No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A coach who is at his wit's end, aggrandising what was an ass kicking in the hands of a guy who read his game and took him out clean in the 2nd half. To Mr.Frank: You can put lipstick on a pig but at the end of the day it is still a pig.

Comment

My question is that if frank leaves the club and new coach takes over, how many of those danish players would he actually keep and use. The answer is 1 maybe 2. Frank should be called out for discriminating against other players.

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
        A coach who is at his wit's end, aggrandising what was an ass kicking in the hands of a guy who read his game and took him out clean in the 2nd half. To Mr.Frank: You can put lipstick on a pig but at the end of the day it is still a pig.
        They won the xG.

Comment

Honestly, every time I come on this thread there are a bunch of posts that evoke memories of this scene from Billy Madison

I've addressed the Danish stuff... either mods need to deal with it or I have to start blocking members (which I don't want to do) so it's not so much of a chore to read legit posts

On the subject of Frank's job safety, he's 50/1 (5th largest odds) in the "next Premier League manager to leave" market, and that's not just for him to be sacked, he could be offered another job elsewhere. Only Guardiola, Klopp, Gerrard and Moyes are considered more likely to stay at their clubs. But some of you guys clearly know more than the rest of the footballing world.

On the game, I agree with Frank that they were the best team in the first half but it's a stretch to day they should have won the game as ultimately the quality of finishing told the story. Yes it would have been a different game had they taken their 1st half chances. 2 huge chances for Jensen and Norgaard had a very good chance too. Man Utd looked very ordinary and overwhelmed by Brentford's press. Then they were a different team in the 2nd half. Passing was slicker, dynamic, more penetrative. Brentford had done well to stifle their creativity on the wings in the 1st half so evidently they changed it up and attacked through the middle. Those runs from Fernandes and McTominay killed Brentford. I dont think Brentford could have held on to any sort of lead from half time but I guess we'll never know.

Something to remember about this team for all of you:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

When they're giving a real game to a side with 19x the playing budget as them - not forgetting what they did to the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal at home - it really is funny that people think there's some argument to question Thomas Frank's management and selection. Smallest budget in the league, half the budget of Norwich, 14th position (17th after 38 games will be an accomplishment)... some of you need a cold shower.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            They won the xG.
            Whatever you say Sunshine!!

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

When they're giving a real game to a side with 19x the playing budget as them - not forgetting what they did to the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal at home - it really is funny that people think there's some argument to question Thomas Frank's management and selection. Smallest budget in the league, half the budget of Norwich, 14th position (17th after 38 games will be an accomplishment)... some of you need a cold shower.
              This. I made the point previously. First ever season in the Premier League and after 22 games they are 10 points ahead of relegation zone. Above two teams who were promoted automatically over them this season.
              Of course I’d love Saman to play more and it is frustrating for us not to see him on the pitch more but if Brentford were to sack him I’d lose the respect that I have for them.
              Look at it without any bias. They have just played Liverpool and Man United - last time they played Liverpool at home was in the cup and John Barnes scored against them.
              What they have done as a club should be celebrated and is a measure for those clubs in the lower league that you don’t need a crazy budget to get to your targets.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                My question is that if frank leaves the club and new coach takes over, how many of those danish players would he actually keep and use. The answer is 1 maybe 2. Frank should be called out for discriminating against other players.
                It would be a very poor choice to sack Frank after he got them promoted and now 10 points clear from relegation in his first in PL. He's done a very good job if you ask me.

Comment

Honestly, every time I come on this thread there are a bunch of posts that evoke memories of this scene from Billy Madison

I've addressed the Danish stuff... either mods need to deal with it or I have to start blocking members (which I don't want to do) so it's not so much of a chore to read legit posts

On the subject of Frank's job safety, he's 50/1 (5th largest odds) in the "next Premier League manager to leave" market, and that's not just for him to be sacked, he could be offered another job elsewhere. Only Guardiola, Klopp, Gerrard and Moyes are considered more likely to stay at their clubs. But some of you guys clearly know more than the rest of the footballing world.

On the game, I agree with Frank that they were the best team in the first half but it's a stretch to day they should have won the game as ultimately the quality of finishing told the story. Yes it would have been a different game had they taken their 1st half chances. 2 huge chances for Jensen and Norgaard had a very good chance too. Man Utd looked very ordinary and overwhelmed by Brentford's press. Then they were a different team in the 2nd half. Passing was slicker, dynamic, more penetrative. Brentford had done well to stifle their creativity on the wings in the 1st half so evidently they changed it up and attacked through the middle. Those runs from Fernandes and McTominay killed Brentford. I dont think Brentford could have held on to any sort of lead from half time but I guess we'll never know.

Something to remember about this team for all of you:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/payroll/

Couldn't agree more! This coach is doing an amazing job but since he doesn't play Ghoddos, he apparantly doesn't know what he's doing lol (among some other ridiculous arguments i've seen to be honest).

The same can be said about Graham Potter - The guy's doing an AMAZING job with such a sub par squad like Brighton, getting some great results even against big teams in EPL. His team has always been punching well above their weight but he was getting some undeserved comments here. Was always roasted here for not playing ARJ but he was getting results without him and look at them this season - 9th place in EPL right now!!! LOL.

I never agree with hating on a coach and giving them unfair criticism and insults just because he's not playing on of our TM players a lot.

I always want our players to start and play max minutes but it's the reality sometimes and these coaches are both doing really well, so they deserve more respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                    This. I made the point previously. First ever season in the Premier League and after 22 games they are 10 points ahead of relegation zone. Above two teams who were promoted automatically over them this season.
                    Of course I’d love Saman to play more and it is frustrating for us not to see him on the pitch more but if Brentford were to sack him I’d lose the respect that I have for them.
                    Look at it without any bias. They have just played Liverpool and Man United - last time they played Liverpool at home was in the cup and John Barnes scored against them.
                    What they have done as a club should be celebrated and is a measure for those clubs in the lower league that you don’t need a crazy budget to get to your targets.

Exactly. People need to manage their expectations... and emotions. This thread is reading like a series of immature Brighton or Brentford fans tweets lately.

I saw Saman having a warm-up at half time, joking with Ajer and Wissa (who seems to be his bff at the club) and having a chat with a few groundsmen with a smile on his face, thought I did note he didn't come out at the end of the game to do a lap of the pitch with the players and subs.

I decided to go to the Wolves game on Saturday as it's the last game before the mini PL break and I'll be on holiday in February so will miss the Newcastle game. Hope to see Saman get some game time.

Also, sorry about your late FPL cup loss

Comment

I was 12 points ahead going into last nights games and he had Maddison as captain and Toney and blew me away. Positive is I’m up to 80k now in my overall position.

Wolves … poor you. Nice Asda next to it 😂 .

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        I was 12 points ahead going into last nights games and he had Maddison as captain and Toney and blew me away. Positive is I’m up to 80k now in my overall position.
                        Wolves … poor you. Nice Asda next to it 😂 .
                        I gave up on my FPL when all those games when Omicron first hit, though I may be tempted back in just to do this

https://twitter.com/FPLFledgling/sta...047847427?s=20

Fortunately it's a home game to Wolves. Not going back there again. Although to be fair, the last time the level of football (League 1) played as much a depressing part as the surroundings. We chose to stay in Birmingham also, which says it all. 2nd city my a***, one big roundabout!

Comment

I gave up on my FPL when all those games when Omicron first hit, though I may be tempted back in just to do this
                          https://twitter.com/FPLFledgling/sta...047847427?s=20
                          Fortunately it's a home game to Wolves. Not going back there again. Although to be fair, the last time the level of football (League 1) played as much a depressing part as the surroundings. We chose to stay in Birmingham also, which says it all. 2nd city my a***, one big roundabout!
                          Leave my home alone 😂 Birmingham is getting better. If you ever come back again, the Digbeth area is on the way up. It’s a walk (long one) away from St Andrews and near the city centre.
                          They’ll take your car tires if your parked for too long in Wolves.

The way Burnley are playing he would end up on minus points.

Comment

I think some people forget this is a persian football forum. There’s going to be an inherent bias for our players to do well. It’s completely natural. That’s why we join this site (in theory).

Whatever success Potter and Frank have achieved in their resumes, good for them. But at the end of the day, it’s hard to deny the lack of linear relationship between our players’ performances and playing time. Saman played very well in his start against Villa earlier in the season, look at how he was treated afterwards? Or back to ARJ at Brighton, when he had a string of good performances, how he was treated?

These things affect a player’s confidence and momentum, especially when they’re trying to adapt to the most difficult league in the world.

I’m glad ARJ finally left Brighton (hopefully he’ll find his old form back at Feyenoord), and hopefully Ghoddos will leave too. World Cup is coming up, and it’s important for our players to get more minutes, so they’re confident and sharp in November.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                              Couldn't agree more! This coach is doing an amazing job but since he doesn't play Ghoddos, he apparantly doesn't know what he's doing lol (among some other ridiculous arguments i've seen to be honest).

The same can be said about Graham Potter - The guy's doing an AMAZING job with such a sub par squad like Brighton, getting some great results even against big teams in EPL. His team has always been punching well above their weight but he was getting some undeserved comments here. Was always roasted here for not playing ARJ but he was getting results without him and look at them this season - 9th place in EPL right now!!! LOL.

I never agree with hating on a coach and giving them unfair criticism and insults just because he's not playing on of our TM players a lot.

I always want our players to start and play max minutes but it's the reality sometimes and these coaches are both doing really well, so they deserve more respect.
                              While I agree with the general sentiment of your post, do not compare Frank to Potter. I have to remind you about what Potter has actually done: He has done worse than the coach who was fired for poor results!!!. BHA finished in 15th place in their first season at EPL under CH. Potter has yet to do any better than that. When he does, we can talk. His results before then you ask....10 place in 2nd division and before that his best was 5th place in the Swedish league. Lets celebrate his accomplishments when he actually has some accomplishments to celebrate. Season is still young....Let's count the chickens a bit later.
                              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                                It would be a very poor choice to sack Frank after he got them promoted and now 10 points clear from relegation in his first in PL. He's done a very good job if you ask me.
                                I didn't say sack him, I said if he leaves the club (for any reason) .

Right now brentford has 8 danish players (1 of them is injured) . So out of 7 available danish players 5 were in the line up and 1 subbed in ! lol so out of 7 danish players 6 of them played! Thats just day light fuckery right there!

Comment

Working...
                                X