This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essi View Post
    I have heard that he went back to UK, discussing contract termination and join Feyenoord. Let's wait and see.
    Let’s hope it’s not true. Feyenoord is nothing what it used to be and Jahanbakhsh wouldn’t develop his game in the Eredivisie. Only acceptable Dutch moves would be Ajax and PSV. The rest, hard pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
      I have heard that he went back to UK, discussing contract termination and join Feyenoord. Let's wait and see.
      I read the same

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Let’s hope it’s not true. Feyenoord is nothing what it used to be and Jahanbakhsh wouldn’t develop his game in the Eredivisie. Only acceptable Dutch moves would be Ajax and PSV. The rest, hard pass.
        At this point, I'll take it if he rejoins NEC Nijmegen.

Comment

My bet is either holland/england, or AliReza is coming home to Iran (Perspolis)

lol bettingforum as i said before, would be so fun now, with long time bet on Alirezas next contract, The final in the euros and all other stuff coming soon..
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
            At this point, I'll take it if he rejoins NEC Nijmegen.
            I know you were being cynical and meant that he needs to go anywhere semi-decent just to get playing time, but Feyenoord ain't it. I follow the Eredivisie since I was a young kid and used to think very highly of Dutch football, but the quality of the league has gone down in the recent years. Especially the gap between the good teams (Ajax / PSV) and the average teams has gotten quite big. I think even joining an upper table Championship side who wants to push for promotion / play-off spots is better for Alireza's future than going back to Eredivisie again. Feyenoord won't offer him high quality football (they aren't title contenders and they went to Conference League instead of EL / CL). For example, they lost 5-1 on aggregate to a Slovak (!) team AS Trencin during EL qualifiers few years back, the same Trencin who was struggling to survive in the league that year. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Alireza wont improve anymore, im happy enough with Feyenord if he becomes regular

Comment

He probably doesn't have any better offer. Yes Feyenoord is not what it used to be but still a very traditional club and with a great season there he may bounce back and get some interest from Ajax or PSV.
                He is 27 and have 3-4 good years on him.
                Doesn't matter how dickhead the coach was, he was really dissapointing the last few seasons, only 2 or 3 goals in around 50 appearance. That is not acceptable at all. Even with 0 transfer fee.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                  Alireza wont improve anymore, im happy enough with Feyenord if he becomes regular

Footballers can always improve!

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    He probably doesn't have any better offer. Yes Feyenoord is not what it used to be but still a very traditional club and with a great season there he may bounce back and get some interest from Ajax or PSV.
                    He is 27 and have 3-4 good years on him.
                    Doesn't matter how dickhead the coach was, he was really dissapointing the last few seasons, only 2 or 3 goals in around 50 appearance. That is not acceptable at all. Even with 0 transfer fee.

Statistically wise he has done poor, but you also have to look at the minutes he played. More often, he came on very late or when the game was already decided. He has also been quite unlucky, some of his chances normally would have gone in. His team mates in similar positions had much more playing time and had more confidence from Potter.

Comment

Statistically wise he has done poor, but you also have to look at the minutes he played. More often, he came on very late or when the game was already decided. He has also been quite unlucky, some of his chances normally would have gone in. His team mates in similar positions had much more playing time and had more confidence from Potter.
                      This is true, but in such a case you have to take advantage of little chances, and he didn't. You probably don't remember Kia's time at HSV and with Thomas Doll but he forced the guy to use him, even it was cleared Doll wasn't his fan at all.
                      JB had around 15 or so start, but he wasn't that great in most of it, without being bad though.
                      This is where you have to impose yourself.

Comment

I know you were being cynical and meant that he needs to go anywhere semi-decent just to get playing time, but Feyenoord ain't it. I follow the Eredivisie since I was a young kid and used to think very highly of Dutch football, but the quality of the league has gone down in the recent years. Especially the gap between the good teams (Ajax / PSV) and the average teams has gotten quite big. I think even joining an upper table Championship side who wants to push for promotion / play-off spots is better for Alireza's future than going back to Eredivisie again. Feyenoord won't offer him high quality football (they aren't title contenders and they went to Conference League instead of EL / CL). For example, they lost 5-1 on aggregate to a Slovak (!) team AS Trencin during EL qualifiers few years back, the same Trencin who was struggling to survive in the league that year. Just my thoughts.
                        100%. A move to the Dutch league only makes sense if he's going to PSV or Ajax.
                        If Popper who played less than Alireza gets a transfer to PSV, I don't see how Alireza can't.

Even the Belgian league would be a better move. A reunification with his old manager at Genk to get some continental competition experience.

If his options are staying in England and training at the highest level, and going to mid-table Dutch team, then staying in Brighton is the better IMO.

As you said even the a top 5 championship team is better for his growth as a footballer. Unfortunately, seems like his agent's connections are all in Netherlands, so sadly we might see him back there.

Comment

Its disappointing bc it is just confirmation this is his max level. Start 5 games for a relegation candidate PL team or play for 5th place dutch side. Unfortunately he was just too inactive over the past 4 years to warrant a better offer. And we have to be honest and say we see the same thing in TM. He completely fails to impose himself on matches and make decisive, meaningful contributions. At best he can find a nice through ball once every few games, at worst he is ruining critical counterattack opportunities by tripping over himself, losing control of the ball, and hurdling into iraqi defenders to pick up a bad yellow card.

And looking at feyenoords team...man they are crap. Even return to AZ would have been better. Besides Argentinian CB senesi and a couple highly rated full backs the team seems devoid of any quality whatsoever throughout midfield, wing, CF spots. Only player of note is berghuis who ARJ is replacing.

I hope he really does pick up confidence and form again bc he is a total non factor atm for TM, which is a total shame considering a few years ago you could bet your house on Azmoun, Taremi, ARJ being the offensive leaders of the team for many years. Seems for skocic that Gholizadeh, Amiri are first choice guys along with azmoun and taremi, with his wildcard player being Ghoddos. ARJ is there as a reserve (like for Amiri in Iraq game) unless he turns it around fast.

Comment

If Alireza goes to Feyenoord he has the potential to turn them into title contenders.

Comment

If I was ARJ, I would stay at Brighton. He is not getting any good offers from decent teams, he is making lots of money and he is training with great players and facility. In premier league, he started six games and played in 15 games last year for a total of 525 minutes and these stats would have been higher had he not gotten hurt in the fall. He also played a lot of cup games, etc...

All of our players in Europe get less than what they deserve and we complain about it. ARJ is the opposite situation but since he is not setting premier league on fire, we are upset... I wish him luck no matter what he decided, but I am fine with him staying at Brighton too.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                If Alireza goes to Feyenoord he has the potential to turn them into title contenders.
                                LOL stop it.

Comment

Working...
                                X