This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Doubt there’s any validity to these links....he’s not a great coach and anyone who watched Porto in league play and in CL can very easily see that. The man doesn’t know how to use the players at his disposal to the best of their abilities and also makes ridiculous tactical decisions sometimes.

Also west ham just had one of their best seasons ever so I don’t see why they would touch anything happening now with all their success. They always seem to be thrown in the news linking players and coaches to their club and 9/10 times turns to be BS. That itself should actually be a reason we know it’s not true lol
    So the guy who made it deep into the champions league, recently won a league championship, and who almost won another championship again isnt a good coach?

Compare the squads of the teams porto played in the CL this season and come back and tell me SC isnt a good coach.

Even though benching taremi in chelsea second leg was stupid that doesn't make him a bad coach.

His rather average squad was able to hold their own against city, chelsea, and beat juve.
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
      So the guy who made it deep into the champions league, recently won a league championship, and who almost won another championship again isnt a good coach?

Compare the squads of the teams porto played in the CL this season and come back and tell me SC isnt a good coach.

Even though benching taremi in chelsea second leg was stupid that doesn't make him a bad coach.

His rather average squad was able to hold their own against city, chelsea, and beat juve.
      Pretty much

He's an average coach, not great, not bad. I think he's a good motivator, and can play decent defensive football. But he's pretty weak tactically and unable to break opposing teams down.

I rarely see a match and think to myself, "Wow, Porto is playing well." They even struggle against lower Liga NOS opposition. Make no mistake, for Liga NOS standards, this roster is stacked. Much more stacked than Sporting. Coming in second place is a pretty noticeable failure for them.

As for the CL campaign, they were expected to make it out of the group stage. As for Juve, they got somewhat lucky and Juve is crap anyway (see their Serie A performances this season).

If he leaves Porto, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I would be hopeful they can bring another coach that has better tactical understanding and can help Mehdi shine even more (Carvahal?).

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
        Pretty much

He's an average coach, not great, not bad. I think he's a good motivator, and can play decent defensive football. But he's pretty weak tactically and unable to break opposing teams down.

I rarely see a match and think to myself, "Wow, Porto is playing well." They even struggle against lower Liga NOS opposition. Make no mistake, for Liga NOS standards, this roster is stacked. Much more stacked than Sporting. Coming in second place is a pretty noticeable failure for them.

As for the CL campaign, they were expected to make it out of the group stage. As for Juve, they got somewhat lucky and Juve is crap anyway (see their Serie A performances this season).

If he leaves Porto, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. I would be hopeful they can bring another coach that has better tactical understanding and can help Mehdi shine even more (Carvahal?).
        I respectfully disagree. But that’s alright.

Porto squad isn’t really better than sporting in any significant way, and benfica has a better squad than either of them.

Porto has a few good players surrounded by some really , really average ones.

Only players I would really call “good” are taremi otavio Pepe mbebma and uribe

Besides that the rest are average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Point taken, Keon jan! I respect your opinion, and we can disagree, but I hope you're right, for Mehdi's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post

If you can make a decent sized list of silly/non-sense errors or shortcomings a coach has then no I don’t think you can say he is great....here is what I have to say about SC’s:

- took WAY too long to incorporate Mehdi into the XI. Clearly, at this point, nobody can dispute he is one of the best players in Liga NOS. SC had a front row seat to that and overlooked him for months. A good or great coach wouldn’t have missed that one.

- Porto came up short against opposition they should have beat (boavista, b-sad, moriense) that cost them the title essentially and struggled against all of the top table teams like sporting and braga. Don’t think braga has half the quality that Porto does yet they always looked better than Porto somehow. Sporting is pretty even with squad quality and also always looked better against Porto.

- leaves his best player who happens to be a striker on the bench in the 2nd leg of a champions league game he is trailing 1-0. SC himself beat Porto that game with that stupid decision....again a good or great coach would never do such a moronic thing.

- literally showed he cares about social media comments and pays attention to that non-sense (earlier in the season he said it himself) and was crying about how he was being criticized.

- doesn’t know how to diversify his approach to different games. Example: he sticks with Marega every single time instead of giving toni martinez or diaz more starts who have shown as much of not more than Marega a lot of the time.

^ despite all that I don’t say he is a bad coach but judging him off of that I wouldn’t call him good or great either.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Mehdi Taremi: Player of the month (May 2021)

This is the last individual monthly election of Liga NOS 2020/21, but the scenario is not very different from the usual one. Maio returned to bring a strong FC Porto, imposing in offensive terms and, for the fourth time this season, the third consecutive, a footballer of the "blues-and-whites" was the Player of the Month GoalPoint Ratings. Mehdi Taremi completely beat the competition in terms of cumulative performances, with an extraordinary 7.49, and claims for himself the second monthly distinction of the season, after the same happened in December 2020 - unique case in the season.
              After all Taremi needed… Toni

In May, Porto focused first on the pursuit of the Sporting leader and, later on, on maintaining second place, and in the process it was the best attack, with no less than 16 goals. The Iranian striker, who at this stage of the season made a fruitful offensive partnership with Toni Martínez, contributed not only to this, but also as an excellent finisher, but also backing up and filling in spaces between lines, which allowed him to serve his teammates and connect all the offensive football of the “Dragons” with great quality. Taremi was, therefore, the best of the period that comprised five matches, between the 30th and the 34th - in an assessment of players who completed more than 300 minutes. He succeeds teammates Sérgio Oliveira (March) and Otávio Monteiro (April).

To have an idea of ​​the impact of Taremi on Porto football in this last phase of the championship, just look at two fundamental moments, the goal and the assist. The Iranian was the third best scorer in these five rounds, with four goals, two less than Pedro Gonçalves, from Sporting, and one less than Carlos Júnior, from Santa Clara, but in deliveries he was unstoppable. He was the player with the most assists, no less than five, so he was the element with the most direct actions for goal in this period, with nine. While on the field, Mehdi contributed 69% of Porto's goals.

The shot was also very good, having made ten and framed four, representing an incredible 40% shot conversion rate, only beaten - among footballers with at least five shots in this period - by the 70% conversion of attacking colleague, Toni Martínez , who scored four times in seven "shots". Looking only at Taremi's squads, we realize that his offensive effectiveness is tremendous, as he scored a goal in all of them.

These five assists are based on the ease that Taremi has in serving his teammates and in May he was the second player with the most passes to finish in absolute terms, 12, just behind Pedrinho's 16, from Gil Vicente, and was the second with more blatant occasions created (4), this time behind Lincoln (5), from Santa Clara. Need I say more?

Taremi was extremely consistent throughout the season. Looking at the absolute final numbers, we found that he was the third best scorer in the league, with 16 goals, but also the player with the most assists, no less than 11, two more than the runners-up in this detail, Benfica fans Darwin Núñez and Álex Grimaldo . Combining the two moments, he was the second player with more actions to score in the competition, 27, only beaten by the 29 of Benfica's Haris Seferović.

The goals came with great ease throughout the season and the former striker Rio Ave finished the League as the second striker with more shots every 90 minutes, 3.4, behind only Seferović (3.7) , being that of running ball it was the fifth, with 2.4. A player who perfectly combines two of the most important moments for position, finishing and the ability to create shooting shots, for himself and his teammates.

Although Taremi is a very mobile striker, often a second striker more than the reference man in the area, this does not prevent the Iranian from being the player in the League who has the most ball actions. recorded on average, setting that number at 8.2 for 90 minutes, surpassing 7.9 for Darwin, from Benfica, and 6.8 for Moussa Marega, from Porto. And this data helps to explain that he was, along with Carlos Júnior, the footballer who most often missed a penalty, a total of five.

It is not very usual, even in the case of Players of the Month, to have so many games in which the outstanding players were MVPs. In this case, Taremi was the best in the field in three of the five meetings (half of the MVP he recorded throughout the season), always in the home games, with Famalicão, Farense and Belenenses SAD. In those three games he scored the four goals he achieved in these five rounds, showing how to get along with the Dragon's air.

Taremi scored a goal, an assist in three passes to finish and six valuable offensive passes, among other great moments in class, but you cannot ignore its importance in the tight victory against “Fama”, with a goal, an assist and a penalty awarded. And to close the season, with Belenenses SAD nothing like a performance at all similar to that of the 30th round, this time with a goal, an assist and six valuable offensive passes, in yet another demonstration of regularity and consistency. Undoubtedly one of the players of the Liga NOS era.

https://goalpoint.pt/jogador-do-mes-...-dragao_116481

Comment

Taremi speaks of ″ fantastic year ″ at FC Porto and guarantees: ″ We will come back stronger ″

Dragons striker turned to social media to mark the end of a "fantastic year" in the blue and white emblem.

Mehdi Taremi, who scored again for FC Porto on Wednesday, in a 4-0 home win over Belenenses, signaled on social media the end of his first season at the service of the dragons, speaking of "fantastic year" and thanking the adepts.

"I had a fantastic year at FC Porto, with many great opportunities for me. A huge thank you to the FC Porto family and the fans," he started by writing, then leaving a guarantee.

"We will come back stronger. I hope you are well, stay healthy," concluded the Iranian striker.

Toni Martínez also left a message on social media. "We ended the year the way we wanted to, winning. We will return to our place, dragons!" Wrote the Spanish striker, who in the last few days was highlighted on the attacking front of FC Porto, together with Taremi.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-13742739.html

Comment

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                    i am surpised abedzadeh got in the team of the year

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                      is that official..?
                      very impressive if so..!

Comment

Porto B played their last game of the season today in Segunda Liga. The line up was as follows :-

Nanu,
                        Joao Mario,
                        Fabio Vieira,
                        Mor Ndiaye,
                        Romario,
                        Evanilson,
                        Chico Conceicao,
                        Diogo Leite,
                        Joao Marcelo,
                        Rodrigo Conceicao,
                        Diogo Costa

That is some decent B team.

Comment

abedz in tots???? whatttttttt!?!?!

Comment

Al-Hilal want to give Conceicao 8 million per year, but Conceicao thus far isn't listening to offers.

source: O Jogo

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                              Porto B played their last game of the season today in Segunda Liga. The line up was as follows :-

Nanu,
                              Joao Mario,
                              Fabio Vieira,
                              Mor Ndiaye,
                              Romario,
                              Evanilson,
                              Chico Conceicao,
                              Diogo Leite,
                              Joao Marcelo,
                              Rodrigo Conceicao,
                              Diogo Costa

Especially if you have Romario in there

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

Nanu,
                                Joao Mario,
                                Fabio Vieira,
                                Mor Ndiaye,
                                Romario,
                                Evanilson,
                                Chico Conceicao,
                                Diogo Leite,
                                Joao Marcelo,
                                Rodrigo Conceicao,
                                Diogo Costa

It looks like a decent side but I guess most of these players only got to play in this final game rather than throughout the season because the Porto B only avoided relegation from the 2nd Division by 1 point!

Comment

Working...
                                X