No announcement yet.

Iran vs Cambodia Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have a list of the assisters for the goals?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      In the sport of Association Football, normally when 10+ goals are scored against a team, the goalie is last person you’d want to blame.
      I actually identified where the goalie was poor in each goal scored. As a goalie who played Div 1 in Toronto, he isn't even at that level. He lacks positioning and simple technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
        Players going over to the women’s section after the match https://twitter.com/mehdimaleki59/st...571407362?s=21
        The most beautiful moment of the match day in stadium!

Comment

so what was that picture of a cage like section was it fake news?

Comment

My man of the match was that lone Cambodia fan that was in attendance at the stadium. True fan, even at 10-0 the guy was still cheering his team on.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
              with quieroz we would have won this match 2-0 but the difference is how queiroz played the big teams, Lets see how TM will be against big teams under wilmots
              Oh stop that anti CQ persopolis BS man ! CQ is gone and he is doing perfect in colombia!

Iran 8 - 1 Papua New Guinea
              Guam 0 - 6 Iran
              Iran 6 - 0 Kyrgyz Republic
              Iran 6 - 0 Guam
              Iran 5 - 0 Yemen

Great attacking by our team but again the DF line is worrying me ! 2-3 crappy counter attacks and our DF line messed up in one of them and gave them 1-1 chance to penanlty.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                Oh stop that anti CQ persopolis BS man ! CQ is gone and he is doing perfect in colombia!

Iran 8 - 1 Papua New Guinea
                Guam 0 - 6 Iran
                Iran 6 - 0 Kyrgyz Republic
                Iran 6 - 0 Guam
                Iran 5 - 0 Yemen

Great attacking by our team but again the DF line is worrying me ! 2-3 crappy counter attacks and our DF line messed up in one of them and gave them 1-1 chance to penanlty.
                that was said sarcastically, I am a huge cq supporter and wish we still had him. I was actually saying that 14-0 vs cambodia doesnt mean anything, lets see how wilmost does vs south korea. Ill never forget how cq owned korea.
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                  Well, we can't fault the boys for a memorable, record-breaking night!

Some Interesting facts about the match:

- Team Melli's biggest ever win in Tehran - a memorable gift without a doubt to TM's female fans at the stadium today!

- TM's 2nd biggest win at home, 3rd biggest anywhere and biggest win since November 2000 (Iran 19-Guam 0)!

- Cambodia's biggest ever defeat (previous record 10-0).

- Only the second TM match ever, where 2 TM players scored hat-tricks (Daei and Majidi against Guam in 2000 being the only other one).

- First TM Match since 2004 where a TM player scored 4 goals (Daei against Laos).

- Only Iran's Golden Generation in a limited period between 1997 and 2000 manged to reach double digits against two opponents (Guam & Maldives).

And last but certainly not least... the first ever appearance of a TM player with a "Something About Mary" hairstyle! To commemorate that, this hairstyle in Iran will be called "Something About Mehrdad" from now on!
                  Post of the day [emoji115]

First time we see you back since the Asian Cup bro!
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
                    Cambodia players would butt rape your Div 1 Toronto bros in the dressing room before the game even begins.

Quit complaining and get back to your FIFA game.

Comment

Iran vs Cambodia Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

They should only allow Iranian woman to enter our stadiums
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                        that was said sarcastically, I am a huge cq supporter and wish we still had him. I was actually saying that 14-0 vs cambodia doesnt mean anything, lets see how wilmost does vs south korea. Ill never forget how cq owned korea.
                        Oh sos my bad bro. I thought you were serious. I've seen similar comment from iranians (inside iran) in social media ! I was not expecting to see that comment in here. Its cool man im glad you on it.

Comment

^ And to add to that, Queiroz handed this team to Wilmots. How lucky must a guy like Wilmots be to have inherited THIS team.

I feel like Wilmots has a liking for Golden Generations. He was there for Belgium and he is here for Iran lol.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                            ^ And to add to that, Queiroz handed this team to Wilmots. How lucky must a guy like Wilmots be to have inherited THIS team.

I feel like Wilmots has a liking for Golden Generations. He was there for Belgium and he is here for Iran lol.
                            Yea man i agree but the deffense line is worrying me to be honest. I guess we can see it get tested in next match . Not that bahrain is super power team but at least they can counter attack pretty well. Just like how they did it on Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                              It's not really a choice. The goalkeeper lacks basic technique and positioning. We beat 14-0 a team of amateurs. I can play a better team this Sunday in Div 1 Toronto leagues.
                              Again, what is your point. You can play a better team, so can I, but TM had to play this cambodia team, whether you like it or not. They beat what was in front of them handily. We move on to the next game. I dont think players, management or fans are making too much of the result. Its not exactly breaking news that cambodia is not a powerhouse...

Comment

I missed the game as I was out of work but checked when I came out and wow what a result.
                                Some people seem to still be finding some sort of criticism but Cambodia only conceded 2 goals in the last 2 games, the Bahrain team that some people on here are worried about only put one goal past them .
                                They qualified for the group stage by advancing through a play off so deserve a place in the group, we just absolutely put them to the sword.
                                We could probably argue about the quality of this Cambodia team for ages but most importantly our goal difference is now +16, that is like having an extra point if we are equal with anyone at the end (which won’t happen).
                                Also this kind of result puts fear into our future opposition, Bahrain will now be crapping themselves about going against our attack and it gives us a psychological edge.
                                Well done to our boys and also beautiful to see our women in the stadium watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X