Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's in a tough situation situation going straight into a double header against Libya where fans will be expecting 6 points next month without any prep or know how with players. Domestic league of Egypt I think is also not active right now so no way of observing the players.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
      Maybe we get an Egypt - Iran friendly out of this!

I can't even remember a game against Egypt...
      So I just checked. TM only EVER played Egypt once:

07-Jun-00 Egypt D 1–1 Tehran 2000 LG Cup

Strange, just like with the lack of games against Turkey... Probably, because of politics.

Comment

^Turkey and Egypt political leaders play a balancing act with appeasing their western overlords and staying connected to their people/region. Football politics and diplomacy fall under this umbrella.

Comment

Apart from a World Cup Draw Iran-Egypt will not happen due to the fact that Egypt recognizes Israel as a Sovereign Country.

Comment

Originally posted by BusiG View Post
            Apart from a World Cup Draw Iran-Egypt will not happen due to the fact that Egypt recognizes Israel as a Sovereign Country.
            Well, that would essentially rule out every other country in AFC and the world. It's a bit more nuanced than that. Egypt is sucking at the teat of American tax dollars (for it's peace deal with Israel back in the 70s), so it has to continue to show its deference and allegiance to the US in multiple ways (including its sports diplomacy).

Comment

Is that an issue?? Can someone confirm this?
              What about when we've faced certain euro countries, and even Canada a couple of times....is this "rule" something new?

Only Israel rule I can confirm is that we can't play against Israel themselves.

Comment

good luck coach! glad you stayed outside the continent
                if you ever go to Asia, its only TM maybe japan and maybe korea is also ok but id be to sad with the rest
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

so does every other country we ever play friendlies with lol

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                    Is that an issue?? Can someone confirm this?
                    What about when we've faced certain euro countries, and even Canada a couple of times....is this "rule" something new?

Only Israel rule I can confirm is that we can't play against Israel themselves.
                    Thats facts. Other Countrys do it as well....thats right....but most of them are not Muslim Countrys....and didnt help the Shah the way Egypt did after he left Iran.
                    Before we get to see Iran-Egypt....well definately see Iran-USA happen trust me.

Comment

Comment

Noshe joonesh. I hope he gets some good $$$$$$$. He deserves GOOD THINGS. KING!

Comment

egyptians in general very pleased with the hire.

They cite the culture of discipline and unity he was able to instill in TM as one of the key things he can help their national team finally achieve.

Comment

Congrats Arya

Comment

Congratulations and good luck king queiroz
                              Thank you for bringing some organization and team work to the most un organized country in the world
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                                Congratulations and good luck king queiroz
                                Thank you for bringing some organization and team work to the most un organized country in the world
                                Dang son...when did we become Afghanistan??? Lol nah, fair enough and I echo your sentiments about his first 4 years. Second 4 not so much. Either way hope he has a better stint than Colombia and proves me wrong!

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X