Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not at fault for the first goal.. Second goal was very poor keeping.

Hate to say it but he's really regressed.. Amir is my #1 for sure, and I hope Niazmand can prove himself in Portimonense and get the #2 spot as well

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      Definitely not at fault for the first goal.. Second goal was very poor keeping.

Hate to say it but he's really regressed.. Amir is my #1 for sure, and I hope Niazmand can prove himself in Portimonense and get the #2 spot as well
      Yeah totally agree with this. It's laughable to say at fault for the first goal.

Second goal there is no excusing that fumble.

Beiro has just been too inconsistent. A little sense of arrogance to his performances in TM as well.

I know there is this narrative that Amir does not have the height for a starting keeper but at this point his performances in both Spain an Portugal cannot be argued against, he has to start for TM based on merit.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
        Yeah totally agree with this. It's laughable to say at fault for the first goal.

Second goal there is no excusing that fumble.

Beiro has just been too inconsistent. A little sense of arrogance to his performances in TM as well.

I know there is this narrative that Amir does not have the height for a starting keeper but at this point his performances in both Spain an Portugal cannot be argued against, he has to start for TM based on merit.
        Of course he is not at fault but I don't like how he don't move at all but he is very quick to raise the hand (reminds me the Lebanon thing btw).
        At antwerp too, he often didn't move at all on some long shots.The shots weren't on target but were very close.
        Unfortunately it seems he is often surprised and cannot react

Comment

His confidence is down and he doesn't believe in himself.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
            Come on, man. He's at fault in both situations. First goal, he stands and watches like a statue--he was caught ball watching the entire time. Second goal, he is 100% at fault. If you watch the replay in slow motion, you can see he attacks the ball at such a weird angle that the ball actually makes contact with his feet first. Can't blame the defender for any of that.
            Agree to disagree on the first……that was absolutely in no way shape or form on him, anyone who has played GK can tell you that without a shred of doubt on crosses like that which are swinging out even slightly and also the timing of that cross it was too far out and too fast for him to make a move to come out for that, he would not have gotten there in time and he had 2 defenders in the area none of which were able to challenge for the ball.

The second one sure I said was partially his and I can accept a perspective that he was 100% at fault there but I do believe it also is a part of the defenders job to clear the path for the keeper who is coming out (assuming Ali was calling for the ball).
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Beiro has always been very mediocre at club level. His TM performances have been okay but under CQ era he had the benefit of a very stable and reliable back line to cover for him. His strength had always been stopping long shots and with a defense that is compact thats the majority of action a GK is going to see. NOW though, he is getting more exposed both at TM level and of course at club level. I don't think its a matter of him regressing or anything, I think this is just a better reflection of his level. He's physically imposing which helps with crosses and long shots BUT he doesn't have good exits (think about the goal we conceded vs SK), can be slow to react, and is a bit of a knob head when it comes to staying focused (think lebanon goal, japan goal).

Amir on the other hand is weaker in the air but hes a great 1v1 keeper, a solid shot stopper, and is much much hungrier and more focused. Its time for him to take the spot.

Comment

He seems to often mentally shut off during games, which is unacceptable for any player, in particular for a goalie. The goals he has recently conceded like the one against Lebanon or the second goal in this game, to me all show a goalie who is lacking focus. This may be due to stress or lack of confidence, I don't know, but at this rate he cannot be our GK in the World Cup. He is bound to have a blunder a game...

I hope he can turn it back around.
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                  Beiro has always been very mediocre at club level. His TM performances have been okay but under CQ era he had the benefit of a very stable and reliable back line to cover for him. His strength had always been stopping long shots and with a defense that is compact thats the majority of action a GK is going to see. NOW though, he is getting more exposed both at TM level and of course at club level. I don't think its a matter of him regressing or anything, I think this is just a better reflection of his level. He's physically imposing which helps with crosses and long shots BUT he doesn't have good exits (think about the goal we conceded vs SK), can be slow to react, and is a bit of a knob head when it comes to staying focused (think lebanon goal, japan goal).
                  Amir on the other hand is weaker in the air but hes a great 1v1 keeper, a solid shot stopper, and is much much hungrier and more focused. Its time for him to take the spot.
                  Amir is also shorter than Beiro, which will limit how for he stretches for a shot (watch the shot that hit the cross-bar against Syria, this is evident). However despite Amir not being able to do Beiro's long throws, he has much better ball control with his feet. Overall I do not see the harm in benching Beiro during the next WCQs and seeing how Amir does. if Amir continues to show that he deserves to start, then it is time we rethink our #1 spot before the WC.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Although I'm all for Amir starting these upcoming WCQ games, I think Beiro is still the superior GK.
                    Don't forget how many games he has bailed us out on.
                    If it wasn't for Beiro, Morocco could easily scored a few goals and we wouldn't ever had that win.

Comment

I prefer Amir in matches where we can expect to dominate ball possession and I like Beiro in matches where we have to sit back and play counter attack.
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                        I prefer Amir in matches where we can expect to dominate ball possession and I like Beiro in matches where we have to sit back and play counter attack.
                        I think this is a good compromise and may play to their strengths. In counterattacking games you can expect beiro to have to catch more crosses and stop more free kicks/long shots. In games where we have the upper hand opponent is more likely to have counter attacking chances which I think Amir is better at handling.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                          Although I'm all for Amir starting these upcoming WCQ games, I think Beiro is still the superior GK.
                          Don't forget how many games he has bailed us out on.
                          If it wasn't for Beiro, Morocco could easily scored a few goals and we wouldn't ever had that win.
                          Alot has changed since 2018.

Beiro's fundamental weaknesses (decision making, positioning) have been exposed since moving to Europe, and Amir has become a significantly better goalie.

Unless somehow a broke Club like Boatvista can find a great GK coach who can in matter of a year teach Beiro things he hasn't learned in his 28 years on earth, then Amir as the number one choice is a no brainer.

Players and circumstances change, and the team shouldn't be selected based on achievements 2+ years ago.
                          Last edited by The; 11-30-2021, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Alireza Beiranvand awarded with Guinness World Record

The legendary Beiranvand awarded with Guinness World Record for longest throw in football history.

Alireza Beiranvand launched a record-breaking 61.26m throw in 2016 against South Korea.

The Award:

https://media.tehrantimes.com/d/t/20.../4/3969838.jpg

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.dail...d-25562773.amp

The Goal:

https://youtu.be/Cebk0MO1sCw
                            #BanNoorafkan

Comment

There’s been legends in the game, such as Buffon, Casillas, Schmeichel, etc.

NONE could accomplish such a feat.

Not only did the man, the myth, the legend, Beiranvand break the laws of physics with his throw, but he even almost got an assist if it wasn’t for poor finishing.
                              #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Thanks Preezy. I think someone else already posted in this in another thread. Maybe the Mods can merge it there and close this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X