This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
    I was gonna make a comment at the start of the game about SC not starting Taremi again on the second leg of a European competition, but decided not to jinx the team.
    Looks like SC still hasn’t learned.
    Both Taremi and Azmoun out today, sucks.
    It's okay... His fanboys will claim that Porto is prioritiesing the domestic league, because of course the Portuguese league is more prestigious than with EL.

Comment

I bet Porto fans are pissed for going out of the cup like this, not playing best team..imagine being a diehard Portosupporter and looking forward to winning atleast europa league, and then get knocked out like this.
      wonder if this might result in SC making a move next season to england, and Porto making a deep run in either CL or in Europa leage if knocked out of champions next year.
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Porto simply doesn’t have the depth and squad to play in 2 major tournaments like this. They’ve focused on the league and that’s fine.
        Yeah but what’s frustrating is that even if you’re gonna do that and bench your guys in a knock out game today…..at least bring on Taremi, evanilson, uribe etc. before the 75th damn minute. Those extra 15 mins or so they should have gotten could have been the difference today.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
          Now SC can focus on the farmers' league that he cares so much about and he has basically won it already!!
          They can’t afford a mess up in the league. Direct qualification to champions League means more money.
          Sure they might try and win Europa League but SC doesn’t want to run his limited club into the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            It's okay... His fanboys will claim that Porto is prioritiesing the domestic league, because of course the Portuguese league is more prestigious than with EL.
            You don’t become strongest team in your country with Europa League titles.

Comment

I feel seen.

But yes, I would say Europa league isn’t much to care about. Champions league only.

Comment

They can’t afford a mess up in the league. Direct qualification to champions League means more money.
                Sure they might try and win Europa League but SC doesn’t want to run his limited club into the ground.
                The 2nd also qualifies directly for CL

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  Bundesliga was the better league though in contrast to Ligue 1 and Bayer Leverkusen are the 3rd in Bundesliga.
                  yeah, im happy he didnt chose lyon they wont play in europe if they dont win europa league this year.. that wasnt what i ment.. what i ment is the irony of lyon being still in the runnings in europe while both porto and leverkusen are out.. the irony
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Porto simply doesn’t have the depth and squad to play in 2 major tournaments like this. They’ve focused on the league and that’s fine.
                    Come on Nokhodi joon... This is the football version of "fuck you, you're probably a lesbian anyways" after getting rejected by a chick at a nightclub.
                    SC was simply outcoached. He has enough of a gap in the domestic league that he could afford to take risks in EL.

Comment

ucl>liga nos>europa in that order, it’s not that deep that they were knocked out

Comment

Really feel sorry for Taremi!

Crossing fingers that at least Porto wins the league and double finger cross that Taremi becomes the leading scorer in Portugal.

Then it's time to move on to a team that really gives him playing time in the EL / CL.

Comment

Come on Nokhodi joon... This is the football version of "fuck you, you're probably a lesbian anyways" after getting rejected by a chick at a nightclub.
                          SC was simply outcoached. He has enough of a gap in the domestic league that he could afford to take risks in EL.
                          Did we go to the sams clubs ?

Seriously though, look at Porto’s team. Besides Taremi and Pepe, who on this team consistently plays well and is also physically capable? They’re not there man. They’re exhausted or simply not capable.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            The 2nd also qualifies directly for CL
                            2nd to Benfica is unacceptable to their fan base.

Comment

I feel seen.

But yes, I would say Europa league isn’t much to care about. Champions league only.
                              It's not just you Haji. Others here feel the same.

I just think it's cowardly to not take a risk in European competition when you have already won your league last year, have a 6 point lead in the domestic league, and are have basically already qualified for CL next year.

It would be nice to see Porto actually win something or make a deep run in a competition where they won't get by with mere thuggish behaviour and bribery.

Comment

2nd to Benfica is unacceptable to their fan base.
                                And also doesn’t come with all the glory, bragging rights, and trophy/cash for the club

Comment

Working...
                                X