This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
    I personally think you've misconstrued his comments slightly. The full quote is:
    "When we came he was a little low in confidence, not quite sure of his role and just adapting to the league and the country. We forget that there is a big challenge in that when you come from a different league and a different country."
    I think if you look at his career to date suggesting AliJ takes a while to settle at a new club. His first season in Holland at NEC he got 5 goals, followed by 12 in his second season. His first season at AZ he scored 3 goals, followed by 10 & 21 in his second and third season. The fact that his move to England coincided with being mismanaged by Hughton & a few niggly injuries have just exasperated those problems.
    There is always an undercurrent in a lot of posts on here that Potter is racist towards Iran/Iranians. I've asked people to expand on this a few times, because it's an interesting point to me. There's always a lot of anger towards Potter because of this perceived racism/xenophobia. It does truly make me wonder if people realise it was Potter who signed Ghoddos for Östersund and put enough faith in him 93 times across 3 seasons. Infact, it was whilst playing for Potter that Ghoddos switched from Sweden to Iran internationally.
    It seems strange that people have jumped to Potter being racist for saying it's taken Jahanbakhsh time to settle into a new league and country rather than seeing it as Potter; who has spent the last 12 months getting to know Jahanbakhsh personally saying it because it's what he believes about AliJ on a personal level.
    Many of us here are frustrated about Ali not playing and I am wondering how disrespect this club is towards our Ali! Ali has adjusted to the league and club he speaks fluent English and has no problem in any area whatsoever yet potter gives him 5 minutes here and there in dead and buried games and/or when his game plans have completely vaporised and so weirdly advises our Ali to score less spectacular goals but more often in 5 minutes of those games that his XI have fucked up!! He is wasting Ali. He is kept the XI door well closed on him and every time he produces a good show your pothead says Ali is knocking on the door or he deserves to start but not good enough to be included in the squad. I mean talking about taking the piss in the most pathetic way this is! This club is either a corrupt and player selection is not decided based on the norms or something that I don't know. How can Ali prove himself if he is not given any serious and countable chance. 5 min here and there or a start in a blue moon is not it.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Whatever situation Ali is in he put himself there for one, considering that he had a Leicester move lined up for him which was a better move for him in every possible way now why in the living fuck he went to Brighton because that “I had a better feeling here” is some sissy ass bullshit so for everybody complaining about his playing time know it’s his own fault for choosing this team. Because he really seemed to love the feeling of bench and not making to the first team while Leicester at that time had just sold their RW in Mahrez and they wished for AJB to be his replacement and tbh I really think he would’ve flourished there and if not he’d be at a great club with a good coach with a even bigger salary, making EVEN THE BENCH would be acceptable at Leicester when you look at that teams accomplishments. Now in other news let’s take this season with a grain of salt because for one this season he has already received the most playing time out of all 3 seasons so far at the club and already managed to put in a goal (even though it’s in the shit cup) Let’s not forget when Potter first took over Ali didn’t even make the squad which imo was weaker than the current one.
      Also Leicester just picked up Cengiz Under as RW lol

Comment

Lol at the 'Potter is an idiot' posts as his side win 3-0 away from home with ARJ's replacements scoring/assisting. Go have a lie down.

Comment

I think we all need to gang up and attack the Brighton forum one day and how potter is dumb lol

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            Lol at the 'Potter is an idiot' posts as his side win 3-0 away from home with ARJ's replacements scoring/assisting. Go have a lie down.
            Unfortunatley you make a solid counter arguement

Comment

The team has won like 4 or 5 times in the entire year 2020.

Nothing impressive about brightons results under potter in a Macro sense, individual performances here and there have been good tho.
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Last season was a success for Brighton and Potter and this season, they look to be building on that. It helps that they've ended up with Hossein Kaebi and Ngolo Kante's love child through the idiocy of Chelsea but rest assured, Potter is a don. We'd do well to remember he was behind the making of Ghoddos before we label him a racist

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  The team has won like 4 or 5 times in the entire year 2020.
                  Nothing impressive about brightons results under potter in a Macro sense, individual performances here and there have been good tho.
                  its 4 wins. The amount of mental gymnastics needed to validate everything potter does when he has 4 wins in 2020 is kind of remarkable.

Its ok to just admit ARJ has not been afforded a big chance, potter says weird things in the press about him ( he needs to score more simple goals bc he cant recreate what hes doing, come on man that is called killing a players confidence almost on purpose), and brightons replacements despite playing sooooooo many more minutes have not lit the PL alight either. Thats pretty much the long and short of it. It is not racism, but Im sure had ARJ been british he would get the mins that conolly is getting. Potter sees him as his homegrown young player project so what can ARJ do about that. As somebody who has supported arsenal I can tell you this bias played a HUGE part in development of our youngsters. Guys like Gnabry (now at Bayern), Reine adelaide (now at Lyon), Bennacer (now at milan), Donyell Malen (now a star at PSV) all had wayyyyyy more to give than washed up crap like walcott, wilshere and overrated "local" lads like willock, iwobi, nketiah, holding, etc, but hardly got any minutes to prove themselves while fans defended the under performing british losers for years and years before reaching same conclusion that they were overated, after we had shipped off all of the aforementioned young talent for peanuts.

This is not "racism" but it is clear a bias/preference that does not involve skill level. And its ok to admit it exists and give your mind a rest from the mental gymnastics you go through to justify ARJ getting such little minutes. I think a 20-30 min cameo, especially considering how ineffective conolly and solly march were for so long in the game is quite reasonable given ARJ's league cup appearance, and given the game was not really in the balance either. Im sure if it were the reverse and ARJ was starting he would not be afforded that extra time to play through a large lifeless spell in the match, and would be yanked at min 50. And before some halfwit says march doesnt play ARJs position after lampteys injury the guy was playing RW and literally did not do a SINGLE thing.

Comment

It’s just 1 game they won. I’m not convinced they’re a good team till they win consistently.

If ARJ doesn’t play much cuz the team is “good this year,” then what was the excuse last year?

If he doesn’t significantly get more playing time this year, he should 100% get out. Or else he’s committing football suicide.

Comment

Its not a race thing - but he is against JB - simply for basic management reasons.
                      Every manager in any profession always wants to get in his/her boss' good graces by showing them that they can get equivalent or better results all while decreasing costs.

He's trying to make his predecessor's previous signing look bad - but he hasn't been successful because every time he actually gives decent minutes, JB does pretty good. He got them at least 4-5 points last year (enough to avoid relegation) and as he is a consummate professional, I am sure there are others in the club who don't want to let him go.

tldr; Potter doesn't like JB, but not because of race.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Its not a race thing - but he is against JB - simply for basic management reasons.
                        Every manager in any profession always wants to get in his/her boss' good graces by showing them that they can get equivalent or better results all while decreasing costs.

He's trying to make his predecessor's previous signing look bad - but he hasn't been successful because every time he actually gives decent minutes, JB does pretty good. He got them at least 4-5 points last year (enough to avoid relegation) and as he is a consummate professional, I am sure there are others in the club who don't want to let him go.

Perfectly said Nokhodi! This is a coach decision. We cannot change it. Ali cannot change it. It is what the coach prefers. As long his team is doing decent there is no force for him to change. Many players get treated like this all over different leagues. This case happens to be our ARJ.

I am very sure Potter gets news of all the hate Iranian fans are sending him and BHAFC. This will not help ARJ case but only make it worse.

Chill, relax, grab a beer and enjoy the season. It is ARJ choice to stay. Stop fighting it but enjoy watching him play even with the small minutes he gets. Support BHAFC and Potter and I promise you ARJ situation will get better.
                        EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Last season was a success for Brighton and Potter and this season, they look to be building on that. It helps that they've ended up with Hossein Kaebi and Ngolo Kante's love child through the idiocy of Chelsea but rest assured, Potter is a don. We'd do well to remember he was behind the making of Ghoddos before we label him a racist
                          "Success" be nazare man ziyaaderavie.

Brighton fasle pish dar raddeye 15 jay gereft va teamhaayi ke ziresh bood dar jadval, West Ham, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford va Norwich

hamaoshoon vaghean EFTEZAAH baazi kardan.

Potter on kaari ke bayad mikard anjam daad = Brighton dar PL mand. Na bishtar, na kamtar.
                          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            It remains and probably will remain a mystery as to why "the XI door is shut on Ali"? But this is one credible explanation.
                            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                            نگاه میکنید.
                            sigpic
                            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                              Perfectly said Nokhodi! This is a coach decision. We cannot change it. Ali cannot change it. It is what the coach prefers. As long his team is doing decent there is no force for him to change. Many players get treated like this all over different leagues. This case happens to be our ARJ.
                              I am very sure Potter gets news of all the hate Iranian fans are sending him and BHAFC. This will not help ARJ case but only make it worse.
                              Chill, relax, grab a beer and enjoy the season. It is ARJ choice to stay. Stop fighting it but enjoy watching him play even with the small minutes he gets. Support BHAFC and Potter and I promise you ARJ situation will get better.
                              I read on Iranian medias that iranians flooded brighton Twitter after they posted brighton line up yesterday. It was filled with anti potter comments and brighton deleted the comment section after that

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                                Great theory, really brilliant.
                                One small hole in it. If this was the case then why would Potter play him at all? He'll get a bonus fee for being in the squad, he'll get an apperance bonus even if he comes on with 2 minutes left, he'll get a goal bonus for playing in the cup. If the club are purposfully not playing to get back at him then why haven't they completly froze him out of the first team and made him train with the youth squad?
                                "Grrr, we're so angry that this player because he won't leave the club, so let's continue to put him in the squad so we have to pay him more. That'll teach him!"
                                Its pretty simple actually ; MONEY!

ARJ has cost your club a lot of money and they want (some of it) back.

IF Pothead had balls, he would tell ARJ & his boss (being the club paying him) that he isn't in his plans, but Pothead has no such balls and plays games with Brighton asset & ARJ his career.
                                Its much easier than standing eye in eye with the club who pays your wage and tell them to write off their millions put in a 5 year contract for a talent who should payback (efficiency).
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X