• YES - Happy with Dragan Skocic choice as COACH

34 47.22%
  • NO - Dragan Skocic choice was WRONG

10 13.89%
  • I am not sure.

28 38.89%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you happy with the choice of 'Dragan Skocic'???

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,297 Times in 434 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by nisfejahan View Post
    Let me tell you how I feel by telling you an old Russian joke:

An old, poor man and his wife are living in a one-room shack and are having a very hard time. So they go to their Rabbi and tell him our living condition is horrible. We do not have any room. We cannot take it anymore. What can we do?

The Rabbi says, go ask you mother-in-law to live with you. The man says, how is that going to help. The Rabbi says just do it. So the mother-in-law moves in and a week later the man goes to the Rabbi and says, it didn't improve things. Its worse now. The Rabbi says, go and ask the neighbor to move in with you. Just do it.

SO the neighbor moves in and after a week, the man goes back to the Rabbi and says, it is much worse now. We don't have any room to breath now. The rabbi says, go bring your cow inside the shack as well. Just do it. The the man brings the cow inside too. After a week he goes back to the Rabbi and say. That's it. I cannot take this anymore. I am going to kill myself. Then the Rabbi says, now go back and throw your mother-in-law, your neighbor and the cow out. The man goes home and evicts everyone.

When the Rabbi asks him how he feels, he says, "I am so happy, we have so much room now.
    ==================================

Is Skocic the ideal candidate?! No. Was he my first, second, or third choice?! No. But after the shit-show that is IFF, and after Wilmots and a few months with no coach, and after a few half-acceptable domestic coaches refused, he is the best we can do. Definitely better than no coach at all.

So, I am so happy with Skocic.
    How low can we get? like seriously? do you think we even have a chance with this 3rd rated coach? against bahrain and iraq at home?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,451 Times in 1,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJPedram View Post
    why do you say that? based on what findings?
    The two Iranian candidates screwed up the last time they were given the TM job. Who was your preferred choice for TM?
    Last edited by _Navid_; 02-08-2020 at 12:50 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to _Navid_ For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Not bad but I hope we can bring in Vicente del Bosque like Carlos Quriouz and better. Vicente del Bosque is a real professional coach and high-class and I am sure he will bring us suprise.

Even our mistake is we had to keep Carlos Quriouz with Team Melli I will never forget his time and great work. I wish Dragan succes with Iran but I am not sure he will do better than Wilmots have my words and he not so much experience like Carlos Qurioz did.

at World Cup 2018 everyone was surprised by the achievements of Iran

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Shahab sometimes you say things i really dont get , losers turned down TM job and you talk about names like Del Bosque ? IFF doesnt have Money, IFF doesnt prepare friendlies, Irans next game is in 1-2 month and we dont know anything, we dont even have press conferences and you talk about Del Bosque.

Be happy with Dragan, we should even be the happiest on earth if Branko came, its Iran, its IFF , the best is even to forget iranian football and enjoy the legionairs
    Vive la résistance

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shahabGAOL View Post
    Not bad but I hope we can bring in Vicente del Bosque like Carlos Quriouz and better. Vicente del Bosque is a real professional coach and high-class and I am sure he will bring us suprise.

Even our mistake is we had to keep Carlos Quriouz with Team Melli I will never forget his time and great work. I wish Dragan succes with Iran but I am not sure he will do better than Wilmots have my words and he not so much experience like Carlos Qurioz did.

at World Cup 2018 everyone was surprised by the achievements of Iran
    Asan why dont we get guardiola while we are at it

Ando 14

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,034 Times in 962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJPedram View Post
    why do you say that? based on what findings?
    Skocic won the Croatian Cup with Rijeka, and the Slovenian Cup with Interblock. These two wins alone make him more accomplished, decorated and qualified than any Iranian coach.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,078 Times in 4,095 Posts
    You ppl talking about CQ are absolutely delusional. Many of you didn’t appreciate him enough while we had him and don’t realize he was a once in a lifetime coach for TM. Managers of that caliber just wont come to Iran for so many reasons. The unfortunate reality is starting to sink in for you guys.....
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 5,697 Times in 2,622 Posts
    I'm just glad GN isn't there.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

12. The Following User Says Thank You to OFFSIDE_1 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,148 Times in 529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
    I'm just glad GN isn't there.
    In my opinion GN would have been the worst candidate. I am in disbelief that he was considered.

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,380 Times in 4,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    You ppl talking about CQ are absolutely delusional. Many of you didn’t appreciate him enough while we had him and don’t realize he was a once in a lifetime coach for TM. Managers of that caliber just wont come to Iran for so many reasons. The unfortunate reality is starting to sink in for you guys.....

This so true. People in general, everywhere, don’t appreciate what they have while they have them. Once gone, the emptiness comes, and we start to miss what we had. Its sadly human nature.
    Hope we learn our lessons some time.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 120

You do not have permission to view the list of names.