Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys I’m starting to lose the tiny bit of hope I have left.. I’m always behind my favorite players even through the hardest of times. But this is turning out to be different and it’s difficult to keep coming back to this thread to read jokes about Potcrack and Potnut and Ali’s Ferrari next to the bench.. It’s beyond disappointing. Part of it is my fault, because I actually spent 90 minutes of my time watching a Brighton match, hoping that our boy would get more time on the pitch.

I’m starting to get sick. As in starting to feel like I need to throw up every time I see this thread. And the fact that there’s a possibility Ali could stay another 2 years at this club... I can’t.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
      Guys I’m starting to lose the tiny bit of hope I have left.. I’m always behind my favorite players even through the hardest of times. But this is turning out to be different and it’s difficult to keep coming back to this thread to read jokes about Potcrack and Potnut and Ali’s Ferrari next to the bench.. It’s beyond disappointing. Part of it is my fault, because I actually spent 90 minutes of my time watching a Brighton match, hoping that our boy would get more time on the pitch.

I’m starting to get sick. As in starting to feel like I need to throw up every time I see this thread. And the fact that there’s a possibility Ali could stay another 2 years at this club... I can’t.
      It does seem like ARJ's career/contract at BHA is DRAGGING on...but hang in there bro, there is always hope for our boy. Maybe Pothead will get sacked, maybe ARJ will be loaned out, maybe...maybe...just maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
        The problem is there isn't much time for that to happen. He's not that young anymore. He's probably going to go back to Holland, and any success he has there will be chalked up to the poor quality of the league. Iran might not play a 4-3-3 anymore, which would have him compete with a younger and more dynamic Gholizadeh and maybe even Ghoddos for that AM position.
        I am a fan of ARJ. I hope he can get out of this situation, but it's not gonna be easy.
        His lack of playing time is not a reflection of his quality, but the environment he’s in. If he plays for a club that actually invests in him on the field rather than just off the field (financially), he will thrive.

He’ll be 28 this year, not in the danger zone yet. I agree he needs to leave his club ASAP, but if he joined a team like Ajax, they’d beat Brighton in their sleep.

I have no doubt he’ll continue to perform well for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
          His lack of playing time is not a reflection of his quality, but the environment he’s in. If he plays for a club that actually invests in him on the field rather than just off the field (financially), he will thrive.
          This seems like optimistic speculation at the minute to be fair. There's little evidence to point to that suggests ARJ's ceiling isn't Eredivisie. There's no shame in that. As much as we hope he could have been a Depay who simply didn't suit his EPL club, the reality is he's probably more of an Afonso Alves, Vincent Janssen, Jozy Altidore, Siem de Jong, etc. Enjoy his moment in the EPL whilst it lasts.

Comment

.......you’ve got to be kidding me, right? Wow, I can’t believe I missed that. He signed a 5... a 5 year contract with this club?...

expires on 30.06.2023

i dont care about him anymore as long as he stays in brighton nobody should feel sorry for him.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              It does seem like ARJ's career/contract at BHA is DRAGGING on...but hang in there bro, there is always hope for our boy. Maybe Pothead will get sacked, maybe ARJ will be loaned out, maybe...maybe...just maybe.
              Maybe hell freezes over..

Comment

.......you’ve got to be kidding me, right? Wow, I can’t believe I missed that. He signed a 5... a 5 year contract with this club?...

My opinion is that Brighton has no problem cutting his contract to 3 years right now. It is Jahanbakhsh that wants it to remain 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                  This seems like optimistic speculation at the minute to be fair. There's little evidence to point to that suggests ARJ's ceiling isn't Eredivisie. There's no shame in that. As much as we hope he could have been a Depay who simply didn't suit his EPL club, the reality is he's probably more of an Afonso Alves, Vincent Janssen, Jozy Altidore, Siem de Jong, etc. Enjoy his moment in the EPL whilst it lasts.
                  There you go again, putting down JB with no clear evidence in hand. Kind of like your praise of Potter. NO EVIDENCE.

Facts are:

- By any impartial measure, whenever he has had full games, he has performed better than most of the other "starters".

- When he has performed well, he has not been rewarded with more minutes, but has been benched or not even named to the squad.

- When he has performed well, rather than being praised (you know what most normal coaches do), he has been criticized by Potter.

- He has never had a good run of games under Potter, under any scenario. No one, not even Messi, can play a few minutes every other month and have an impact.

I am not sure what your fascination with Potter is, but the evidence is clear. HE IS INCOMPETENT. The results show it. His leadership abilities are non-existent. His record is miserable in every league he has coached (with the exception of Swedish 3rd tier).

And his treatment of JB is criminal.
                  Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

0 speculation....fact is when JB has performed, he has not been rewarded with more playing time. After Bournemouth and Chelsea goals he was not given any string of starts but rather one match and when he didn’t get on the score sheet, potterball punished him and put him back on the bench.

There is nothing anyone can say that speaks to why, on 2 different occasions l, when JB shows himself consistently that potter opts not to reward him. The stretch last year and the stretch earlier this season with his goals in the cup matches.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
                      There you go again, putting down JB with no clear evidence in hand. Kind of like your praise of Potter. NO EVIDENCE.

Facts are:

- By any impartial measure, whenever he has had full games, he has performed better than most of the other "starters".

- When he has performed well, he has not been rewarded with more minutes, but has been benched or not even named to the squad.

- When he has performed well, rather than being praised (you know what most normal coaches do), he has been criticized by Potter.

- He has never had a good run of games under Potter, under any scenario. No one, not even Messi, can play a few minutes every other month and have an impact.

I am not sure what your fascination with Potter is, but the evidence is clear. HE IS INCOMPETENT. The results show it. His leadership abilities are non-existent. His record is miserable in every league he has coached (with the exception of Swedish 3rd tier).

And his treatment of JB is criminal.
                      You're the one who seems intent to be drawing the conversation back to Potter.

ARJ has played professional football for a decade now and going off the EVIDENCE, it seems fair to argue that his ceiling may be the Eredivisie given he has failed to demonstrate he is capable of thriving at a higher level.

The argument that it is merely Potter holding him back is a bit dodgy given he had similar failures under Hughton (and Quieroz?).

He's spent 2.5 years in EPL across 2 managers in a weak club and has only managed 2,392 mins, yielding 4 goals (2 of which against lower-league opposition). This is not EVIDENCE that he is incapable, simply that there is no EVIDENCE he can succeed at this level. His international career again seems to back this up.

There's really not much more to it, yes, he might be the next Messi in waiting but odds are he's just not good enough to meet the expectations of some.

Now, on the other hand, if you want to speak about the EVIDENCE on Potter, I'll send you my direct line because we can go all night

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        0 speculation....fact is when JB has performed, he has not been rewarded with more playing time. After Bournemouth and Chelsea goals he was not given any string of starts but rather one match and when he didn’t get on the score sheet, potterball punished him and put him back on the bench.

There is nothing anyone can say that speaks to why, on 2 different occasions l, when JB shows himself consistently that potter opts not to reward him. The stretch last year and the stretch earlier this season with his goals in the cup matches.
                        He has had moments of promise in the last 2.5 years (largely against lower league opposition) but we really need to accept that he hasn't shown enough. We can sit and over-analyse 5 yard passes he makes but ultimately, if you're a €19m Eredivisie top-scorer looking to make your mark, you need to show more than the odd moment. Yes, his opportunities have been restricted in matches but he's still been training day in day out for the last 2.5 years and is clearly not showing all that much there either which is why literally not a single soul that isn't familiar with the concept of Tahdig is calling for his inclusion into a struggling team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                          expires on 30.06.2023

i dont care about him anymore as long as he stays in brighton nobody should feel sorry for him.
                          yup... they werent gonna fork over such big sum$ and not tie their highest priced transfer (at the time) to a min of 5 year...! its the typical length for these sorts of transfers..!

like i said before, Ali has had somewhat $ensible reasons SO FAR for staying put at BHA, but if he remains a Seagull after this summer ,then the reason can ONLY be pegged down to GREED and/or Disillusion... or perhaps a combo of both, but still mostly greed..!!
                          Bold above hold true for me as well if he remains at BHA Past this summer..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            yup... they werent gonna fork over such big sum$ and not tie their highest priced transfer (at the time) to a min of 5 year...! its the typical length for these sorts of transfers..!
                            like i said before, Ali has had somewhat $ensible reasons SO FAR for staying put at BHA, but if he remains a Seagull after this summer ,then the reason can ONLY be pegged down to GREED and/or Disillusion... or perhaps a combo of both, but still mostly greed..!!
                            Bold above hold true for me as well if he remains at BHA Past this summer..!!
                            Lets just hope he doesnt extend his contract
                            "im going to prove my loyality to the club in the championship and bring them back to premier league"
                            contract extended with 2 more years :P
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                              Lets just hope he doesnt extend his contract
                              "im going to prove my loyality to the club in the championship and bring them back to premier league"
                              contract extended with 2 more years :P
                              He already did it once with NEC :|

Comment

Throughout history, do you know how many players were killing it on an EPL team, only to suck when they switched to a different team?

Since when does one EPL club (be it Brighton of all clubs) be a litmus test for whether or not a player is EPL caliber?

Plus the clear proof when ARJ was producing in limited minutes last year, and he was barely rewarded.

I’m actually a realist, who takes into consideration the context. We can agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X