This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pejman-IL View Post
    Might be that he had Iran’s best talents of all time!! and lost 3-1 against Mexico and lost 2-0 against Portugal and tied 1-1 Angola weakest team in the World Cup

Never came back to Iran because of taxes!!
    Couldn’t find a decent job outside of Iran, even in his own country they didn’t want him.....

And this regime was like forget about the taxes, come back to Iran we need to create chaos in TM, We hate to see our people happy, they need to cry for a death arab 1300 years ago

Something like this
    Sly was vigorously defending Branko on ISP at a time when he was making decisions which were harming the long term future of TM. I kinda respect that he was the only one over there fighting his corner. Towards the beginning of his career we all rooted for the guy, just the many many things he did which sowed seeds of division and decline in Iran's national team.

I kind of expected more from you Sly regarding those "stats" I mean, have you not read the threads each time it's mentioned for the last 5 months? His win ratio has been inflated by over 10% because of selective choice of matches. Games are missing for both him and Queiroz. The source of your image is a Persepolis social media instagram account for cripes' sake.... Just go on teammelli.com and FIFA and do your own research instead of relying on this rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Again, look at the stats. See how many games we have won with Daei compared to the other coaches.

I think there is an unjust/unfair feeling against Daei and his time as TM head coach going around here that is not based on true facts.
      Again, look at the how we played under Daei. Specially our draw vs UAE. We were lucky not to lose by a 6 goal margin. Ali Daei is a legendary TM player. Fact. However, he's also one the worst if not THE WORST TM coach in the past 30 years. Even Parvin is a better coach than him.

Comment

The only thing that makes Daei's bad results less bad, is that he was dealing with old, tired versions of formerly great players, and players who weren't very good at all.
        His best players were Nekounam and Jalal Hosseini. That's it.

Comment

Daei's success in my opinion is borne out of his trust of youth. He didn't inherit the most balanced team, but brought some players for TM who would prove important for a decade after (ones who perhaps, might have been missed).

Iranian football's contextual success (given how we are in an isolated pariah country) over the last 20 years after 20 years in the wilderness post-revolution comes about with pushing for change and investment in the future.

Daei, imho, did that. Even if he had more poor key results than other coaches.
          Queiroz of course, did that.
          Others didn't.

Comment

Daei is King of Iran, i would alwaYs support him he is bo traitor and loves iran, he isnt fake like others

Comment

Originally posted by Pejman-IL View Post
              Might be that he had Iran’s best talents of all time!! and lost 3-1 against Mexico and lost 2-0 against Portugal and tied 1-1 Angola weakest team in the World Cup

Never came back to Iran because of taxes!!
              Couldn’t find a decent job outside of Iran, even in his own country they didn’t want him.....

And this regime was like forget about the taxes, come back to Iran we need to create chaos in TM, We hate to see our people happy, they need to cry for a death arab 1300 years ago

Something like this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              that was.... dark....

Comment

I would like to see Daei work with the U23 team. Thats the age range he is good at working with.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  Sly was vigorously defending Branko on ISP at a time when he was making decisions which were harming the long term future of TM. I kinda respect that he was the only one over there fighting his corner. Towards the beginning of his career we all rooted for the guy, just the many many things he did which sowed seeds of division and decline in Iran's national team.

I kind of expected more from you Sly regarding those "stats" I mean, have you not read the threads each time it's mentioned for the last 5 months? His win ratio has been inflated by over 10% because of selective choice of matches. Games are missing for both him and Queiroz. The source of your image is a Persepolis social media instagram account for cripes' sake.... Just go on teammelli.com and FIFA and do your own research instead of relying on this rubbish.
                  IMO, even to this day, I think Branko bashing was never fair. I never thought he was the best coach we've had but he was better than all Iranian coaches we had at our disposal at that point of time. and he was winning games. The only things that made people bash him for were: 1. He won games with only 1-0 or 2-1 result (so did CQ), 2. he did not invite pespes/eses favorite players (CQ was smart enough to do that, even though sometimes they did not deserve the call) and finally 3. the media started the riot which influenced the opinion of the people (they tried to do the same with CQ but it did not work).

Sure that he was relatively inexperienced for TM and a bit too gutless but if he had the authoritarian personality of CQ and the same time played his cards more smartly (by inviting a few more pespes/eses players), I don't thing any of that would have happened. His results with pespes ever since he took over the team, are obvious.

Comment

TM-News-Vol. 5

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                    that was.... dark....
                    Hahaha yes, I just don’t want Branco as headcoach.
                    We need some top quality coach, just look at our neighbors all top quality coaches even in their youth teams and they can’t even produce 1% of our legends like Ali daei, MAhdavikia, Karimi, andranik and go on

Most important we need load of money to develop our league and send our players to Europa and Good sport infrastructure for every big school in Iran

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      The only thing that makes Daei's bad results less bad, is that he was dealing with old, tired versions of formerly great players, and players who weren't very good at all.
                      His best players were Nekounam and Jalal Hosseini. That's it.
                      Agreed for the most part but IMO his strongest asset as a coach was finding and introducing great players to TM - Rahmati (never used in TM aside from one or two call ups), khalatbari, gholamreza rezaie....great players in their prime. On the flip side though he had some really suspect players he liked to use like gholamnejad and hossein kazemi and would also not consistently invite some legionnaires.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Agreed for the most part but IMO his strongest asset as a coach was finding and introducing great players to TM - Rahmati (never used in TM aside from one or two call ups), khalatbari, gholamreza rezaie....great players in their prime. On the flip side though he had some really suspect players he liked to use like gholamnejad and hossein kazemi and would also not consistently invite some legionnaires.
                        Hossein Kazemi was the very handsome dude

Comment

There is still nobody for Team Melli and we have a game on June against South Korea. Persianfootball is sayijg Hervé Renard is still xamsidate but he has said it is not true amd he stat until World Cup 2022 with Morocco

Comment

Who will coach the team if we don't find anyone until then?

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
                            There is still nobody for Team Melli and we have a game on June against South Korea. Persianfootball is sayijg Hervé Renard is still xamsidate but he has said it is not true amd he stat until World Cup 2022 with Morocco
                            Also if I'm not mistaken the Moroccan football federation confirmed Iran spoke with Renard.

Comment

IFF is as Incompetent as who is ruling Iran today so we should just wait and see what surprise the spring on us!! Its sad that we still dont have a coach, when Persian Gulf Arabs fire and hire at a split second!!! We should have in the least had TM assistants(aghajanian) run the camps and the teams until a new coach is sourced but that even didnt happen!

Comment

No respected and high profile coach wants to come to Iran. CQ was a rare exception and IFF were utter fools for letting him go especially since he wanted to stay for WC 22.

Comment

Working...
                                X