Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED TABLE best 2nd place Which 5 teams will advance to 3rd round of asia wcq 2022

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we go into the final match with Iraq and they need a draw to advance in first place, it will be the ugliest game of anti-football grass-rolling. I anticipate they will grass-roll the entire 90 minutes, and not one card will be given to them. If anything, if one of our players tries to pull them up or something, we will get a red card very early, because AFC is pretty obvious with their corruption.

The fact that we’ve had any success as a nation with all of the roadblocks the AFC has put in front of us, we really should be commended. I don’t think there’s any team in the world who gets this much repeated garbage thrown in front of them by their confederation. I told my non-iranian friend about the games being moved to Bahrain and he laughed. The absolute definition of a pathetic organization. Clear as day cheating that will never go punished. If US had to play their home games in a non-neutral venue, very less the opposition’s home, it would be top news. It would frankly be unbelievable. Just another day of supporting TM though.

Comment

If we get total 16 points. Will it be enough to advance?

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
        Turkmenistan doesnt have anymore matches against sri Lanka. Their game against Lebanon is their last game. There are plenty of ways we Can qualify with a draw. Read my post on the previous page. I have listed all the realistic scenarios. Believe me, I have studied this for a month now, there are ways we Can qualify with a draw. Some of Them are pretty realistic
        I read your ppst very informative thank you.

The games remaining with opponents and urgency of matches and some teams have nothing to play for
        Our chances of qualifying with a draw is very slim.
        On paper there will chances till the last day but in reality WE NEED TO WIN .lets enjoy this historic day since ots been very. Nerve Nerve riecken i am sure u are drain as well leading to this bahrain match.
        Then enjoy oir practice game with cambodia
        Starting friday afternoon get back in the nervous mode.once ahain thank you for very informative post

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
          If Vietnam tie/loss against Malaysia, their result against UAE wont affect us. We Will be better than one of Those teams nomatter what
          You are right dadash, since uae and Vietnam play each other anyway last. So Hoping Malaysia can draw or defeat Vietnam is one of our best chances. Malaysia was only down 1-0 to UAE until around minute 85 where they collapsed, so they definitely have a chance at stopping vietnam

Comment

I looked at all your scenarios and usually Iran does not get lucky with these sorts of things. The teams we want to win end up losing, and the teams that should lose end up winning!

I think anything other than a win against Iraq and we will be done.

Comment

For me go (B team ) Cambodian and (A team full ) iraq we will get 2 win to next round 😉 😀 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                I looked at all your scenarios and usually Iran does not get lucky with these sorts of things. The teams we want to win end up losing, and the teams that should lose end up winning!

I think anything other than a win against Iraq and we will be done.
                The thing with Iraq is, that they now our style and players very well and will be pumped up when facing us. The last two games we had faced them they were able to totally shut down our middle field, that's why i would play 3-5-2 System this time around to control the middle field.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                  The thing with Iraq is, that they now our style and players very well and will be pumped up when facing us. The last two games we had faced them they were able to totally shut down our middle field, that's why i would play 3-5-2 System this time around to control the middle field.
                  Skocic did 3-5-2 against Bosnia, could have been test for Iraq game?

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                    Skocic did 3-5-2 against Bosnia, could have been test for Iraq game?
                    Would def. be a smart move. To be honest, Iraq is a problem that even CQ couldn't fully solve. We always struggle with Iraq, i can't recall a single game against them from 2011 up to this day, were we really dominated them.

On the contrary Iraqis did a great job in pressing us high and force us to ali-asghari long balls and errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      Would def. be a smart move. To be honest, Iraq is a problem that even CQ couldn't fully solve. We always struggle with Iraq, i can't recall a single game against them from 2011 up to this day, were we really dominated them.
                      On the contrary Iraqis did a great job in pressing us high and force us to ali-asghari long balls and errors.
                      For some reason, Iraqis turn into Euro and South American players when they face us. It's always been an issue in the past. Having said that, we are turning a new leaf. We man-handled Bahrain in the second half, and won 3-0 in Manama in 90-100'F heat. That should be giving the Iraqis some tachycardia. I think we'll beat them, as long as we keep our cool (which we have so far). The only way they can beat TM is if we beat ourselves (get red carded, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        For some reason, Iraqis turn into Euro and South American players when they face us. It's always been an issue in the past. Having said that, we are turning a new leaf. We man-handled Bahrain in the second half, and won 3-0 in Manama in 90-100'F heat. That should be giving the Iraqis some tachycardia. I think we'll beat them, as long as we keep our cool (which we have so far). The only way they can beat TM is if we beat ourselves (get red carded, etc).
                        CQ’s Iran got outplayed in 2019 asian cup against Iraq as well, although we were resting some players for that match. I think it will be difficult if we need a win for sure, but regardless at this point it’s honestly about pride, we kind of HAVE to win to prove a point, it’s going to be down to the players not being kind to the Iraqi players even outside of the flow of game. As for tactics, last two times iraq really controlled the center of play, their CDMs are quite good and we need players like ghoddos and eza who can control The ball under pressure. We also need PAG In Back line , as shoja and kanaani have crappy on ball skills

Bahrain as we saw today is a well coached team with minimal talent. Iraq has a decent coach but a LOT more talent than Bahrain. If we have another first half like today we will be punished

Comment

Problem with iraq against us is their motivation.
                          In their mind they are still in war with us
                          Arabs dont forgive or forget.
                          Make the story short no matter how much the 2 coumtry leaders claim they are friends and no matter how much Iranians love najaf, karbala, samereh , THE IRAQIES DONT LIKE US and blame us for their country short comings simve the us invasion.So they get motivated against us more than we do against them.
                          NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE SAYs
                          IRAN AND IRAQ MATCHES are political as it gets.
                          Remember the 2001 match in tehran iran went easy on them we should of scored over 3 goals and the reason was SADAM SON WAS WAITING for them to punish their lost AND ONCE the iraq team got to baghdad sadam son orderd the iraqi team get naked at the air port and they got whiped and embarrassed.

Remeber the jam dusti game in late 80s Which there was nothing friendly.
                          Or
                          Iran vs iraq west asian championship in jordan
                          When mazloumi yaked the yeam instead of gn and iraqi fans where chantimg pro sadam chants and anti iran chants.
                          In 2011 asian cup the Iraqi fans burned oir flag in uae when we beat them 2-1
                          OH NO
                          THERE IS NOTHING SOCCER ABOUT THIS MATCH
                          But like sardar said today in his post game interview dont mix soccer with politics and qe will WIN
                          For us iranians is about soccer
                          For the Iraqis its way more THATS WHY THEY ARE MOTIVATED AGAINST US

Comment

^ Yeah, they're also trying to get close to Iran's 15 wins over them. They need 9 more lol.

Sardar didn't say don't mix soccer with politics, did he? You talking about the post match interview (I missed that)? Or when they interviewed him solo?

In the solo interview he said "We appreciate you, the fans. Thanks for your support and trust in Team Melli. We hope you enjoyed the match. The tears you cried for us we won't forget. The hate you received we will never forget. We will respond to them on the pitch, don't worry about anything."

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                              ^ Yeah, they're also trying to get close to Iran's 15 wins over them. They need 9 more lol.

Sardar didn't say don't mix soccer with politics, did he? You talking about the post match interview (I missed that)? Or when they interviewed him solo?

In the solo interview he said "We appreciate you, the fans. Thanks for your support and trust in Team Melli. We hope you enjoyed the match. The tears you cried for us we won't forget. The hate you received we will never forget. We will respond to them on the pitch, don't worry about anything."
                              Same solo interview at the end he said

Dont mix soccer and politics together

Comment

^ Didn't hear him bring up politics. I might've watched the wrong one.

Comment

Working...
                                X