Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      its not just the corner taker though...If you look at ghoddos set pieces in 2 recent games most of them hit what you would classify as a good area, with good speed/curve.

Nobody was attacking them properly...IT is not just up to corner taker. The team needs to be very well drilled on what zones to attack, who blocks off who, what guys run near post/back post, what situations they will go for direct/header vs flick on, etc.

We have none of that. Go back and watch every corner. Each guy is trying to head the ball in but none are doing so with any real plan. Sometimes we may randomly score a header (kanani and norafkan were close) but in terms of consistent production, we are very far off CQ era, where clearly the team was planning/working extensively on set pieces.
      We used to have centerbacks that were great at this, but we've been rotating them so often that I don't even know anymore if we have any good ones. Jalal Hosseini and prior to him it was Aghili, I'd suspect Majid Hosseini could be good for that position, but for some reason Skocic prefers Khalilzadeh and Kanaani. Our DM options aren't exactly great finishers either.

You pointed to one of my concerns, which is that while we've been performing well against WCQ opposition, we were much better drilled during CQs time. Might be because he tends to be much more critical of players, like Amiri had mentioned, and would go over each scenario post-game with the team. Hopefully this crazy style of football won't embarrass us and we'll perform well.
      Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
      محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
      - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        its not just the corner taker though...If you look at ghoddos set pieces in 2 recent games most of them hit what you would classify as a good area, with good speed/curve.

Nobody was attacking them properly...IT is not just up to corner taker. The team needs to be very well drilled on what zones to attack, who blocks off who, what guys run near post/back post, what situations they will go for direct/header vs flick on, etc.

We have none of that. Go back and watch every corner. Each guy is trying to head the ball in but none are doing so with any real plan. Sometimes we may randomly score a header (kanani and norafkan were close) but in terms of consistent production, we are very far off CQ era, where clearly the team was planning/working extensively on set pieces.
        If i am not mistaken, already after AC 2015 under CQ reign this tendency become more and more apparent. The only set-piece goal i can think of from the top of my head is the one against Morocco WC 2018 (which was an own-goal).

Comment

Our peak with set pieces was Branko. That was the strong point of Branko.
          It’s been a slow and gradual decline in terms of set pieces since then.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
            Nice video, seems like everyone in the team gets together well, and based on the interactions, the team really looks to Jahanbaksh and Ansarifard for leadership
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Comment

I remember during the Branko era when people were worried because we couldn't score a single goal through corners (AC 2004 & WCQ 2006) but ironically our two goals in the WC happened from corner kicks.

Comment

But that was predicted! We did score lots of goals from freekicks e.g. we scored 3 goals against N.korea, 1 goal to japan and 1 goal to bahrain from freekicks. And all of them by head and tall players. So out of 7 goals scored in our WCQ 5 goals were from freekicks and by head! one goal was from penalty . So it was much expected that we would most probably fail in scoring goals.

Also when branko was in charge we had scoring problems. out of 6 WCQ we only scored 7 goals and most of the goals were scored by non FW's and by head. Ali daei scored one goal from penalty spot and nekounam scored one goal from counter attack.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                    This video shows why Karim is kept in the locker room. People always suggest he should be dropped but there is a reason he hasn't been and that is because the players respect him and he is a leader in the locker room. Zero hashiye player who motivates and pushes those around him. exactly the kind of player you keep around.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just wanted to say how proud i'm of our front duo Taremi and Azmoun!

Comment

rofl at everyone telling Saman to not eat the cake, and Skočić taking away the spoon from him in the end 😂😂😂

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZeOKDrhpBs/

Comment

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/...akers.html?m=1

Love to see an Iranian brand there. Too bad they called it Majid instead of Merooj

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                https://www.footyheadlines.com/2021/...akers.html?m=1

Love to see an Iranian brand there. Too bad they called it Majid instead of Merooj
                                It's officially majid. They rebranded from merooj.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X