Mehdi Taremi @ Rio Ave F.C. | 2019-2020 - Page 8

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 230 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 2296

Thread: Mehdi Taremi @ Rio Ave F.C. | 2019-2020

  1. #71
    Banned
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Montréal, QC
    Posts
    5,133
    Thanks
    2,216
    Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,366 Posts
    Rep Power
    0


    Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Every aspect? I don't agree at all. Even though I like Taremi a lot, he is a much weaker finisher than Hashemian ever was. If you count their number of missed scoring chances, it's not even comparable. In addition, Hashemian was faster too. Taremi is more powerful and he can come up with very smart solutions during the games at times. In terms of professionalism, they are not comparable either.
    Well Vahid had couple of prime seasons mainly between 2003 to 2005, other than that he didn't do that great in Germany, his 16 goals in Bundesliga pretty much helped him to earn other contracts for the rest of his career in Germany, including one with Bayern(which was a failure). Having said that i loved Vahid work ethic, exemplary considering he wasn't the most talented one but lasted more than anyone in Europe.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:


  3. #72
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 987 Posts
    Rep Power
    3371628
    Mehdi is on the bench at the moment , early in first half and they are 1-0 down in a friendly against Famalicao.

  4. #73
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks
    3,582
    Thanked 3,359 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Rep Power
    6145389
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Well Vahid had couple of prime seasons mainly between 2003 to 2005, other than that he didn't do that great in Germany, his 16 goals in Bundesliga pretty much helped him to earn other contracts for the rest of his career in Germany, including one with Bayern(which was a failure). Having said that i loved Vahid work ethic, exemplary considering he wasn't the most talented one but lasted more than anyone in Europe.
    Sure but we're talking about their skills in their prime.

    I like Taremi but I doubt he will be getting interests from the top 5 leagues anytime soon, let alone scoring 16 goals in a season there.

  5. #74
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,283
    Thanks
    1,352
    Thanked 2,065 Times in 987 Posts
    Rep Power
    3371628
    So he played his first friendly tonight , they lost 2-1. Can’t find any details on how he played or how long. Everyone seems to be too occupied on how he compares to Hashemian 😀, two completely different kinds of players.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:


  7. #75
    Banned
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,240
    Thanks
    2,870
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 770 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Much weaker finisher than Hashemian? Lol Tarwmi has a better scoring average than Hashemian despite the fact that he plays as a winger and sometimes even midfielder for TM. Hashemian faster than taremi?? Hahah man you can't be serious, Taremi is faster, stronger, much more athletic, agile, by far better dribbler, better passer etc like i said earlier there is not a single aspect that Hashemian is better in than Taremi, except for headers and yes Hashemian was more a professional than Taremi, but thas has more to do with mentality than skills. If Taremi had Hashemiam's professional attitude he'd tear the Bundesliga apart. Taremi is after Azmoun and Daei the most talented forward in TM's history.

  8. #76
    Banned
    Reputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,240
    Thanks
    2,870
    Thanked 1,589 Times in 770 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Every aspect? I don't agree at all. Even though I like Taremi a lot, he is a much weaker finisher than Hashemian ever was. If you count their number of missed scoring chances, it's not even comparable. In addition, Hashemian was faster too. Taremi is more powerful and he can come up with very smart solutions during the games at times. In terms of professionalism, they are not comparable either.
    Much weaker finisher than Hashemian? Lol Tarwmi has a better scoring average than Hashemian despite the fact that he plays as a winger and sometimes even midfielder for TM. Hashemian faster than taremi?? Hahah man you can't be serious, Taremi is faster, stronger, much more athletic, agile, by far better dribbler, better passer etc like i said earlier there is not a single aspect that Hashemian is better in than Taremi, except for headers and yes Hashemian was more a professional than Taremi, but thas has more to do with mentality than skills. If Taremi had Hashemiam's professional attitude he'd tear the Bundesliga apart. Taremi is after Azmoun and Daei the most talented forward in TM's history.

  9. #77
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks
    3,582
    Thanked 3,359 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Rep Power
    6145389
    Quote Originally Posted by sirvan View Post
    Much weaker finisher than Hashemian? Lol Tarwmi has a better scoring average than Hashemian despite the fact that he plays as a winger and sometimes even midfielder for TM. Hashemian faster than taremi?? Hahah man you can't be serious, Taremi is faster, stronger, much more athletic, agile, by far better dribbler, better passer etc like i said earlier there is not a single aspect that Hashemian is better in than Taremi, except for headers and yes Hashemian was more a professional than Taremi, but thas has more to do with mentality than skills. If Taremi had Hashemiam's professional attitude he'd tear the Bundesliga apart. Taremi is after Azmoun and Daei the most talented forward in TM's history.
    Well, let's agree to disagree. A better finisher is not necessarily measured by only their average scoring stats. As said, you have to put their missed chances into the calculation. Taremi scores a goal out of 10 scoring chances per game. Hashemian at his prime, only needed 2 or 3 chances to score.

    Taremi is a very good player but speed is not among his advantages. You're being delusional dude.

    Ps. Hashemian played for TM mostly during Branko's time, at a time where old Daei was consistently played as the lone striker upfront and just like Taremi, Hashemian was used in the wing.

  10. #78
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,971
    Thanks
    8,096
    Thanked 18,712 Times in 5,919 Posts
    Rep Power
    310995
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Well, let's agree to disagree. A better finisher is not necessarily measured by only their average scoring stats. As said, you have to put their missed chances into the calculation. Taremi scores a goal out of 10 scoring chances per game. Hashemian at his prime, only needed 2 or 3 chances to score.

    Taremi is a very good player but speed is not among his advantages. You're being delusional dude.

    Ps. Hashemian played for TM mostly during Branko's time, at a time where old Daei was consistently played as the lone striker upfront and just like Taremi, Hashemian was used in the wing.
    taremi is deceptively fast. See azmouns goal vs Russia away in Kazan.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:


  12. #79
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,995
    Thanks
    3,582
    Thanked 3,359 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Rep Power
    6145389
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    taremi is deceptively fast. See azmouns goal vs Russia away in Kazan.
    Yes, have a look at the video again. The Russian defender easily caught up with him, but he's powerful and physically strong and could keep himself between the defender and the ball without falling down.

    Minute 03:10


  13. #80
    PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    inarsenewetrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,971
    Thanks
    8,096
    Thanked 18,712 Times in 5,919 Posts
    Rep Power
    310995
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Yes, have a look at the video again. The Russian defender easily caught up with him, but he's powerful and physically strong and could keep himself between the defender and the ball without falling down.

    Minute 03:10

    no. The defender caught up with him because when he cut inside the ball bobbled and he lost his momentum. But he still had the speed, power, composure to hold him off.
    If he was slow the defender could have got back in front of him even though he had good positioning.

    Anyways, Im not saying taremi is the fastest player. He is not milad or even sardar. But he is by no means a slow player either. He is a very powerful run that covers ground surprisingly quickly for a guy of his frame and loose running style.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:


Closed Thread
Page 8 of 230 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 436

You do not have permission to view the list of names.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
[Output: 90.53 Kb. compressed to 81.68 Kb. by saving 8.85 Kb. (9.77%)]