Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad turnover by JB almost leads to a Luzern goal….
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Thanks for the updates, GA jan!

Comment

JB off in the 73rd min
        Had some good moments and some not good moments……again, he clearly is out of form and a shadow of his old self but the important thing was he was running all over the pitch, taking his shots when he should, not hesitating to take on the defender in front of him all of which are signs of him getting his confidence back.
        Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 08-05-2021, 02:57 PM.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Even as an AJ fanboy, I have to admit, Disappointing performance imo.

For every nice through pass, he had a turnover (most which because of a bad touch).

For every nice defensive play, he had a cross that was either off target or couldn't clear the first man.

Had one shot on target which the rebound was a goal, but didn't see a single dribble from him.

Whatever he had from 2015-2018 isn't there right now. Hopefully not gone permanently.

Feyernoord Played pretty well though.

Comment

I think ARJ is a great example that going to a higher league does not necessarily make you a better player.

It’s very easy to downplay the mental aspect, and say a “player wasn’t good enough,” etc.

But incorrect environment=decrease in confidence. Hopefully, the coach understands this, and gives him ample playing time to undo all the damage from Brighton.

Also, this should be a lesson for ppl eager for Azmoun to go to a higher league no matter what—what’s the point if it’s the wrong environment? Our most efficient goal scoring machine for team melli could then clam up. We cannot afford that.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
              I think ARJ is a great example that going to a higher league does not necessarily make you a better player.

It’s very easy to downplay the mental aspect, and say a “player wasn’t good enough,” etc.

But incorrect environment=decrease in confidence. Hopefully, the coach understands this, and gives him ample playing time to undo all the damage from Brighton.

Also, this should be a lesson for ppl eager for Azmoun to go to a higher league no matter what—what’s the point if it’s the wrong environment? Our most efficient goal scoring machine for team melli could then clam up. We cannot afford that.
              I agree. Ali JB was a 20+20 goal&assist machine LOCK in eredivise. Just like Sardar is a 20goal LOCK in russia. and add to that form of his life in TM, why move to Bayer and risk eveything? There is not much more to gain in that move

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                I agree. Ali JB was a 20+20 goal&assist machine LOCK in eredivise. Just like Sardar is a 20goal LOCK in russia. and add to that form of his life in TM, why move to Bayer and risk eveything? There is not much more to gain in that move
                I agree to some degree (regarding environment), but not entirely re the rest. Just because you are doing well at one level, you can't allow fear of failure to prevent you from going to the next level. That's true at any level; if you are a superior JV player, does not mean you don't graduate to Varsity because you are afraid you may not make it there. You can always go to the next level, see if you are cut out, and then be honest with yourself and change your environment if it's not working out (e.g. something JB could have probably done a year sooner). For every JB story, there is a Taremi success story on the flip side; so you can't categorically say, Azmoun should not move to another team b/c he may fail.

With JB, I think the environment that was mentioned above at Brighton was probably the bigger culprit than playing in the EPL itself. Many on this site may agree/disagree on this point, but I don't think, from the start, he got a good crack at the starting lineup, and him being left out of lineups altogether and scrapping for minutes really shot his psyche/confidence; and often, at that level, the psychological component is as important as the player's physical attributes. And that defensive system over there (especially in his first year) did not fit his offensive skills (Brigthon under Houghton barely had possession in their matches). During some of his minor stints at Brighton, he actually showed flashes of skill, but you need enough minutes at a team to be able to show that consistently. Hope he gets that at Feynoord. And I hope Azmoun moves to a Bayer Leverkusen or Inter to see if he can make it at the next level ("You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky)

Comment

ARJ got a yellow today. I believe he was on one already (not 100% sure), would he miss the next game then?

Comment

Some pictures from today. Thank you Ghermez Agha for the updates!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by P-Rug View Post
                      I agree to some degree (regarding environment), but not entirely re the rest. Just because you are doing well at one level, you can't allow fear of failure to prevent you from going to the next level. That's true at any level; if you are a superior JV player, does not mean you don't graduate to Varsity because you are afraid you may not make it there. You can always go to the next level, see if you are cut out, and then be honest with yourself and change your environment if it's not working out (e.g. something JB could have probably done a year sooner). For every JB story, there is a Taremi success story on the flip side; so you can't categorically say, Azmoun should not move to another team b/c he may fail.

With JB, I think the environment that was mentioned above at Brighton was probably the bigger culprit than playing in the EPL itself. Many on this site may agree/disagree on this point, but I don't think, from the start, he got a good crack at the starting lineup, and him being left out of lineups altogether and scrapping for minutes really shot his psyche/confidence; and often, at that level, the psychological component is as important as the player's physical attributes. And that defensive system over there (especially in his first year) did not fit his offensive skills (Brigthon under Houghton barely had possession in their matches). During some of his minor stints at Brighton, he actually showed flashes of skill, but you need enough minutes at a team to be able to show that consistently. Hope he gets that at Feynoord. And I hope Azmoun moves to a Bayer Leverkusen or Inter to see if he can make it at the next level ("You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky)
                      I’m all for Azmoun moving to a higher league, as long as it’s the right environment (coach’s trust, playing style compatible, etc). Or else, a player in form as Azmoun could very well regress.

I agree that ARJ’s stint at Brighton was not a litmus test if he was “EPL material.” No matter how popular that stance is.

If I was ARJ, I would be texting Van Persie everyday to help him get back his mojo. That being said, he didn’t do horribly today, showed some nice plays, and the season hasn’t even begun yet.

Comment

He already has almost more game-minutes in Feyenoord than the whole last season in BHA..
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Comment

Highlights from the match, with ARJ's shot at 1:40, which resulted in the goal by his teammate.

Comment

That should be an assist if I am not mistaken?

Comment

^ I don't think it is since it wasn't a direct pass that led to a goal. Their goalie deflected it and they scored off a rebound.

Comment

Working...
                                X