractive jobs already at hand is a lot more of a risk than someone who has little to loose and still much to acquire even from a failed attempt of such a job..!

    ps
    in general, i much prefer hiring of an Avg.+ international level FOREIGN coach over the best of our Domestic options at hand..!! just because of the predictable and frankly even unavoidable PartyBazi and distracting Hashie sazi that would entail along with hiring of most all Domestic coaches for TM..!
    The problem here is that im not so sure i can quite rate Eskoocher as an Avg...? much less an Avg.+ Level foreign coach ..? From pure coaching and managerial abilities perspective i tend to still rate GolMo over him ...! (GN is a Hell NO option for me.... so is Daie nor Nekunam for that matter)

    ALL IN ALL, considering our Federation's Budget and general Orzeh to land a well qualified Foreigner coach, i am also plenty content and happy with Eskoochie man so far and assuming he can keep us Top of the Table and qualify us to WC comfortably with hopefully a game or 2 to spare, then he fully deserve to retain his job during the WC for us, if for nothing else but for consistency reasons..!

    and no i dont think TM's playing squad overall quality currently is anything to sniff @ and assuming we dont get fked again (a la 2018WC) with a group of deathish Draw, i think Gutter22 will be our best chance ever to finally progress out of Group stages of WC ..!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:


  5. #73
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,364
    Thanks
    978
    Thanked 837 Times in 389 Posts
    Rep Power
    7112954
    Classifying coaches into foreign and domestic doesn't make any sense in the first place and is the exact thing that got us into this mess. If someone like Golmohammadi would've taken over it would've made much more sense, maybe he wouldn't have performed well but at least we would've had a coach with international experience, and he'd make strides in whatever his next job would be. The only way we can improve is to give people opportunities and improve them. The issue is that we excuse a foreign coaches' lackluster performances only because he hasn't worked in Iran.

    We will make it to the WC sure, but our performances at the WC won't be good, not because we don't have the right players or talent, but because we have no game plans. There's no tactic or particular mentality with the current team. It's just a bunch of individual players. For all the hate Nourollahi gets for example, he's the only one who's willing to drag the ball up a bit. Everyone else just pings it forward hoping for the best. What's the role of our fullbacks? What's the role of our midfield? What do our wingers do? It's unclear.

    With Queiroz on the other hand, the evolution of the team was fully clear. We were a counter-attacking minded team, centerbacks wouldn't venture forward, our fullbacks attacked consistently and were part of the build up if needed, our defensive midfielders had a clear role, and our forwards (such as Taremi) acted as inside forwards and would venture more centrally when we were attacking, and defend wider when we didn't have the ball. Azmoun would basically stick up there. There was discipline, for the first time in TM history that I can recall since 2000, we were genuinely a team, not a collection of individuals, and we're going back to the individualist mentality.
    Ma Bishomarim

    "!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
    محمد مختاری -

    "Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
    - Mohammad Mokhtari

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:


  7. #74
    PFDC Asset
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,848
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 13,265 Times in 5,563 Posts
    Rep Power
    37155184
    Quote Originally Posted by BacheLot View Post
    agree to the general jest of your post however i'd challenge the notion that Eskoocher was so much braver than Gn/GolMo..! as compared to those two, this was a huge opportunity for him and he had very little to loose from accepting that challenge and whole lot to gain..! while it was quite a ri$ky undertaking for the other two from both money perspective and the fact that at that time job offer seemed more of career suicide mission and sorta volunteering to become sacrificial lamb for masking and scapegoating SM/IFF's scandalous dealings of Wiltits hiring ...! so yea to take over our awful dire WCQ job for someone with somewhat similarly attractive jobs already at hand is a lot more of a risk than someone who has little to loose and still much to acquire even from a failed attempt of such a job..!

    ps
    in general, i much prefer hiring of an Avg.+ international level FOREIGN coach over the best of our Domestic options at hand..!! just because of the predictable and frankly even unavoidable PartyBazi and distracting Hashie sazi that would entail along with hiring of most all Domestic coaches for TM..!
    The problem here is that im not so sure i can quite rate Eskoocher as an Avg...? much less an Avg.+ Level foreign coach ..? From pure coaching and managerial abilities perspective i tend to still rate GolMo over him ...! (GN is a Hell NO option for me.... so is Daie nor Nekunam for that matter)

    ALL IN ALL, considering our Federation's Budget and general Orzeh to land a well qualified Foreigner coach, i am also plenty content and happy with Eskoochie man so far and assuming he can keep us Top of the Table and qualify us to WC comfortably with hopefully a game or 2 to spare, then he fully deserve to retain his job during the WC for us, if for nothing else but for consistency reasons..!

    and no i dont think TM's playing squad overall quality currently is anything to sniff @ and assuming we dont get fked again (a la 2018WC) with a group of deathish Draw, i think Gutter22 will be our best chance ever to finally progress out of Group stages of WC ..!
    .

    Dear
    Skocic know who he is, not a ranked international coach simply a rookie but nobody is born ranked coach, they become one, and he got unique opportunity and grab it with no fear.
    Without coaching experience at NT level seeking to coach a team and federation in crices need strong will and confidence.
    Regardless of Wilmots he knew he will be compare to C Q a popular coach with good records.
    Should he had failed in Bahrain not only he would have been fired but become a joke for years to come, yes he had something to lose.
    This type of opportunities is rare and braves, confident coach will not miss them.
    GN got that chance twice. First time he was ridiculed then fired for his decisions during Korea game and after so many years TM fans hate him for losing to Korea (he blame Mahdavikia & Khatibi for failed Penalties).
    He got TM job offer again but find reasons not to take it. He had excuse of disagreement with Sepahan Manager Shojaei. Shortly after they both lost their jobs at Sepahan and GN was a loser in both ends.

    Golmo was IFF first choice and I guess one way to look at is he was wise enough to say TM job is early for him.
    (a fraction inside IFF wanted him and they still do for other reasons beyond this topic)
    For now, domestic coaches without exception bring their unhealthy baggage with them and that is not good for TM.
    Skocic promised to take Iran to the WC and try to go beyond where CQ failed to do, advance from group phase.
    He has done a good job, getting points, avoiding marginal issues with domestic coaches, media, IFF officials and not making public demands for unpaid salaries (although contract is by $, he gets it in Iranian currency).

    If IFF can afford it and can handle a ranked international coach, I will support that and best time to do that is by end of this year otherwise he deserves to continue his amazing quest.
    Last edited by St_Mark; 10-14-2021 at 12:37 PM.

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to St_Mark For This Useful Post:


  9. #75
    V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Doctor DOOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    18,590
    Thanks
    9,154
    Thanked 9,727 Times in 3,998 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949741
    Gist.
    Eskoochi is gonna give a big, wet esmoochi to the WC ticket sooner than any other coach in our history.

    That makes it very hard to fire him.
    Altho I agree we could do better than him for the WC games. But are they available TO IRAN? Also do we have the funds to pay them?

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:


  11. #76
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,189
    Thanks
    1,506
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 1,032 Posts
    Rep Power
    426835
    According to iranian media's Skocic has $$$$ offer from arab teams but he wants to stay and finish his job. Arab teams trying to weaken our TM so i think this news is deffo true. This shows that skocic is motivated and wants to finish his job and take us to world cup.

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to milad_b For This Useful Post:


  13. #77
    PFDC Asset
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,848
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 13,265 Times in 5,563 Posts
    Rep Power
    37155184
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    Gist.
    Eskoochi is gonna give a big, wet esmoochi to the WC ticket sooner than any other coach in our history.

    That makes it very hard to fire him.
    Altho I agree we could do better than him for the WC games. But are they available TO IRAN? Also do we have the funds to pay them?

    Lebanon has played 4 games non at home . They will lose to Iran at home unless Samir Jeagea send his snipers
    With 13 points , Skocic should give chance to others to play.

    Lebanon next 4 games are at home then coming to Iran , by then hope we can play some U23 players.

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to St_Mark For This Useful Post:


  15. #78
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,376
    Thanks
    2,618
    Thanked 6,513 Times in 2,987 Posts
    Rep Power
    42949731
    every game is a must win game. Skocic should use the best lineup on the field to get a valulable 3 points. To "give a chance to others to play" is a disaster waiting to happen
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

  16. #79
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 126 Times in 71 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by milad_b View Post
    According to iranian media's Skocic has $$$$ offer from arab teams but he wants to stay and finish his job. Arab teams trying to weaken our TM so i think this news is deffo true. This shows that skocic is motivated and wants to finish his job and take us to world cup.
    Interesting how we pick and choose what part of media is BS and which is not. Confirmation bias is a powerful thing.

  17. #80
    Senior Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    SD
    Posts
    212
    Thanks
    232
    Thanked 126 Times in 71 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    We beat Lebanon 4-0, Syria 2-0. We will go to the WC #1 seed from our group based on GD.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 228

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 105.55 Kb. compressed to 95.63 Kb. by saving 9.93 Kb. (9.40%)]