Ryan Tafazolli @ Wycombe Wanderers | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Altamonte View Post
    He's back in League One. Ryan couldn't even cut it in 2nd tier football, at least now we know he's not TM quality
    He was in league one last season too. His team lost the play off final - look like strong contenders for promotion this year. Whether he plays for TM or not, I think all of us here (some of us may have already I don’t know) could only dream of playing at the level he is playing at.

I think we have 4 solid central defence options but with a 26 man squad we may take an extra CD and he is an
    Option.

Comment

I respect that others have completely different views to me on Tafazolli but it does baffle me that every season we have a separate thread for a 30 year old who plays in the English 3rd tier, has never been involved with TM, doesn't speak Farsi, has done very little of note in his career against quality opposition and there's never been a shred of legitimate news to suggest he's in line for a call up to our squad or training camp... yet we don't have separate threads for fixed TM players albeit playing in the IPL or gulf leagues.

I'd rather those in the know be providing us updates on performances, injuries, transfer rumours, etc of our actual players than someone who I'm certain will never play for Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
        I respect that others have completely different views to me on Tafazolli but it does baffle me that every season we have a separate thread for a 30 year old who plays in the English 3rd tier, has never been involved with TM, doesn't speak Farsi, has done very little of note in his career against quality opposition and there's never been a shred of legitimate news to suggest he's in line for a call up to our squad or training camp... yet we don't have separate threads for fixed TM players albeit playing in the IPL or gulf leagues.
        I'd rather those in the know be providing us updates on performances, injuries, transfer rumours, etc of our actual players than someone who I'm certain will never play for Iran.
        its fun though, to follow an unknown random players development to eventualy (probably not) be invited to TM, thats why I visit this thread every now and then. I dont buy the argument about since he is in english system he should automaticly be invited to TM, should atleast make the championship first then.. havent seen him play though but his higlights on corners are great, we do lack that dangering thread on corners. dont think we have scored on one for years. (think we scored on 1 during the qualifiers during last groupstage, compared to so many of our goals being from corners last campaign)
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
          its fun though, to follow an unknown random players development to eventualy (probably not) be invited to TM, thats why I visit this thread every now and then. I dont buy the argument about since he is in english system he should automaticly be invited to TM, should atleast make the championship first then.. havent seen him play though but his higlights on corners are great, we do lack that dangering thread on corners. dont think we have scored on one for years. (think we scored on 1 during the qualifiers during last groupstage, compared to so many of our goals being from corners last campaign)
          I agree. He does offer an aerial threat more so than most of our defenders (except maybe PAG) but he'd be a disaster in a 4. He's too slow for international football against our level of opponents in group B and will get exposed. Maybe his lack of speed can be compensated for in a 3 but I dont really see what about him is worth the risk as he's totally unproven at a higher level of football.

I also have concerns about his communication with the rest of the team - if you watch his matchday youtube videos you can see he talks to his defensive teammates a lot. Not sure how good the other players English is but they shouldn't have to adapt to build the defence around accommodating him for the same reason that he's nobody to be given such special treatment. This reeks of another Beitashour or Davari situation where the guy never plays for the team again... if he even gets WC minutes. It's a hard no from me.

More to the point of my earlier post, I appreciate it's probably bigger than his thread but I do think we need to be covering our actual players more . I'm sure there are members that watch and follow the IPL and Arab leagues enough to provide updates on their progress. I don't really understand why, given the amount of international members, we just have threads on so called "legionnaires", which always makes me laugh because in the English speaking world that word is more commonly associated with a pneumonia-like respiratory disease than an athlete plying their trade overseas.

Comment

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

https://old.reddit.com/r/teammelli/c...rumoured_move/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Wouldn‘t mind him being invited for the Asian Cup 😄

Comment

Working...
                X