No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Enough to play 20 minutes and create chances against Chelsea but not good enough to play against South Korea , that just says a lot about the coach and the mentality of the coaching group.

Feel guttered for Saman … what a waste of talent playing for Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post
      Good Enough to play 20 minutes and create chances against Chelsea but not good enough to play against South Korea , that just says a lot about the coach and the mentality of the coaching group.
      Honestly, people think that we are Saman stans or anti-Skocic but when we make these observations it is because they are so clearly wrong.

We are all pro-TM and should not make excused for poor coaching.

I genuinely think there is a Persepolis bias in TM which is causing many of the selection issues, and it is not only limited to midfield.
      Just look at our CD pairing which is not better than Pouraliganji and Hosseini yet are unshakable no matter what their performance is like.

Having Karim Bagheri in the TM camp does not make me feel any easier about this stuff either, even if he is not influencing anything, it's just a conflict of interest in a country where politics and blue and red play a huge role in our football its just a weird choice to make.

A premier league midfielder on the bench is always a better choice than a guy playing fixed in the UAE.

And just to make it clear, I am not for firing Skocic. A better coach should have been selected long ago. The team is getting results for the time being and I hope they improve. I'm just giving my opinion on choices he is making which are questionable at best.
      Last edited by pres80; 10-17-2021, 01:48 AM.

Comment

To be fair to the pairing at the back - PAG is injured long term and Hosseini is constantly in and out with injuries too.

Comment

Yet more Iranians with an inferiority complex and a fetish for all things western. Nouro would run rings around Chelsea's midfield if he was stupid enough to reject the sunny and culturally rich UAE life for a 2 bed flat in South London. Sarlak too but he isn't a mercenary who will leave his family and motherland like these infidels.

I for one am glad our manager is awake to this and doesn't let such nonsense EPL bias get in the way of his leadership and intelligent team selections.

GO DRAGAN DANESHMAND

Comment

Originally posted by Persian Panther View Post

Harfet raa kamelan ghabool daram, Saman dar TM bayad fix baazi kone.

Amma bavar kon agar entekhaab karde bood baraye TM Iran baazi nakone be TM Soed d'avat nemishod.
            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

I watched the whole game. a few observations:

The Bees are really punching above their weight in EPL.

This game, was pretty even in the first half, but Chelsea was better. The second half continued the same. I have to give credit to Frank. His substitutions around minute 60 (saman at 70 min) worked out really well. The Bees should have equalized if it was not for the Mendy's heroics and a bit of luck on top of that. In the last 15-20 minutes, Brentford had wave after wave of attack on the Russian Oligarch team. Really bad luck.

Saman started out a bit cautious and played on the right. After a few minutes he got pretty lively and was involved in the attacks. A missed 1v1. A very strong shot to the head of a defender which was goal-bound and knocked the defender out for a few minutes. The Russian Oligarch team actually had to resort to a bit of grass-rolling near the end. Overall a very positive Brentford effort and a very positive outing for Saman.

I also believe Saman should play on TM and should get more minutes at EPL. But as long as Skocic (and Thomas Frank) are getting results, it is hard to contest their reasoning. TM has a very clear path to qualification and the Bees are 9th place having already played the top 2 teams. But still very early in the season.
              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

The few minutes he played for the Bees, saman showed how industrious fit and ready he would have been against Korea and the result may have turned in our favour if he was given a chance.
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

filthy russian oligarch team got lucky!
                  The bees deserved a win. if for nothing else, for not getting scared of the UCL champs and league leaders and corrupt black-money-run shit club

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    To be fair to the pairing at the back - PAG is injured long term and Hosseini is constantly in and out with injuries too.

Comment

Comment

growing number of brentford fans think saman should start. They have been overall quite impressed with him recently.

Will keep repeating it bc its shocking. a player that is good enough to make serious impact on highest level of domestic football in europe, for a team that is one of the most impressive in the division this season, yet doesnt even get ONE minute for TM. Thats an insult, and truly shocking when you consider the personnel options we have available.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          Will keep repeating it bc its shocking. a player that is good enough to make serious impact on highest level of domestic football in europe, for a team that is one of the most impressive in the division this season, yet doesnt even get ONE minute for TM. Thats an insult, and truly shocking when you consider the personnel options we have available.
                          Would absolutely support Saman if he snubbed the next invitation for TM in November. I don't think he would do this, as he's a professional. But what is the point of making the cross-continental trip, going through countless COVID testing/isolation protocols, just to warm the bench? I would get it he was second/third in line to superior players, but c'mon man, what are Dragan/Bagheri/Hashemian smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            Would absolutely support Saman if he snubbed the next invitation for TM in November. I don't think he would do this, as he's a professional. But what is the point of making the cross-continental trip, going through countless COVID testing/isolation protocols, just to warm the bench? I would get it he was second/third in line to superior players, but c'mon man, what are Dragan/Bagheri/Hashemian smoking?
                            Diz jan, I think they understand and value Saman's abilities. I believe they just think of him as more of an offensive player than a defensive player. Hence, they bring him on if we are behind. ( I believe Frank thinks of him in the same way) In SK game, he was getting ready to come in but we scored. Right now, Skocic's primary goal is to make it to WC. He wants to make sure that defense is shored up, because he knows that there is enough fire power up there between Taremi and Azmoun with an occasional help from the right or left half. BTW, I feel Skocic's set up is much less conservative than Carlos Queiroz's set up which I loved also. Getting a tie against SK was critical as now with two more wins, we are most likely through to WC.

I feel so bad for Saman too, given his talent and the sacrifice that he is making. But coach's job is to achieve team's objectives and should not have ta'rof with the players. I don't think he is going to change his mentality and change setup until we qualify or until his setup stops producing results. Once we quality, then he is going to try different set ups and formations. Us Iranian fans have ta'rof in our DNA and we feel horrible that we invited Saman to our home and are treating him like sh*t. But, like you said, Saman is a professional and I hope he understands this. Hopefully by Iraq game, we are practically qualified and Saman can replace Nourollahi and can show off his defensive and offensive abilities and dislodge Nourollahi permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              Diz jan, I think they understand and value Saman's abilities. I believe they just think of him as more of an offensive player than a defensive player. Hence, they bring him on if we are behind. ( I believe Frank thinks of him in the same way) In SK game, he was getting ready to come in but we scored. Right now, Skocic's primary goal is to make it to WC. He wants to make sure that defense is shored up, because he knows that there is enough fire power up there between Taremi and Azmoun with an occasional help from the right or left half. BTW, I feel Skocic's set up is much less conservative than Carlos Queiroz's set up which I loved also. Getting a tie against SK was critical as now with two more wins, we are most likely through to WC.
                              I feel so bad for Saman too, given his talent and the sacrifice that he is making. But coach's job is to achieve team's objectives and should not have ta'rof with the players. I don't think he is going to change his mentality and change setup until we qualify or until his setup stops producing results. Once we quality, then he is going to try different set ups and formations. Us Iranian fans have ta'rof in our DNA and we feel horrible that we invited Saman to our home and are treating him like sh*t. But, like you said, Saman is a professional and I hope he understands this. Hopefully by Iraq game, we are practically qualified and Saman can replace Nourollahi and can show off his defensive and offensive abilities and dislodge Nourollahi permanently.
                              It doesnt have to be for nourollahi. Skocic could drop this stupid 2 CF formation that puts taremi and azmoun on top of each other and go back to our regular 433. Given their recent games for TM, up and down club form I only think one of ARJ or gholi should start right now, I think gholi is a better player but ARJs experience and recent clutch goals give him the edge.

------------------Ezatolahi---------------
                              --------Ghoddos------------Nourollahi
                              ARJ---------------Azmoun-------------Taremi

LB can be amiri, or he can play in B2B role instead of nourollahi. Whatever way you look at it, ghoddos should be on the pitch.

People keep talking about azmoun and taremi as enough fire power. Skocic system and lack of any midfield is forcing them to be both the primary creators and scorers. Its too much burden, even for their talent. They need a steady supply line from midfield to be as effective as they can be. The current setup doesnt provide it, and its not like we are exactly water tight at the back either with the current mid combo.

If we are building team around taremi and azmoun, then the primary goal should be to feed them, not starve them of decent service.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                It doesnt have to be for nourollahi. Skocic could drop this stupid 2 CF formation that puts taremi and azmoun on top of each other and go back to our regular 433. Given their recent games for TM, up and down club form I only think one of ARJ or gholi should start right now, I think gholi is a better player but ARJs experience and recent clutch goals give him the edge.

------------------Ezatolahi---------------
                                --------Ghoddos------------Nourollahi
                                ARJ---------------Azmoun-------------Taremi

LB can be amiri, or he can play in B2B role instead of nourollahi. Whatever way you look at it, ghoddos should be on the pitch.

People keep talking about azmoun and taremi as enough fire power. Skocic system and lack of any midfield is forcing them to be both the primary creators and scorers. Its too much burden, even for their talent. They need a steady supply line from midfield to be as effective as they can be. The current setup doesnt provide it, and its not like we are exactly water tight at the back either with the current mid combo.

If we are building team around taremi and azmoun, then the primary goal should be to feed them, not starve them of decent service.
                                I am sure they'll try your setup once we have qualified. Right now they want to go with what has been getting them results. That is probably the number one rule in coaching, don't change a team/setup that has been getting results. Skocic probably thinks of your set up as too offensive that can leave our defense exposed. Also, pulls Taremi too far away from the goal and make him play almost like a left half unless we want to go for long balls only.

It is precisely because we are not water tight in the back that they feel they can't pull any resources away from our defense. They like having two hound dogs (Nourollahi and Taremi) that run and run and don't give the opposition mid field time on the ball which helps our shaky defense.

Because they have conceded only two goals in the last eight qualifying games and have won 7 and tied one, I don't think they are going to change or experiment too much until we qualify or we stop getting results. Hopefully, we just have to be patient two more games.

Comment

Working...
                                X