Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Brighton was the much better team. Potter has done great with bunch of no name players.
    - ARJ did great. Fantastic assist.
    - Connolly and Maupay are basically the same players... They work better when opposition has the ball because they press so well together, but when Brighton has the ball, they are not very productive or creative together. I felt our offense was much more productive when Connolly was subbed out, but of course, we were taking chances and sending everyone forward then too...
    - ARJ would do himself a great big favor if he pressed more or at least when he lost the ball, to chase it down hard. The moment Brighton loses possession, ARJ switches from 100% to 40%.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      I hate the way Potter treats Alireza, who I want to succeed more than any other Iranian player - I feel his emotions viscerally - but he is a good coach. He has championship level players and is making a mockery of Man United here.
      Don't let Nisfejahan see this bro

Comment

It's clear ARJ will get his chance soon. He's head and shoulders better than Connolly, and a better footballer than Trossard as well. I think ARJ will switch roles with Connolly, where ARJ gets subbed around minute 70-80 and Connolly can be used for his pace as a sub

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
          The penalty was fair.
          The real joke was how long the ref allowed the play to continue until Man U managed to get the corner. It's as if he was just waiting for Man U to create a goal scoring opportunity before blowing the whistle. Fergie time as always.
          I’m sure AFC will be heavily recruiting this ref for matches between Iranian and Arab teams.

Comment

what happened with his yellow?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
              what happened with his yellow?
              He squared up to Maguire.

It warms my heart that most of Ali's gheyrati moments are against English NT players

Comment

DAFUQ!?!

PSYCHOPATH
                https://open.spotify.com/track/54q3rTiRdvXGar9WvqJA4T

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                  - Brighton was the much better team. Potter has done great with bunch of no name players.
                  - ARJ did great. Fantastic assist.
                  - Connolly and Maupay are basically the same players... They work better when opposition has the ball because they press so well together, but when Brighton has the ball, they are not very productive or creative together. I felt our offense was much more productive when Connolly was subbed out, but of course, we were taking chances and sending everyone forward then too...
                  - ARJ would do himself a great big favor if he pressed more or at least when he lost the ball, to chase it down hard. The moment Brighton loses possession, ARJ switches from 100% to 40%.
                  1000% agree. I said this 5-6 pages ago and people were on my back ready to slaughter me. I told you AJ doesn't press enough and you can clearly see it leaves too much space for the opposition. The reason they were so successful this game was because they put Man U players under pressure all game. AJ did great but I think there are parts of his game that explain why he isn't an automatic starter in Potter's game-style.

Comment

1000% agree. I said this 5-6 pages ago and people were on my back ready to slaughter me. I told you AJ doesn't press enough and you can clearly see it leaves too much space for the opposition. The reason they were so successful this game was because they put Man U players under pressure all game. AJ did great but I think there are parts of his game that explain why he isn't an automatic starter in Potter's game-style.
                    Strengths and Weaknesses.
                    Connolly is also a one trick looking for penalties.
                    Maupay doesnt have the brains to close a game out.
                    March cant strike a ball for his life.

Maybe Potter sticks to his ways but its a no brainer that Brighton is more likely to score with Ali on the field

Comment

Ali is not a game destroyer like a defender who would push and shove and disturb a player. He is all out attacker. He wants to create an attack and create opportunities. there are many players like that and to name a couple who everyone knows messi and ronaldo. they don't do a great deal to stop the opposition. they are constantly working out an attacking formation. That is how you all need to see Ali. Then the way Ali plays will make good sense to you.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

This is an ideal situation for the Cup start for ARJ. He got some minutes today, made a huge impact with his assist and will start against Man U's B team. He will shine.

Comment

It doesn't matter how good Ali plays. He will never be good enough for the superior English league. His genetics are inferior and will never be good enough.
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Bardashte man ine ke in BEHTARIN baazie Brighton bood zire Potter.

Vaghean mishe goft ke United zire feshaar bood va shans avord ke bord.

Shayad dalile inke Brighton in hame bakhte golzani az dast mide in ast ke keifiyate bazikonhaaye hojoomish anchenan balaa nist.

Va dar faaze defai inke nazm raa be asooni mitone dar chand lahze az dast bede negarankonande ast.

Amma az nazare baazie paayeh emrooz kheili khoob kaar kardand.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Seems like he will stay and get more gametime this season. Hope he moves out in the winter or next summer

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                It doesn't matter how good Ali plays. He will never be good enough for the superior English league. His genetics are inferior and will never be good enough.
                                Nail on the head. Iranian genetics are what's holding him back and Potter is an astute man for spotting this.

Comment

Working...
                                X