Iran lodges complaint against Bahrain over disrespecting national anthem

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iran lodges complaint against Bahrain over disrespecting national anthem

Hybrid View

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 1,425 Posts

Iran lodges complaint against Bahrain over disrespecting national anthem

This is truly atrocious. (video in link below)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

National football teams of Iran and Bahrain held a match on Tuesday in the Matchday three of Group C of qualifiers for World Cup 2022 and AFC Asian Cup 2023. The match ended with a 1-0 victory for the host while Iranian players lost many chances and, as coach Marc Wilmot’s described it, were ‘punished’.

However, the match started with a controversial move by Bahraini fans and even a weirder reaction by Bahraini players on the pitch. As soon as Iran’s national anthem was played, fans started booing and making a lot of noise while Bahraini players laughed at the fan's action as a sign of approval.

Iranian football federation spokesman Amir Mahdi Alavi voiced deep regret over the issue, saying “Football Federation’s strong protest over this unmannerly behavior was filed and sent to the match supervisor and to the AFC and FIFA for further investigation.”

Also, Iran's Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Masoud Soltanifar said that “Bahraini fans and players’ insult to our national anthem is a gross violation of the FIFA and International Olympic Committee regulations and will follow up the case in international bodies.”

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,537 Times in 717 Posts
    absolutely disgusting and animalistic behavior by both bahrain fans and players.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Farhad-7 For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    Thanks
    I'm obviously not supporting the Bahrainis for what they did, but we shouldn't be hypocrites and act as if other national teams are always welcomed and respected at Azadi. Example: Iran-Qatar three years ago. Watch from minute 21:00:

On the other side, I hope the boys become even more motivated to beat them with a high number of goals when they play in Tehran next year. Also, let's hope that the stadium will be packed.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,381 Times in 6,018 Posts
    What classless animals.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,189 Times in 1,841 Posts
    bahrain fans need to behave better, we have to behave better also, but we dont boo a national team

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,253 Times in 4,608 Posts
    does Iran really think Arab-FC will take their side against arabs?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Abtin For This Useful Post:

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,381 Times in 6,018 Posts
    It reminds me of the time after a shooting incident where the crowd and Australian team were holding a moment of silence while the 8-0ers were dancing and prancing around on the field.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Some more details about how Bahrain Fans represent Arabic-Culture at its best: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

High-Ranked Member
    Thanks
    I don't really see anything wrong with what their players did.... And the fans can boo all they want... What I am most disappointed about is that our players after listening to them boo our national anthem, weren't able to shut them up on the field... I am very very disappointed by that.
    NEDA

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shah(SK)kia For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shah(SK)kia View Post
    I don't really see anything wrong with what their players did.... And the fans can boo all they want... What I am most disappointed about is that our players after listening to them boo our national anthem, weren't able to shut them up on the field... I am very very disappointed by that.
    We created enough chances to win this game. Anyways i think in Azadi we are going to smash them 4-0 or even 5-0.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 201

You do not have permission to view the list of names.