Breaking News !! Marc Wilmots officially out.. Branko probably the replacement - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News !! Marc Wilmots officially out.. Branko probably the replacement

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,591 Times in 7,195 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Van Marwijk got sacked by UAE, wonder if IFF will consider him, he knows the Are, coached UAE and Saudi before.
    Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    Expensive and wants to be a satellite coach.
    I personally don't think he's a a good coach anyways.
    Renard and Osorio may be free soon as well.
    Last edited by Nokhodi; 12-04-2019 at 12:05 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,478 Times in 4,405 Posts
    Best ever TM riddance. He was an overrated coach with zero passion and interest for his team. Never seen such a demotivated with cold personality TM coach. Let's see who we will see as the next TM coach. I am confident it will be either an Irooni or Branko at best!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Keano For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,598 Times in 1,832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Good. Most unanimous hatred for a TM coach since maybe ... ever?
    Since Branko?! ;o)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

6. The Following User Says Thank You to khodam For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Branko is the best possible choice right now

This man knows Iran and Iranian football

He has spent 13 years in Iran as assistant coach and head coach of TM and Perspolis.

You guys are very wrong about Branko being a regim coach and devisive with the players.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stmaserati View Post
    I hate this whole CQ vs Branko thing. Who was a better coach for TM, by far and away CQ you can add up all the coaches ever and none of them comes up to half of him. But.....Branko may be second. He isn't some subservient to the IR, they wanted him out in 2005. People look at his squad and say he should have done better with it, but he qualified with ease beating the likes of Japan on the way. Iran had a semifinal finish at the AC and really should have been in the finals (referee in the china game). Okay that was one occurrence but he came back to Iran did very well with Persepolis getting them to the AC final. Yes he has many faults, and isn't going to help develop Iran like CQ did, but he would be someone who could steady the ship and if he we do get of the the second round he'd deserve the Job going into the third round (remember we need to win out all 4 games to have a CHANCE). In the situation Iran find themselves in, we need someone who knows Iranian football and has accolades to prove winning success, and CQ isn't coming back, Branko really is our only hope if we wanna qualify atm. He knows the people, he knows the players and he's hungry to prove CQ fans wrong, and whats wrong. He has to do that by winning and that is good for TM
    Agree with the gist of your post except the bold. Can you explain to those of us less observant what it was that CQ developed? I asked another member but it appears he did not know neither even though he had claimed so.

PFDC Hall of Famer

Thanks
    Thanked 2,811 Times in 1,191 Posts
    CQ developed the Pek center and that is it.

But no youth development of any kind at all.

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Why no stramaccioni ?

Forum Staff

ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,478 Times in 4,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IranPowned View Post
    Why no stramaccioni ?
    Because he is already under a contract with Esteghlal!

High-Ranked Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Keano View Post
    Because he is already under a contract with Esteghlal!
    So what, like contracts have value in Iran?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IranPowned For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,359 Times in 1,492 Posts
    I prefer Aghajanian instead of Branko myself as he can bring CQ's system back and he knows our players.

Having said that, as a non-perspolisi I have to say, I really don't get this Branko bashing by so many people. Yes....he f*cked up our WC in 2006. Yes he did not invite certain deserving players and yes in TM there was way too much hashiyeh among the players during "parts of" his reign. But look at his other achievements which is easily ignored by most fans here. He won the Asian games in Busan (when was the last time we did that?). He qualified us to the WC (which is the most important thing we need right now) and he made magic with Perspolis. How many times does he have to come to Iran and achieve good things before people can lay off his a$$?

I mean yes, I do myself prefer a great coach, like CQ at the helm of TM too. But given the circumstances and Branko's achievements every time he's sat foot in Iran, he's most definitely a very good choice rather than the opposite. but it seems like there is a systematic mass movement going on to belittle the guy and his achievements way more than he really deserves and there is no clear logic behind it. and many people just follow the band wagon without knowing why. Just because everybody says so?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 207

You do not have permission to view the list of names.