This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Tomislav Ivic didn't qualify us to WC 98. Valdeir Vieira did. He was the guy who coached TM in the playoff matches versus Japan and Australia. He was honestly pretty bad, but he did the job.
    Afterwards, Ivic came in and revolutionized the team. He bought in a lot of players who had been cut before (Nader Mohammadkhani, Javad Zarincheh) and turned us into a team with good defensive shape and improved physical conditioning. In short he prepared the team for WC 98 and was a genius.

The rumor is certain players in TM and Safaei Farahani didn't want a non-Iranian as head coach for WC 98 so they basically staged a coup d'etat after 7-1 friendly loss to AS Roma.
    That friendly match didn't matter at all and was in the middle of a strong physical conditioning program. Additionally players had mixed up numbers and played in random positions to fool any one who was scouting us. However, that was enough justification for IFF and Jalal Talebi (who had sneakily been introduced as "Modire Fanni" a few weeks prior) was installed as TM head coach. It was a poor decision, and probably would have qualified to the next round of WC if Ivic had been retained.

I only bring this up because Ivic is an example of a top class Eastern European coach. Guys like Daei, Azizi, Mahdavikia... really loved him.
    thanks dada for the inside info..!!
    my bad earlier, i meant the Brizilan Viera ..!! where did he come from ..? how was he chosen outa blue to lead us in play offs after that koskhol Mayeli Kodan goh zani in group play..?

Dont know? but i get the vibes that a SA Football well experienced /Brazilian ? head coach could match our profile of team and have good success with TM..?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Russian.
      https://www.varzesh3.com/news/175448...86%D9%86%D8%AF

Olympic and Paralympic athletes have been vaccinated too.
      Hopefully they're effective. I've heard some bad things about the Russian one

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
        Russia's numbers speak for themselves. Their average new daily cases have flat-lined since March of this year.

For level of safety of the WCQ location, I'd choose Russia over Bahrain any day. Bahrain's daily numbers are still breaking records by the way.

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
          twitter.com/GolBezan
          instagram.com/GolBezan
          youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Here is the IFF article about vaccination of TM players, technical team and other staff. The player names seem to be a wider list that includes backup list. I am glad Hajsafi got the vaccine yet he shouldn't even be on the backup list in my opinion. I appreciate this effort and some credit should go to Skocic who emphasized the importance of this.

Players who got the vaccine today: Hajsafi, Noorafkan, Esmailifar, Ghaedi, Niazmand, Gholizadeh, Kaveh Rezaei, Kamyabinia, Kanaanizadegan, Torabi, Noorollahi, Amiri, Akbar Imani, Milad Sarlak, Abolfazl Jalali, Aref Gholami, Rashid Mazaheri, Siamak Nemati
            Technical Team: Skocic, Hashemian, Mario Tot, Meladen Zanjer

Other: Mahmood Reza Rezaei, Mohamad Saber, Omid Jalai, Mehdi Hoseinpour, Reza Naghipour, Hamid Reza Hedayati, Touraj Keshavarz, Morteza Dehghani, Hadi Nejatpour, Medhi Kharrati, Davood Shahmoradi

The reports I have seen on IFF site and Varzesh3 do not specify what vaccine was administered.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7943/%D9%88%...A8%D8%A7%D9%84

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              The data is apparently good.
              It has a poor rep because pharmaceutical companies want to crush it.

Comment

Here is a good interview by Vahid. Saying that if we want TM to be successful in the coming up qualifying campaign, we can not risk even losing one player or one member of technical team or one member of support staff to COVID-19. Hence, the vaccination campaign. Vahid also emphasized that players who were vaccinated today are not necessarily members of the final list and TM technical cadre has a wider list and is vaccinating everyone so that if a player somehow becomes unavailable, it is not because of COVID-19. He said that the final list for Kish camp will be announced soon (he did not give a specific date). Vahid again emphasized that with the new IFF leadership there is a new level of support and unity at all levels and again asked that the whole country be united behind TM. He said that he is sure that TM will be successful and our players have shown that they can overcome the difficulties they are facing and bring about TM's elevation to the next round. In the end he wished that soon all Iranians could be vaccinated to overcome the pandemic.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7944/%D9%88%...F-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                  Here is a good interview by Vahid. Saying that if we want TM to be successful in the coming up qualifying campaign, we can not risk even losing one player or one member of technical team or one member of support staff to COVID-19. Hence, the vaccination campaign. Vahid also emphasized that players who were vaccinated today are not necessarily members of the final list and TM technical cadre has a wider list and is vaccinating everyone so that if a player somehow becomes unavailable, it is not because of COVID-19. He said that the final list for Kish camp will be announced soon (he did not give a specific date). Vahid again emphasized that with the new IFF leadership there is a new level of support and unity at all levels and again asked that the whole country be united behind TM. He said that he is sure that TM will be successful and our players have shown that they can overcome the difficulties they are facing and bring about TM's elevation to the next round. In the end he wished that soon all Iranians could be vaccinated to overcome the pandemic.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/7944/%D9%88%...F-%D8%B4%D8%AF

Go TM!
                  He said all of these things and none that indicated a single friendly prior to these do or die WCQ matches huh...

Comment

15 legionnaires are going to be vaccinized upon arrival in Tehran.
                    https://www.tarafdari.com/node/1918240

Azmoun, Ebrahimi and Pouraliganji have already received their vaccince.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post

Apologies for asking to translate but in the article does it state who the 15 players are?

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        Apologies for asking to translate but in the article does it state who the 15 players are?
                        No, it simply says that 15 legionnaires will receive their first vaccine upon arrival prior to the Kish camp and will receive their second vaccine after the WCQ games.

My prediction is that all legionnaires that have been called up at least once under Skocic will be called up (+ Jahanbakhsh who didn't make the last camp due to travel restrictions). Makes it 18. If you exclude the players that have already received their vaccine, 15 will remain.

Comment

So whats gonna happen to ghoddos. In the article it says players will arive in tehran on 25th of may (4 khordad) and will vacinate on 26th of may (5 khordad). EFL Championship play-off Final is on 29th of may thats 3 days after the vaccine day. Lets say he doesn't get the vaccine, the latest he can join team melli in kish will be on 30th of may and thats if he manage to travel on that date. Ghoddos is an essential player, skocic must ask his permission regardless of what brentford says.

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post

Comment

^ If Brentford makes it to the final of the Championships playoffs (and hope they do), he will be late (see my post on his thread). We can win over HK without Saman. We need him for Bahrain match. Even if he joins late, he could come off the bench against HK just to get acclimated with the team so that he could do better against Bahrain.

Go TM!

Comment

^^ most probably he will miss first match due to quarantine rules (if he directly goes to behrain or in-directly to iran) .If he decides to go to iran he'll have hard time finding suitable flights, as (I think) direct flights are banned from uk and some commercial airlines, such as Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, Emirates and Iran Air, are operating, but services are limited.

Traveling to bahrain will be easier for him as there is direct flights.

for both countries he has to do a PCR test and quarantine .

Comment

golbezanpodcast.com
                                twitter.com/GolBezan
                                instagram.com/GolBezan
                                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Working...
                                X